Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkling

Shallow Rolling Scars

Heya! =)

I finished my Accutane course months ago and it left me with shallow, superficial rolling scars. They aren't too bad, but there are many of them particularly in the center of my cheeks where the skin seems to be more sensitive. I am currently on Retin-A 0.025% but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Truthfully, I'm having a hard timing finding a solution in this specific forum so I've resorted to creating this new topic.

What do you suggest? Is TCA my only choice? I've read horrible stories about it and personally I don't want to screw up my face further after acne's fabulous work.

Thanks!

Darkling

Edited by Darkling

How long have you been using Retin-A? I believe Retin-A is best fitted for shallow rolling scars but you have to use it for a while (6months to 2 years).

Peels won't do much. I don't know about regular TCA peel but TCA cross only works for ice picks. You should look into subcision because it is arguably the best treatment for rolling scars.

How long have you been using Retin-A? I believe Retin-A is best fitted for shallow rolling scars but you have to use it for a while (6months to 2 years).

Peels won't do much. I don't know about regular TCA peel but TCA cross only works for ice picks. You should look into subcision because it is arguably the best treatment for rolling scars.

Hi! I've only been on Retin-A for 3 months.

Subcision sounds rather invasive, so I think I'll stick to Retin-A for the time being. Thanks! :)