Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkim2121

Peeling and Flaky Dry Skin

hey everyone, i had a few questions. my current regime consists of some over the counter products such as clean and clear deep action exfoliating scrub, witch hazel, and the proactiv moisturizer. previously, i used a clean and clear lotion to moisturize, ive recently switched to proactiv because it usually cleared up my scars a bit. with the switch however, ive been getting ridiculous amounts of dry and flaky skin on my face, i havent broken out too bad, nothing significant so i dont know if i should keep going or stop using that lotion and go back to my old one. please help!

hey everyone, i had a few questions. my current regime consists of some over the counter products such as clean and clear deep action exfoliating scrub, witch hazel, and the proactiv moisturizer. previously, i used a clean and clear lotion to moisturize, ive recently switched to proactiv because it usually cleared up my scars a bit. with the switch however, ive been getting ridiculous amounts of dry and flaky skin on my face, i havent broken out too bad, nothing significant so i dont know if i should keep going or stop using that lotion and go back to my old one. please help!

stick with whatever keeps you clear. that's the most important thing. you should try buying some jojoba oil and add it to your lotion when you put it on. it pretty much stops the flakiness. it makes your face look oily (obviously) so i only put it on at night and that put an end to my flakiness. i'm on the Regimen so my face is pretty dry until i put on some lotion. as long as you're putting on bp you probably won't be able to stop dryness before lotion is applied but the flakiness is fixable with jojoba oil. let us know how it goes!