Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
st_patrick

Cerave Cream = Overrated? Hyped too much?

I'm getting new small white heads every night. I've always been getting them, but for some reason I'm getting them on only the areas I apply Cerave Cream on. At night I put on Dan's BP gel and then apply the cream on the dry spots. It gets all gunky when it mixes with the Gel. Could this be the issue? I heard so many good things about Cerave I don't want to just toss it in the trash.

Don't believe everything you hear or read, especially online.

I started using cerave about 2 months ago to help the dryness on my face and for awhile it seemes to work really well. I used to get big, painful pimples on my forehead that never really got to a head. They would stay there for a very long time and the Cerave seemed to really help keep those away. Ive been breaking out a little bit lately, but the pimples I do get are small and go away relatively quickly.

I havent had any problems with whiteheads using the Cerave. I would keep using it. I helped me and my dermatologist likes that I use it. Im not currently using BP so I dont know if that is an issue. However I do make sure that I let my medications dry before I put the Cerave on, maybe that could help you.

In the morning when I don't use the BP gel. It works just fine, but I think since it's a cream it has some type of waxy pasty ingredient in it that clogs pores. If a bottle of something says non-comedogenic it could really mean anything. A working marketing scheme if you ask me. I'm going to buy the liquid lotion and try that.

In the morning when I don't use the BP gel. It works just fine, but I think since it's a cream it has some type of waxy pasty ingredient in it that clogs pores. If a bottle of something says non-comedogenic it could really mean anything. A working marketing scheme if you ask me. I'm going to buy the liquid lotion and try that.

yea i read something on here that said if lotion is in a cream form, it could clog pores, despite it being labeled non comedogenic. if this is true, that's pretty crappy if you ask me. kinda hard not to be cynical. but def try the bottle cerave lotion. i have both and the bottle won't clump up. ever since i've read that about the cream i've been hesitant to use it. other than that though i've had a good experience with cerave.

yea i read something on here that said if lotion is in a cream form, it could clog pores, despite it being labeled non comedogenic. if this is true, that's pretty crappy if you ask me. kinda hard not to be cynical. but def try the bottle cerave lotion. i have both and the bottle won't clump up. ever since i've read that about the cream i've been hesitant to use it. other than that though i've had a good experience with cerave.

Will do. Thanks. Hopefully Wallgreens will allow me to exchange it without a receipt. I'll update on white heads after.