Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babaoreily

Weight and acne/oily skin survey

state your height and weight

and how bad your acne is, how oily your skin is (to prove if malodrax's observation is accurate)

Me (before I went on Accutane):

height 5'9"

weight 140-145

acne: high moderate/severe

oiliness: EXTREMELY oily, would rinse face with warm water more than 10 times a day, only for all the oil to come back within 30 minutes to an hour

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 138 lbs

Acne: Moderately Severe, I get acne mostly on my jawline and cheeks, sometimes in the middle of my forehead.

Skin Type: Dry

Absolutely no acne on neck/chest/back. *knocks on wood*

Edited by prostik

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)

Acne: mild (3 months ago it would have been moderate)

Oiliness: Usually on the cheeks and around my mouth, otherwise my skin feels pretty normal

But don't get me wrong, i use to have really oily skin

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 121 lbs

Acne: High moderate

Skin Type: Combination. Some spots my skin feels disgustingly oily, while other spots are super dry.

:(

It's everywhere on my face.

Edited by Chi-Chi

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 135 lbs

Acne: Now? Very mild. Before Spironolactone? Moderate/Severe

Oiliness: Now? Moderately oily. Before: Oil fest!

Edited by jen0489x

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 200

Acne: Moderate/Moderate-Severe. I mostly breakout on my cheeks these days. Occasionally on my forehead and body, but not much. Before starting Zinc I broke out pretty bad just about everywhere.

Skin Type: Combination I think? Feels really dry at times and fairly oily at other times.

Edited by King Rat

Hello,

I really don't mean to cause offence but this survey is quite flawed.

1) You need some way to classify how "oily" skin is. To many people whose skin is oilier than their friends, it will seem "very very oily" whereas someone else might have much oilier skin and classify if as only "quite oily." I don't know how you would clarify the different levels of oiliness, but if you don't, the survey won't make a lot of sense.

2) Similar to point 1, but for acne. It only takes a quick glance round the messageboards to spot that many people think their acne is a lot worse than it is. Whose judgement are you using - that of the individual, or of a dermatologist? Are there defintions of mild, moderate and severe that people are adhering to?

3) People who are overweight are quite likely to be embarrassed about their weight and won't post it on here, so you're likely to only get replies from people who are happy with their weight - which in most cases will be a relatively low or healthy weight. (This can be seen from the existing replies.)

4) Some people have stated before and afters before certain medications, whereas others haven't. Different treatments should be taken into account, otherwise you can only conduct this survey on people who aren't using any treatments, and haven't done in the past.

There are other problems but that's plenty to be considering for now!

Sorry if this seems harsh but a badly done survey is of little more use than none at all.

xx