Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

an update:

well today i woke up to cysts yay :(

its hard to figure this all out, when i was eaten a TON of dairy and veggies my skin was perfect. then a few days ago i droped the dairy and replaced it it with meat. now my skin isnt doen so good,

well yesterday i was feeling so good about finaly solving this thing so i wanted to hav sum fun and i took a few shots of rum and had 2 baked sweet potatoes with my steak. but i dont get it, i use to eat sweet potatos all the time with no problem wen i was veggitarian .

my blood sugar was stable on veggies and dairy. but yesterday all i had was meat broccoli and sweet potato. with olive oil. and those 3 shots of rum. after the rum and potato my blood sugar droped and i started craving sugar. but didnt eat any, then a few hours later mood swings i got all depressed and pissed off at the world.

WTF is going on, i rly am thinken the only cure for this shit is a loaded shotgun to the head. im not even joking

Just cut out the rum and see how that goes.

gahhhhh - I'm finding it impossible to not cheat for more than 4 or 5 days. I'm living with my non-paleo mom and sibling and so of course we have lots of grains, sugar, dairy etc in the pantry tempting me whenever I get hungry. I have been eating greek yogurt the past 2 days but I think it is breaking me out so I'm going back to no dairy (except butter). I'm used to no dairy and it's basically no prob for me, but god this no grains/sugar thing is killing me...I dream of hot biscuits with butter and honey or chocolate bread pudding in class haha.

I know this would work for me if I stuck with it, I remember at the end of one of my longest stretches I had no new pimples and less oily skin.

Coconut oil is king. Better than olive oil and cheaper too.

Where I live, coconut oil, if you can even manage to find it, is actually more expensive than olive oil. I may have to start ordering online.

Where I live, no one has ever heard of coconut oil, so internet it is. And along with the shipping costs... well it isn't cheap :shrug:

Edited by oneredwine
Xig that is some funny shit. You just cracked me up.

?

I think caffeine is a really big trigger for me. I had like half a shot of espresso a few days ago and I had 2 or 3 new pimples the next 2 days. So I am cutting out dark chocolate and tea as well. I almost never drink coffee and tea occasionally but cutting those.

I have been nearly 100% for a little over a week and my skin is looking good. I'm trying to stay patient as before I got back on paleo I had a BIG breakout around my mouth/chin and the last of the pimples are finally healing. As for supplements, I take 50mg of zinc approx every other day and I just started flaxseed oil because it has really helped me in the past.

I never go on this forum anymore...I am kind of afraid I will find some "miracle cure" and start it or change what I'm doing now and break out! Also its kind of tiring and time consuming to look through all the threads I replied to and stuff. So I avoid acne.org now and spend all my time on paleo blogs! Lol.

My strength for resisting temptation has HUGELY increased. I read a flowchart from the Whole30 website that helps you resist temptations and it's basically like this: Do you have a craving for something SPECIFIC? If so, is it REALLY WORTH IT? Will the 2 minutes of deliciousness be worth the side effects later? (ie pimples that leave PIH for weeks or months). Answer: no. That really helped me succeed with a huge challenge...a boy in my class baked these choc chip cookies for our class and had them sitting right next to me and they looked SOO GOOD but I didn't have any!! I was going back and forth in my mind the entire time haha but I prevailed and now it seems I can withstand anything!

I have been getting some colorless "flesh bumps" on my chin/jawline and I don't really know where they are from. I suspect its from using the Olay cream without BP. For the past couple nights I put BP + Olay on them but it hasn't really made a difference and BP makes my skin red so I'm just going to lay off everything I think and try aloe and honey.

whew, ok sorry for long post!

I was never "addicted" to BP or anything. I found it quite effective but I swear ever since I used BP a TON in the center of my forehead when I briefly did the DKR it has been extra oily ever since :/

it just makes my skin sensitive 'n' stuff, so I figure just not use it. Let the diet/lifestyle/way of eating do the hard work!

I went out to dinner tonight and I ordered the salmon and it came with mashed potatoes, so I asked that it be substituted for sauteed greens or veggies. so I got PEAS. not shelled peas but like cooked snap peas. arghhh!!! So I just ate them. If I remember correctly I've eaten peas in the past with no problems, but we will see.

