Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lpranger467

Spot C02 on Nose

I have had mild acne scarring for past 20 years, I have a scar near about 1/2 inch up from the tip of my nose. The scar is slightly raised/with 2 icepick spots in the middle. I have taken the following steps for my scars:

TCA peel full face, then I had a spot peel done with TCA that left the spot with a weird orange peel texture. I later had c02 resurfasing (full face) and that somewhat corrected the "peel" but the scar is still there (maybe a little less raised)

Im thinking of doing one more spot c02 on this scar only, any thoughts ? I have read a lot of these columns that say that noses are a kinda "special" area.

Thanks

At the 2 week point, most of the scab is off except for the part he went deepest. I can still see that one of the icepick spots is still there, but it looks like its roughly 40-50 % improved. I do find that after have past C02 treatments that laser isnt more effective. It seems as though it would be a simple proceedure to fully burn off the pitted skin yet it isnt so, the scars come back.

I'll update again in a few weeks when the scabs fully off.

Hey - I had Deep FX on my nose. Almost three weeks out and not healed.. I am getting pretty frustrated. Any advice on topicals to tone down the reen marks?

I dont know if you happened to see my other post, But mine looks indented now, Im hoping it will plump out but Im kinda sorry I ever did it,, From what Ive been told the skin on your nose is very thick so it takes a long time to heal,,Ive also heard to try to keep the scab on there for as long as possible for best healing

Hello everybody!

lpranger467 I have the same problem I have an icepick in the tip of my nose. I put some tca cross 70% and I think is getting worse. Now im doing some subcision but I have no result no improvement. Next week Im going to the dermatologist to have hopefully the last round of silikon injection for my cheek and Im gone ask the dr. if the silikon work for scar on nose.

I will keep updating after the appointment.

Thanks, Mine is lumpy now and depressed in the middle. Maybe I should have just let it alone, or maybe its still healing guess time will tell

Update: Happy to report that it did plump out quite a bit although it still might be slighly depressed..From what I'm seeing so far maybe about a 50% improvement. I'll keep updating but I'm certainly in better spirits now

I went to the dr for the silikon injection for my nose, but is the first procedure for my nose and I don't see any improvement yet. I need up to 2 treatment to see improvement. I had 5 silikon round on my cheek for the rollong scar and box scars and I see a lot improvement.

I will keep updating after the next round wich is gonna be on 14 of this month...

lpranger467 how long did you wait from the recovery after the co2?

Edited by badkitty