Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melanie rose

is it stress? all I can do is stress about not stressing....

Been generally clear for a long time, went through a course of accutane over the summer and now just on differin, a drying topical cream. When I break out I feel like it's from my stress and ocd. I really don't know why I care so much, but I try really hard studying and worrying for exams. I'm coming off my anxiety meds because I want to 'feel more' again, but I feel like when I have good crys, breakdowns, frustration, I'm like 'oh no stop your face will react!' I hate to think I can control my face by eating right, using the right products, etc., but when it comes to emotions I not only have to deal with the emotion but how it'll affect my face? am I being paranoid or do other people have this same problem? just wanna talk. thanks.

also, whats the time period from the 'thing' that made the break out to the actual break-out? maybe I can better figure it out.

much love

melanie

post-67058-1266534962_thumb.jpg

post-67058-1266534962_thumb.jpg

I was and am currently in the same boat as you. I went through a break up among other things and was stressing like a mad man. I'm positive it solely contributed to my acne. It was a viscous cycle of worrying, getting acne, worrying and so on. I was also on Xanax for a little while which I do think helped. I actually stopped taking it a week or so ago just becuase I was afraid I might become dependent. All in all, I believe a positive mindset can go a long way and that If you do feel stressed out, find a way to relax. Everyone has their own relaxing techniques as I'm sure you do. Utilize them.

I thought I was the only one who had this problem!! Stress seems to be a huge cause of acne for me. My skin was really good my last few months of highs school, but then as soon as it was time to go to college it got really bad. Im a sophomore in college now and im not quite as stressed out as freshman year, but when i have exams or something my skin gets terrible. I hate it because I get even more stressed when i feel a breakout starting. I worry about everything anyway so I always feel some kind of stress. I wouldnt care at all if it didnt give me zits. I even stress about trying not to get stressed out lol.

My acne is not severe by any means, but when I get really stressed out it seems that like 2-3 days later ill breakout. Its even worse because im pretty fair skinned so if get a cluster of zits they really stand out. The only thing I can think to help it is to go do something to relax. I personally like sports , so Ill go skiing or play golf or whatever.

good to know im not the only one with this problem. good luck i hope you can figure out something that works for you

thanks for the comments. I know exactly what you mean " stress about trying not to get stressed out". it sucks! all I can do is be prepared and have people around me tell me I'm doing all I can (to study for example) and not to worry. I'm by myself most of the day, so my mind is always active always telling me what needs to be done and what to worry about. I'll be going home from the first time this weekend since break, hopefully this will relax me.

What is it about your acne that stresses you out? It is the fact that others see it? Self conscious? Or perhaps you just can't stand having to wake up to it?

You just have sit back, relax and forget about your worries sometimes. I find myself freaking out at times, but if you take a moment to breathe and think rationally you'll find that you can calm your nerves. Just keep the right mind set and you'll be fine.