I went out to dinner tonight and I ordered the salmon and it came with mashed potatoes, so I asked that it be substituted for sauteed greens or veggies. so I got PEAS. not shelled peas but like cooked snap peas. arghhh!!! So I just ate them. If I remember correctly I've eaten peas in the past with no problems, but we will see.

I hate when I do that, it happens :D

paleo diet really works for me

i had accutane twice. wrecked my system badly.

i read mark's daily apple blog and his book.

i avoid gluten and dairy products and my skin calms down! accutane didn't even calm my acne down. It was Paleo!

felt much better in terms of energy. felt like i'm living for the 1st time after 20yrs of mindless devouring of white bread..

my book says walnut are the best nuts. but there loaded with polyunsaturated fats, and few mono fats..I thought mono was better than poly. But he says almonds are no good, and they have more mono fats than poly. Im confused which nut should I eat?

chachai what book are you referencing? In general polyunsaturated/PUFAs/omega 6s are not good. Or you at least want a good omgega 6:3 ratio, like 2:1.

update: well the goddamn peas made me break out. argh!!!!! I have 2 new pimples on my cheek and one on my forehead. I really hope the cheek ones kind of go a way before they get really red and irritated because they will leave major PIH otherwise.

hi everyone,

its been 7 years testing diets to cure my skin problems

i did vegan, raw vegan, then vegetarian.

nothing helped..

but for the past 4 months i been doing a kind of paleo friendly vegetarian diet and noticed such HUGE improvement that ive decided to eat meat again and try this the right way. i hope my research can help here is what i have learned

Dont take any supplements!!!

dont use any soap or products on your body!! only water

if ur on BP u need to stop cold turkey and buy aloe vera plants. cut the leaves and use the juice on your face after showers. it will help ween you off the BP. but expect it to take time skin needs to heal from that poison

about fish. i dont eat it because of heavy metals. DO REASEARCH on it

besides the only reason ppl think fish is the answer is becuz its the only animal that still eats natural diet. i.e. algae.

No chicken or any poultry

for those who feel hungry. try to add acorn squash. its great 3/6 ratio unlike sweat potatoes.

dont eat NUTS!!. dont eat the seeds of any plants. OR any oils made from plants. not even coconut.

ok enough of the donts. now ill try to make sense of it all for you

you should only eat meat from animals that are "hindgut fermenters" so that means cows, sheep lamb, goat, dear, buffalo, and ONLY if there diet is right . I.E. grass fed as far as pork goes i hav not done the research on that animal enough to comment

for cooking oils you need ANIMAL fat from the above animals. in the form of lard or butter or even butter or Ghee. as long as it from grass fed.. this is the real key guys. u cant hav ANY oils from plant sources !!

and the most important part -- probiotics !! i know alot of ppl are afraid of dairy, BUT u need to realize that much like a new born infant you need to colonize your Gut properly befor u can eat complex foods. so u NEED to find goat milk Kifer!! and include that for your 1st 6 months on the diet. then no more dairy ever - but dairy fat is fine. actually perfect as long as grass fed. i think making your own ghee out of grass fed goat butter is the BEST thing to use

so to sum it up the perfect diet is:

grass fed meat : from cows/lamb/goat/dear ect.

green veggies : broccoli/collard greens/acorn squash ect.

cooking fats : ghee/butter/lard (from grass fed) ect.

and No plant oils or seed of any kind, dont even eat berries . the fruits you should have are liek apples pears peaches and thing u eat and discard the seed. berries and seeds are for the birdsn haha pun. but yes birds r perfectly fit to consume seeds and spread them.

i tried to include all i could but i could write a book with all ive learned, andused my body as a test dummy for years. trust me some of you r WAY over thinking this. and if u stay on BP and soap washes dont bother with the diet. becuz u r killing all the good bacteria on your face that u NEED. my acne got worse then WAY beter just by goen off BP. took about 6 months of just using water on face.. if u stop the BP AND go eat right. this is full proof method. the biggest set back for most ppl i think is sugar/carb addiction

if u need me to elaborate any details just ask. i am a very humble person i dont think anyone knows everything. and life is a HUGE learning lesson that never stops. but if u need a reason to trust me let me say. my IQ 140 and 27 and retired and spend all my time doing research. as soon as i took on this problem of my cystic acne. i cured it in no time. went from 20 cysts and tons of scars. to perfect skin. and that was without eating meat at all. its like a dream come true . and now im including meat becuz the research and my experience backs up all my claims

the key is removing all plant oils. AND seed lectins. the rest falls into place

good luck on your journey :)

