Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
May I ask if you guys take Green Smoothies? I'm not a big fan of them, but if they work better than eating the veggies/fruits normally, then I'll be all for it.

I'm starting out and I always feel hungry, so it would be nice to eat my fruits normally as a little snack.

Smoothies wont solve your hunger problems.

Protein is the best form of satiation, followed by fat. Eating vegetables whole will be much better at this than smoothied as liquid is digested much quicker and is likely to increase the insulin spike :)

Thanks for the info, Ben! I was never aware of green veggies and fruits affecting insulin.

It wont spike it dramatically, depends on what fruit and veg you use. What im saying is that compared to equivalent whole foods it will spike it more, as its broken down instead of needing to be broken down more.

Same with whole foods, people who rely on shakes when bulking will always be hungrier as it just doesnt satiate as well as whole food.

Edited by ben90

-

Edited by Guest

When should I start expecting results from this diet? I know everyone is different but in general... I've only been following it for almost a week and I'm still breaking out just as bad as before. I guess I'm looking for results way too early but would still like to know.

-

Edited by Guest

Hey,

A week is nothing. If you read through this thread you'll notice it takes time for some people. I strongly suggest everyone new does just that because we've been discussing EVERYTHING in here already.

I personally didn't begin experiencing serious results (body) until maybe 5-6 months in (with something like 2 cheat meals a week for most of that time, or more) + coffee. Now I don't cheat and I quit drinking coffee in order to combat my facial acne.

But anyways, it could take you anywhere between 1 day and 6+ months to see results. Just stick with it, if you can. It was hard as hell for me in the beginning but now I'm so used to it I just don't care. If you find it hard, make it slow when you're just starting out. Maybe start by just eating 50% paleo. Or just do as a lot of people and allow yourself to have around 2 cheat meals a week, so you're still eating something like 95% paleo. According to Dr. Loren Cordain, cheating that little will have very little impact on your results.

Hope this helps!

-

Edited by Guest

-

Edited by Guest

-

Edited by Guest

-

Edited by Guest

-

Edited by Guest

Hey Naturalis, how does one soak nuts? I've been eating just way too many nuts lately and now my stomach can't handle them anymore -- I get problems similar to the ones I get from excessive fructose intake, namely diarrhea and such.

Thanks bro, did soaking help you at all though? I think that if I just cut down the amount I eat and only have a handful every other day I'll be fine without soaking them, because I never ever experienced problems from nuts or seeds before, but still...

Edited by dirtbomb

Alright man.

Anyone on the paleo diet tried adding in brown rice? I'm thinking about trying it because the GL is relatively low and it would be a nice and cheap way to get calories.

so if i understand correctly no one of you is actually clear?

I've been clear for years eating this way. It's the only thing that works. Many others here have cleared too, most left (heck I left for a few years too), some still hang around for interesting discussions.

Yeah there's just so many folks out there who cleared up, trust us when we say that. Also "clear" is a tricky word, I'm sure a lot of people who consider themselves clear on any regimen will still get the occasional zit -- I got my first body zit (shoulder) in months a couple days ago, I haven't had a back this clear for probably at least 8 years. Would you consider my back to be "clear"? I think I would.

By the way, I started eating omega 3's again about the same time I got this zit and also had my first cups of coffee in maybe a month or more, I wonder if these things could be related? I know other people have broken out after eating omega 3 pills, especially on the shoulders!

Gyro: Yeah, but I'm trying to get off nuts more or less completely because I can't digest them anymore. If you read some of the older stuff in this thread you'll notice I'm the nut and fruit freak here, probably the two most hated paleo foods by paleo dieters. Nuts have large amounts of omega 6 which means they'll more or less fuck up your omega 3/omega 6 ratio (a good ratio theoretically means less infection), but I've never really been that scared of 'em since I know there are hunter-gatherers out there who eat loads of both nuts and fruits. I think when starting out it's probably a good idea to not have too many nuts though but rather focus on just animal products and veggies as your staples.

I'm sure when venam is back from his trip he'll be able to give some really great advice to all the newcomers, he's a good dude! Also if you people have the time I strongly suggest reading through all the 26 or whatever pages of this thread, seriously, there's some good shit back there.

Edited by dirtbomb

Naturalis, I've posted about this before but I'll just go ahead and do it again, haha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption

I have that shit and apples are the worst yeah, haha. I can handle bananas pretty well and fruits like plums (stone fruits?). Actually there are several other fruits I can handle OK but apples and pears I always avoid, as well as dried fruits. The problems I experience from eating the wrong fruits are very similar to what I get from nuts nowadays.

What do you mean? I didn't say I only eat fruits and nuts, I just said I eat them.

I consume animals, vegetables, fruits, nuts, some seeds sometimes, mushrooms, herbal tea and green tea too nowadays (don't know what effect it has on me yet), and that's about it.

Edited by dirtbomb