Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone know of a good powder that can "set" your makeup? One that is non-pore-clogging and reasonably cheap? Although I will shell out the big bucks for a product if it is worth it.

Cheap:

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powder Mineral Foundation

Physicians Formula powders

Pricey:

Guerlain Meteorites

Lancome Photôgenic Loose Powder

All are great!

My absolute favorite is Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19).

I also recommend, in no particular order, Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder ($59), Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder ($30), and Clinique Blended Face Powder ($19).

Alright, so, I'm a guy and know absolutely nothing about make-up, but was directed here from the oil control forum. I don't have acne nor do I have scars or red marks; I instead have lots and lots of oil. Can these powders be used on their own to hide oily skin? Does that actually work?

Alright, so, I'm a guy and know absolutely nothing about make-up, but was directed here from the oil control forum. I don't have acne nor do I have scars or red marks; I instead have lots and lots of oil. Can these powders be used on their own to hide oily skin? Does that actually work?

I believe so. Everyday Minerals has a finishing veil that's supposed to control oil and samples are about two bucks on their website.

One setting powder I really love is the MAC Transparent Finishing Powder. It is pricey, but definitely feels silky and helps control oil too (: It also gives me a very soft focus look.

You need to use a pressed powder, I have Maybelline pressed powder. it was relatively cheap. it also worked pretty good, but I took it everywhere, it ended up breaking and now its a mess.

If you want to set your makeup use Physicians Formula bronzing finishing veil. YOU can pick from light bronze to medium bronze and it makes your skin look great.

I'd definitely go with Bare Escentuals or Smashbox.

I actually use the BE foundation powder... it's more of a setting powder and it gives good lasting coverage. The Halo powder is wonderful too!! :)

Use a Kabuki brush too if you like medium coverage :)

I'd definitely go with Bare Escentuals or Smashbox.

I actually use the BE foundation powder... it's more of a setting powder and it gives good lasting coverage. The Halo powder is wonderful too!! :)

Use a Kabuki brush too if you like medium coverage :)

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT Try the bareminerals (bare essensuals) before reading this:

While bismuth oxychloride has proven antibacterial properties, it can irritate sensitive skin like mad. “Bismuth oxychloride can aggravate acne, resulting in flare-ups upon use, and even cause the appearance of acne cysts,†says Manhattan-based dermatologist Judith Hellman, MD. “In addition, it may be the source of rashes in patients sensitive to it, especially those with delicate and easily irritated skin, such as rosacea and eczema patients.†No wonder many mineral makeup manufacturers are now eliminating bismuth oxychloride from their formulations.

Bismuth O