Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YoshWakalaka

Keeping your skin routine simple

I think my acne has gotten worse over the years because of stress and irritating my skin. I never had a problem with breaking out a lot when I was younger. I would be the type to go insane over a couple of pimples. I think that's when I started breaking out more. I would irritate my skin with harsh products just to get rid of a couple of zits. Now that I have more acne I feel really dumb for going so crazy.

Recently I gave up just looking for a cure. I stopped using BP and SA because I couldn't see any improvements, and I'm didn't like the idea that BP slows down your skins healing process and how it makes your skin age faster? I also tried many natural remedies, but they all seemed like a bad idea.

Recently I have been washing my face with cetaphil and mixing fruit of the earth 100% aloe vera with jojoba oil for a moisturizer. A really simple regimen...

And I don't want to jump to conclusions so quickly, but I do think my skin is clearing up. I'm not irritating my skin with harsh chemicals and I think the aloe vera heals your skin while the jojoba oil reduces acne marks and pimples by controlling your skins oil? correct me if I'm wrong

I also take Nature Made Calcium Magnesium with Zinc which is all mixed in a pill form, and I try to take that maximum of 2 times a day.

A lot of pimples on my forehead and cheeks seem to be gone which is great. Maybe it's just me, but I think keeping my skin routine really really simple helps a lot.

I'll see how my skin does for the next couple of weeks..

I also think eating a lot has to do with acne too. Dan said in one of his videos that he tried an acne diet, and it seemed to work until he started gaining weight. I'll try to go find that video again.

Sorry if this doesn't interest anyone. It's pretty long... and I hate reading so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read this

correct. some peoples acne is brought on more so by irritating the skin or going over board with regime's

simple is best

edit awesome avatar mate. sweet

Edited by want2beme

I think my acne has gotten worse over the years because of stress and irritating my skin. I never had a problem with breaking out a lot when I was younger. I would be the type to go insane over a couple of pimples. I think that's when I started breaking out more. I would irritate my skin with harsh products just to get rid of a couple of zits. Now that I have more acne I feel really dumb for going so crazy.

Recently I gave up just looking for a cure. I stopped using BP and SA because I couldn't see any improvements, and I'm didn't like the idea that BP slows down your skins healing process and how it makes your skin age faster? I also tried many natural remedies, but they all seemed like a bad idea.

Recently I have been washing my face with cetaphil and mixing fruit of the earth 100% aloe vera with jojoba oil for a moisturizer. A really simple regimen...

And I don't want to jump to conclusions so quickly, but I do think my skin is clearing up. I'm not irritating my skin with harsh chemicals and I think the aloe vera heals your skin while the jojoba oil reduces acne marks and pimples by controlling your skins oil? correct me if I'm wrong

I also take Nature Made Calcium Magnesium with Zinc which is all mixed in a pill form, and I try to take that maximum of 2 times a day.

A lot of pimples on my forehead and cheeks seem to be gone which is great. Maybe it's just me, but I think keeping my skin routine really really simple helps a lot.

I also think eating a lot has to do with acne too. Dan said in one of his videos that he tried an acne diet, and it seemed to work until he started gaining weight. I'll try to go find that video again.

Sorry if this doesn't interest anyone. It's pretty long... and I hate reading so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read this

question... i have this acne scar from a month ago. i tried popping it (before i knew the harm it caused and educated myself on acne).. anyways.. it has left a dark scar around the area... so should i not be applying bp to the effected area since it slows the healing process.. i use fruit of the earth 100 aloe vera gel... but i dont use jojoba oil.. where did you get it from? and how much wasi t?

question... i have this acne scar from a month ago. i tried popping it (before i knew the harm it caused and educated myself on acne).. anyways.. it has left a dark scar around the area... so should i not be applying bp to the effected area since it slows the healing process.. i use fruit of the earth 100 aloe vera gel... but i dont use jojoba oil.. where did you get it from? and how much wasi t?

Sorry I didn't realize people commented on this thread.

I wish I never used BP in the first place. Well, soon as I started getting the dark scars I stopped using the BP and just tried using SA products because SA is supposedly good for treating the spots. I dropped that too, now I'm doing that cetaphil aloe and jojoba oil thing and I think I see a lot of them fading. It takes time for the marks to go away which sucks, and it takes longer since the BP screws everything up. I guess you could try it.

I have this kind

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...WELAID=61248806

but I'm not sure where you can buy it at. I heard they sell some at Trader Joe's and GNC. You could go look if you live in the state I guess.

Your post was very interesting to me! I have kind of been in the same situation. I've been using various acne products (cleansers, scrubs, toners, lotions) that I think have been too harsh and irritating on my skin, only making the problem worse. I wouldn't always stick with a product very long, which probably didn't help. My acne isn't that bad, but it bothers me and I hate having pimples. Thank god for makeup that helps cover them! Most people don't even notice, but I notice and REALLY stress out about it. Anyway, I just started on Dan's regimen. I'm using Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin Foaming wash, 2.5% BP (will be using Dan's once I get it in the mail) and Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer. I've been on the regimen for five days, and the pimples I did have are clearing up and are almost gone. I've had a few small ones pop up, but nothing major. I'm REALLY hoping this simple skin care regimen works. I'm not going to use harsh products anymore! My only complaint so far is a dry flaky skin, but it's not terrible and isn't very noticeable. Best of luck to you!!!! :)