Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

Why does it seem that EVERYONE around me has clear skin?

I mean I look try and look for people with acne...actually I do hehe but wtf...EVERYONE seems to have clear skin. I just feel like an outsider all the time. Anyone ever get this feeling?

I see people with acne all the time when I'm out and about, and a lot of people even have scars. Relatively few people have perfectly clear skin from what I've seen.

In your vicinity there's bound to being a good deal of people with acne.

The only reason why you only see people with clear skin when you go outside is because the people with acne never go out.

I think many people have clear skin, but very few people have perfect skin. If they don't have acne they may have something else, for example a smoker's tinge, a fake orange tan, alcohol-induced redness, premature aging, rosacea, broken capillaries, scarring, etc. Also keep in mind that most females wear make-up, and some men as well. :)

I kinda feel the same but I'm studying beauty therapy and we have to practice facials as well as everything else on each other. I wouldn't say they have acne or worse skin than me but its definately not perfect compared to how I thought everyones skin looked from just seeing them day to day. once I got a proper look and put their skin under the horrible mag lamp I could see all sorts (god i sound horrible) and there are people with body acne and not facial acne (then theres people like me with both :( ) Of course there are people in my class and everywhere else that just have flawless skin and I can't help but treat them as though they are superior to me lol

Also I was working with this girl with nice skin and I thought lucky you - you have perfect skin and later I found was put on dianette for her acne and felt so self conscious about it. So all these people may have lovely skin but it doesn't mean they always have and it doesn't make them a nicer person. Plus they may have much bigger problems in their lives.

Whenever I see a stunning girl with gorgeous skin I admire her and then hope she's either a mega bitch or has no personality or sense of humour. Haha shame my skin has made me think like that.

Edited by *jellybeans*

also it doesn't help that every celebrity you see in magazines has perfect skin!

although we all know they've been retouched with the best acne cure around- photoshop ;)

but some of them do open up about their skin problems, like Hayley Williams and Miley Cyrus. which is pretty cool.

It's like when your single. Everyone around you seems to be dating or getting together except you. The only people I see with acne are a couple of co-workers and even theirs is just a couple of zits that aren't even noticeable. It's very discouraging. I definitely have a hard time looking people in the eye when they talk because of acne.

Thanx for the replies Im glad Im not alone. Im starting to think acne is really giving me a disadvantage in trying to fit in :(