Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wow really? what brand are you taking??

i just quit taking doxy and i'm afraid it weakened my immune system so i want to start taking probiotics to make it stronger

The ONLY brand I saw this difference in was PB8. Supposedly, probiotices with SBOs (soil based organisms) are SO much better than probiotcs without them. We tried ordering a kind offline with SBOs but for some reason the order never came in :/ I don't know why I improved, it might just be whatever reason my skin is oily personally, which is why I asked this, thinking maybe someone might know the weird link that could help my find the end to my oily skin all together. But maybe you should give it a shot! If you do let me know if you see any difference. I take two right before bed.

The ONLY brand I saw this difference in was PB8. Supposedly, probiotices with SBOs (soil based organisms) are SO much better than probiotcs without them. We tried ordering a kind offline with SBOs but for some reason the order never came in :/ I don't know why I improved, it might just be whatever reason my skin is oily personally, which is why I asked this, thinking maybe someone might know the weird link that could help my find the end to my oily skin all together. But maybe you should give it a shot! If you do let me know if you see any difference. I take two right before bed.

thank you =] i'm going to try that and let you know how it goes

This a great question and I noticed a similar effect when I concentrated on improving my digestion.

Friendly bacteria are supposed to play a role in hormone regulation. Hormones are supposed to be responsible for sebum production. Thus introducing friendly bacteria (acidopholus, bifidobacterium, etc) in theory could lead to better hormone regulation and decreased sebum production. Unfriendly bacteria (like kleisbeilla, citrobacter, etc), I've read, have been associated with hormone dysfunction.

You may want to do a search on the term "dysbiosis."

Thanks! But I don't want to have to become dependent on supplements..as soon as I ran out my skin went right back to the way it was before. Can't I get enough from foods?

Foods are actually supposed to be more powerful than probiotic supplements. I've seen studies suggesting that VSL#3, one of the most powerful and expensive probiotics around, only has temporary beneficial effects on gut microflora.