Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After so many years of acne and trying various products with no luck at all, I've decided that I'm going to go on an all-liquid diet for 2 months and see if it makes any difference. What gave me the idea was that I was reading people's experience with jaw surgery (I'm getting it done next year) and you have to go on a strict all-liquid diet for about a month. I saw people's before and after pics that had mild/moderate acne, and in their after pics when they went off the diet their skin was amazing, every one of them. So it got me thinking. I will do just about anything at this point. So I wanted to ask your opinion on this...is it safe? I will list what liquids/brands I'm going to take, but you will have to look the product up yourself because when I post it all here...the ingredients are far too long & the page goes on for 100 hours. This is what I will be consuming on a daily basis for 2 months to start...

1.) Green Vibrance (by Vibrant Health) One drink per day

2.) Colostrum Plus (by Symbiotics) Two drinks per day

3.) Eureka! Berries (by Madre Labs) One drink per day

4.) My regular herbal teas I like to drink, just because.

It doesn't take much to get me full so I probably wouldn't drink more than those above. I've tried going on gluten-free diets but it didn't last..the cost was insane when you have people in your house who eat it all on you, even when you strictly tell them not to. So I'm choosing Green Vibrance because it's loaded with enzymes, probiotics (dairy-free), Fiber, Minerals, Nutritious foods like carrot powder, parsley, broccoli, spinach..etc) . It's also gluten-free. Though it's only 44 calories per drink.

I chose Colostrum because I've heard many times about how great it is, especially for the skin, but for overall health too. I've always wanted to try it just as an added nutrient, it's probably fat-free though?!

I chose Eureka Berries for a healthy, fruity drink. It's got all those skin healing fruits like goji, acai, mangosteen, pomegranate and seabuckthorn.

I know I will lose weight even though I don't need to but I'm okay with that, but will this be good enough for my body to function properly? I don't want to die just yet...

On a last note, I should say that I'm currently taking Magnesium, Vitamin D3, and Nattokinase.

Any opinions or added suggestions (gluten-free ones) would be great. I'm bad at knowing how much calories and such you need to have each day because I never cared before.

Thanks a bunch =)

After so many years of acne and trying various products with no luck at all, I've decided that I'm going to go on an all-liquid diet for 2 months and see if it makes any difference. What gave me the idea was that I was reading people's experience with jaw surgery (I'm getting it done next year) and you have to go on a strict all-liquid diet for about a month. I saw people's before and after pics that had mild/moderate acne, and in their after pics when they went off the diet their skin was amazing, every one of them. So it got me thinking. I will do just about anything at this point. So I wanted to ask your opinion on this...is it safe? I will list what liquids/brands I'm going to take, but you will have to look the product up yourself because when I post it all here...the ingredients are far too long & the page goes on for 100 hours. This is what I will be consuming on a daily basis for 2 months to start...

1.) Green Vibrance (by Vibrant Health) One drink per day

2.) Colostrum Plus (by Symbiotics) Two drinks per day

3.) Eureka! Berries (by Madre Labs) One drink per day

4.) My regular herbal teas I like to drink, just because.

It doesn't take much to get me full so I probably wouldn't drink more than those above. I've tried going on gluten-free diets but it didn't last..the cost was insane when you have people in your house who eat it all on you, even when you strictly tell them not to. So I'm choosing Green Vibrance because it's loaded with enzymes, probiotics (dairy-free), Fiber, Minerals, Nutritious foods like carrot powder, parsley, broccoli, spinach..etc) . It's also gluten-free. Though it's only 44 calories per drink.

I chose Colostrum because I've heard many times about how great it is, especially for the skin, but for overall health too. I've always wanted to try it just as an added nutrient, it's probably fat-free though?!

I chose Eureka Berries for a healthy, fruity drink. It's got all those skin healing fruits like goji, acai, mangosteen, pomegranate and seabuckthorn.

I know I will lose weight even though I don't need to but I'm okay with that, but will this be good enough for my body to function properly? I don't want to die just yet...

On a last note, I should say that I'm currently taking Magnesium, Vitamin D3, and Nattokinase.

Any opinions or added suggestions (gluten-free ones) would be great. I'm bad at knowing how much calories and such you need to have each day because I never cared before.

Thanks a bunch =)

You will not die but you'll have no ass. LOl

Sigh.

Ok, you've tried various PRODUCTS, and they didn't work. Understandable, none of them do work. Have you tried various DIETS? This is a ridiculous extreme to go to straight away. Try JUST cutting carbs first, or dairy, or whatever. It can't be that hard. You said you're willing to do "anything", well, REALLY? You don't need to do this. At least eat some vegetables.

And you don't need jaw surgery.

As most of us are learning on this forum, you can buy hundreds of dollars of products for your acne, but if you don't try to find the food in your diet that is already causing your problems, you probably won't see any big results.

A majority of people find that dairy causes their acne.

Another significant percentage of people discover it is gluten.

Others discover can be nightshade vegetables (lectins).

Pick one of those and see what happens in the next 4 weeks.

Hopefully more people will answer this thread too because I've also thought about going on a liquid diet. Although 2 months seems a little extreme, I guess it could take that long to see results.

Too extreme for my taste.

Despite the drinks having plenty of vitamins and minerals in them, you're still going to fall short. The body needs essential fats, carbs, protein, fiber...everything. It's honestly not a practical diet. Even if it DOES work, the diet is going to end at some point and your problems are going to return. Personally, I can't find any scientific proof to back up the idea that this diet can detoxify someone and help acne. The body is already an amazing machine that can detoxify itself.

There are plenty of products out there in the world. We all search and try new stuff but eventually we find something that clears our skin. It's frustrating but you'll find something and I doubt it will be this.

Sigh.