PS excuse my slang typing its a bad habit from playen online games haha

nice

I have had a few small new pimples which is unusal for me on the paleo diet. I thought it was all the cashews I've been eating, but then I realized something thats a more probable source...the sugar from all the fruit I've been eating. Strawberries are in season right now and every time we go to the farmers market we pick up half a box and I've been eating a ton! I'm going to have to cut down on the sugar. I think I'm going to limit myself to 1 or 2 fruit servings for right now. I have been having strawberries as a snack at every opprotunity. I should make some beef jerky or something to replace this.

Hi folks, great thread! I would like some input from members.

I notice serious additional oiliness to my skin since I increased the fat % of my daily intake as most Paleos recommend near 50% fat intake, while other variables are constant.

This concerns me as it can be related to increased androgen activity and my skin reacts poorly to oiliness.

1 Has anyone experienced increased skin oiliness from butter, ghee or coconut oil?

2 Roughly how much % fat do you Paleos consume?

3 Any correlation for someone between vitamin D levels and skin oiliness?

This is very.. overwhelming. It hit me today when I went to the store to buy meats and vegetables for this diet, which I plan on following. I don't know what it is. I just don't feel like I know what I'm doing. I'm beginning this diet today, and I'll try to stick with it. I bought a wild caught salmon, a wild caught cod, some skinless, boneless chicken breasts from Perdue, a bunch of salad assortments, mushrooms, basil, and thyme. I.. just want right skin. Maybe I'll feel better about this after having done it for a while. I really enjoy eating fruits. But vegetables and cooking are completely foreign to me. It's just quite a lot at once. I've spent nearly all day the past two days reading post after post, website after website about this diet. I just hope this is all worth it.

^Why boneless and skinless? The skin's the best part!

Anyway, I think the best part of this lifestyle is the realness of it all. Real emotions, real hunger, real food. What do I mean by that? I'm not going to go into all kinds of scientific mumble jumble, but I've always noticed that my mood is more stable when I eat low-carb. Insulin spikes mess with your hormones, and thus make you go a little crazy. That, and things like sugar and grains have highly addictive properties, which also does not-so-nice things to the brain. Also, when you cut out those carbs, your hunger shifts into something totally different. You can skip a meal without going completely mad. Hunger is a need, not a want. I love this. And real food. Who doesn't want to follow a lifestyle where bacon is not only allowed, but encouraged? You can't beat it.

I'm still overcoming my sugar addiction; I can hardly have fruit in the house because it disappears...But I know each day is a step forward and a lesson learned.

The most important thing with all this is that you can't stress over it too much. If something breaks you out or makes you feel bad inside, don't eat it. If it doesn't, fair game.

How does one keep on weight with a paleo diet? I lost a ton of weight that i didn't need to lose and acne is at its worse.

Can someone post a sample 2000 calorie menu without eggs?

^Why boneless and skinless? The skin's the best part!

Anyway, I think the best part of this lifestyle is the realness of it all. Real emotions, real hunger, real food. What do I mean by that? I'm not going to go into all kinds of scientific mumble jumble, but I've always noticed that my mood is more stable when I eat low-carb. Insulin spikes mess with your hormones, and thus make you go a little crazy. That, and things like sugar and grains have highly addictive properties, which also does not-so-nice things to the brain. Also, when you cut out those carbs, your hunger shifts into something totally different. You can skip a meal without going completely mad. Hunger is a need, not a want. I love this. And real food. Who doesn't want to follow a lifestyle where bacon is not only allowed, but encouraged? You can't beat it.

I'm still overcoming my sugar addiction; I can hardly have fruit in the house because it disappears...But I know each day is a step forward and a lesson learned.

The most important thing with all this is that you can't stress over it too much. If something breaks you out or makes you feel bad inside, don't eat it. If it doesn't, fair game.

Yes! Not only because of the blood sugar spikes, but because of the gut-brain connection in general. Our guts ARE a brain, that's what they are starting to discover through science. And so much of our seratonin supply is stored in the gut. Leaky gut = depression and the crazies, on top of skin issues. Healing your gut leads to feeling so much more balanced.