Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xLucky7

Just started on accutane

Long story short, i had mild acne for a while but it was persistent. Would get a pretty big bump like on my chin or nose then id go to the derm and they would give me some cream and tell me it would work. Used to work for like a month then itd stop working. So last week went to the derm and she prescribed accutane for me and i was surprised and happy at the same time. So yesterday i got my prescription and took my first pill last night. :) Currently taking 20 mg Claravis. Seems kind of low to me but maybe due to my height/weight (like 5'4'' and 120ish lbs).

ATM i have like a huge bump on my nose and another medium one on the side, and 2 medium-large ones under my right eye, and 2 semi medium ones near my mouth. My face doesnt look that bad but its kinda painfull to touch.. hopefully accutane will clear this up soon.. Hopefully im on my way to clear skin!

Edited by xLucky7

HEY LUCKY JUST A HEADS UP ON YOUR FIRST NIGHT OF TAKING THE PILL, IT TAKES AT LEAST 1 WEEK TO NOTICE MORE OR LESS BREAKOUTS. IM CURRENTLY ON 20MG CLARAVIS ALSO AND IM 6 FT 2 IN 220LBS I WORK ON BOATS DURING THE SUMMER AND BREAK OUT FROM THE SUN OFTEN. BUT I HAVE MILD ACNE SO IT IS NOT AS KNARLY AS MOST. BUT I JUST STARTED USING THIS AMAZING STUFF...... CETAPHIL FACE CLEANSER AND CETAPHIL LOTION AFTER SHOWERS TWICE A DAY. I ALWAYS HATED THE FACT I NEEDED TO PUT LOTION ON MY FACE BACK THEN SO I DIDNT AND NOW THAT I AM IT WORKS GREAT WITH THAT 20MG CLARAVIS... GIVE IT A SHOT

post-123044-1266522891_thumb.jpg

post-123044-1266522891_thumb.jpg

HEY LUCKY JUST A HEADS UP ON YOUR FIRST NIGHT OF TAKING THE PILL, IT TAKES AT LEAST 1 WEEK TO NOTICE MORE OR LESS BREAKOUTS. IM CURRENTLY ON 20MG CLARAVIS ALSO AND IM 6 FT 2 IN 220LBS I WORK ON BOATS DURING THE SUMMER AND BREAK OUT FROM THE SUN OFTEN. BUT I HAVE MILD ACNE SO IT IS NOT AS KNARLY AS MOST. BUT I JUST STARTED USING THIS AMAZING STUFF...... CETAPHIL FACE CLEANSER AND CETAPHIL LOTION AFTER SHOWERS TWICE A DAY. I ALWAYS HATED THE FACT I NEEDED TO PUT LOTION ON MY FACE BACK THEN SO I DIDNT AND NOW THAT I AM IT WORKS GREAT WITH THAT 20MG CLARAVIS... GIVE IT A SHOT

Yea just bought some cetaphil today, so im ready for the dry skin lol. And my face looks pretty bad right now, doubt it could get much worse than it already is.