Ok, you've tried various PRODUCTS, and they didn't work. Understandable, none of them do work. Have you tried various DIETS? This is a ridiculous extreme to go to straight away. Try JUST cutting carbs first, or dairy, or whatever. It can't be that hard. You said you're willing to do "anything", well, REALLY? You don't need to do this. At least eat some vegetables.

And you don't need jaw surgery.

I agree. Unless you have tried other diets before, I'd go broader with your diet and start narrowing it down as you pass a month or so if things don't work out.

If you're gonna do this I would make green smoothies (SO much nutrition).

I have one every morning for breakfast. I have also been avoiding gluten. These 2 things have helped my skin a lot.

so basically nothing but juice for 2 months?

sounds like the exact opposite of what you should do to rid acne.

your insulin will go on a roller coaster ride everyday with all that sugar.

and I have a hard time believing you can get all your nutritional needs from some products.

try REAL food. your body needs healthy fat, carbs, and protein. not processed stuff.

goodluck.

Firstly, yeah I bet it will clear up your skin. At the very least, after a week your body will enter the fasting stage where it starts to eat away at itself, because face it, that's just not enough food. What is it, under 500 total calories a day? In a panic to find anything it can turn into energy, your body will more than likely start eating the acne causing bacteria. The catch is, unless you plan on doing this for the rest of your life, once you stop the acne will come back, possibly stronger than ever. There are much more sensible ways of going about finding your "cure". This is essentially the Accutane of dieting to cure acne...don't take this step unless you absolutely have to. Hell, I'd recommend Accutane over this..

Im sorry but don't do this!!

There is no point replacing one problem with many more.

If you want an elimination diet just eat vegetables maybe some fish and chicken, nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive oil.

But I dont reccomend it

K so for the most part, I may not die but I'll regret it. Got it.

I meant products such as supplements, not over the counter crap.

I'll skip this then (for now) and try another diet. I've gone dairy-free pretty much since 2007 with not much difference. I've been trying to avoid gluten as much as possible but would LOVE to go completely gluten-free but it's tough who I live with at the moment, I've tried going raw..I hated it. The reason why I thought this would be okay is the ingredients listed in Green Vibrance, pretty much whole foods there!! Except easier to do in my opinion ; )

Whoever said sugar overload...there's barely any sugar in those products listed! Which is why I chose them...

Thanks to those that helped.

Edited by nicksterchick

K so for the most part, I may not die but I'll regret it. Got it.

I meant products such as supplements, not over the counter crap.

I'll skip this then (for now) and try another diet. I've gone dairy-free pretty much since 2007 with not much difference. I've been trying to avoid gluten as much as possible but would LOVE to go completely gluten-free but it's tough who I live with at the moment, I've tried going raw..I hated it. The reason why I thought this would be okay is the ingredients listed in Green Vibrance, pretty much whole foods there!! Except easier to do in my opinion ; )

Whoever said sugar overload...there's barely any sugar in those products listed! Which is why I chose them...

Thanks to those that helped.

I understand, however they are still not WHOLE, REAL FOODS.

and as far as the sugar, i highly doubt they provide adequate amounts of fat and protein (things your body NEEDS). I would imagine they are mostly carbohydrate. That is what will send your insulin into a roller coaster ride. Just eat real food. If it didn't grow out of the ground or have a mother then I wouldn't recommend eating it.

You need to know that not all food breaks you out...

GO sign up at the gym ( working out will release stress and you will feel better )'

Buy a good whey protein isolate ( I prefer jay robb )

ezekiel bread ( original )

Salads ( romaine lettuce, red cabbage and some carrots ) with avocados and extra-virgin olive oil

Chicken breast ( Get organic seasoning - turmeric powder, garlic powder and onion powder )

Extra-virgin coconut oil for cooking and add to bread as butter.

healthy protein, carbs, and fats seemed to work well for me.

Edited by EddieE

To be honest everyone is going to tell you to try their diet because it works for them.

Try not to do them all because you will end up eating very little and gettin so down about food.

You have to find a diet that worls for but I would say just eat a healthy whole foods, nutrient dense diet with water, veggies, meat, fish, fruits, carbs, fats, nuts, seeds. whatever works for you

To be honest everyone is going to tell you to try their diet because it works for them.

Try not to do them all because you will end up eating very little and gettin so down about food.

You have to find a diet that worls for but I would say just eat a healthy whole foods, nutrient dense diet with water, veggies, meat, fish, fruits, carbs, fats, nuts, seeds. whatever works for you

Agreed.

My diet is for body builders, so I wouldn't suggest my diet. It worked for me though.

Your list sounds good and better because more nutrition. Also, she should add supplements. Such as, Vitamin D-3, multi-v, fish oil, and probiotics

Eventually, I added a few things into my diet and my skin looks much better because I started drinking green smoothie - kale, spinach, water, 1 banana, and berries..

Edited by EddieE

Everybody already said the things i wanted to say. Except for one thing: You really dont need jaw surgery! It looks really good the way it is now!

It comes down to this; if your diet isn't enough to satisfy your hunger and give you sufficient strength to exercise for about 60 minutes (as well as have enough energy to last through the day); if it is not capable of making you feel great on a daily basis-then it is NOT a healthy diet.

Seriously reconsider. It might be a quick fix for a little bit of time, but you'll be causing serious long term damage to your body.

I agree with cuting out sugar (fruits, raw, and processed sugar). And offcourse nothing thats processed. Avoid high fructose corn syrup. Cut out all dairy. Then cut out all grains. This always clears me up, no problem. Its just not the most practical diet to follow as it seems like you can't eat ALOT of things. I to do it, then after I get clear I slowly start eating the stuff that breaks me out again.

That being said, this diet sounds a lot more practical than your all fluid diet.

Edited by SadinChicago