Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm hanging out with my friend and his girlfriend the other night. They're getting ready because we where gonna get dinner and while she is washing her face she says "ugh, I hate pimples! I'm breaking out ugh" while looking in the mirror. She comes out and her face is clear. I had to look real hard to see the couple of tiny little white heads around her jaw. At this point in my head I am pissed off. She just complained to me about her "breakout" when it was nothing and her face was clear. I was pretty much upset the rest of the night. I can only wish my skin was anywhere near close to what she had.

one of my friends in my class, she once got a pimple on her (usually) flawless skin.

It was the first time I'd EVER seen her with a pimple...she acted like it was the end of the world.

I wish I was in a position where getting one zit would be a totally horrific thing. hahaha.

I see how it annoys you but in fairness everyone is allowed to be annoyed if they get spots imo even very rarely or small ones.

I know exactly what you mean. I was in the washroom with really bad lighting and my friend started complaining about her skin, and how it was breaking out ... and I was all like HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE MY HORRIBLE SKIN? YOUR SKIN IS PERFECT! And it is perfect. Invisible pores and everything. But I didn't say it out loud, of course. I just kind of brushed it off and didn't say anything about my skin. I try not to draw attention to my acne.

My friend and I are really close friends. We get deep on a regular basis, as in we talk about touchy issues, philosophical topics, and life in general. One day I told him that I went on Accutane, I forget what led me to talk about it.

Anyway, he has a pimples and he pops them, so he has little red marks scattered across his face, but nothing serious. His skin would be categorized under mild acne. But he does see a derm and his skin used to be crystal clear up until a couple years ago. So naturally he bounced his ideas back that his skin was terrible. I quickly told him straight that his skin was fine and nothing in serious condition. But I can understand that he would still be upset over anything from perfect, just as anyone else would be. I know he was comparing his skin to his once clear skin and he actually referenced to our classmates. He actually said something along the lines of, It's not fair that everyone else in our class has clear skin. And I understood him, and we moved on to another chapter in the book of life.

Glad to hear you have someone close to talk to you about it with. I wish I do, but alas I'm the only one in my list of friends that has this problem. That's why I'm here I guess :).

Edit: Off topic but how do I get a picture to show up under my username? I tried uploading from the account section but nothing happens.

Edited by Minnesota_Nice