hello

MemberMember
(@rajnisingh7)

Posted : 02/17/2010 2:33 am

hi all :D ,

m a 22 years old girl and am suffering from acne since last 8 years but my acne problem was really very mild..hardly 1 or 2 in a month ...and it used to go without any mark and without having any pills or topical creams..but all of a sudden i have pimples all over my face and some on my body..earlier i thought as time will pass i will overcome this acne problem but now it been a worst breakout..i had visited to a dermatologist and am breaking out more now ..this is my 3rd month of treatment but now my face looks worst than ever before..i never used to get any acne marks but now i have really bad marks on my face . following is what my derma prescribed me:

during 1st two weeks:

T. Minoz (50) 1-0-1 for 5 days

0-0-1 for 5 days

zinc sulphate tab (200 mg) 0-1-0 for 15 days

cleargel (clindamycin phosphate gel 20 g) 1-1-0 for 15 days

sofradex cream (dexamethasone acetate B.P.0.1% W/W

framycetin sulphate I.P 1.0% ww) 0-0-1 for 15 days

emodel lotion (an alcohol based product)

initially i experienced more breakouts..but i continued the treatment but i was frustrated with the cleargel ( clindamycin phosphate gel) as it made real bad marks where ever i applied it. well, initially i didnt expect any improvement and no improvement actually happened.

2nd week:

T.Avindo 500 (azithromycin Tablets IP) 0-0-1 for 3 days

cleargel (clindamycin phosphate gel 20 g) 1-1-0 for 15 days

Ranbaxy's Medapine Gel (adapalene gel 0.1 % w/w) 0-0-1 after every 2 days for 15 days.

i told my derma about the bad marks which happened after using the clindamycin phosphate gel..but still he priscribed me the same thing. it seems he gets paid to prescribe that gel ;) . anyways, he gave me a different tube this time- adapalene gel 0.1%. i used it and got more breakouts thought that my skin must be adjusting to this and it may take some time to show results and even its written in the leaflet that it may take 3 months to show results. so continued using it. but i started getting cystic pimples also :( . and now i have 9 cystic pimples. i applied clindamycin phosphate gel on my acne but it showed no improvement.

2nd week:

T.Avindo 500 (azithromycin Tablets IP) 0-0-1 for 3 days

Nilac Gel (clindamycin phosphate 0.1% w/w & nicotinamide gel 4.0% 20 g) 1-1-0 for 15 days

Ranbaxy's Medapine Gel (adapalene gel 0.1 % w/w) 0-0-1 after every 2 days for 15 days.

i complained my derma about the cysts that i got after using adapalene gel 0.1%. so, this time he prescribed me nilac gel (clindamycin phosphate 0.1% w/w & nicotinamide gel 4.0% 20 g). this is showing the positive results much faster but am still getting the marks..but the marks are still there which i got after using clindamycin phosphate gel. new cysts and pimples are going without any marks coz of nilac gel.but it does take some time for cysts to disappear .

right now my skin is really feeling dry may b coz of the emodel lotion which i use as a facial cleanser and it was combination before..

now about my diet:

morning : any vegetarian dish with chapati, roti, parthas (indian breads made up of wheat flour)

afternoon: rice usually with vegetable gravy or curry followed by salad.

night: again any vegeraian dish with chapati with salad and any fruit or carrot juice.

and i have atleast 2 ltrs of water during the day.

i have not focused much on diet till now as i think my diet not that bad also. and i anyways dont have dairy products, cold-drinks, and anything else from outside. so i didnt think of altering my diet.

please suggest me if i can do something else to improve my skin condition. till now, i have never tried any beauty products or any topical creams for pimples..i have never ever applied a talcum powder also in my whole life..so i really dont have any idea..what to use and what not to use..

take care !

Rajni.

MemberMember
(@rajnisingh7)

Posted : 03/27/2010 5:31 am

well...am not going to my derma from las 2-3 wks...and guess what? i made a gud decision....!!! 3-4 days back i did some changes in my regimen & included aloe vera gel and tea tree oil ...and am already feeling so great abt my skin...its never been so good in last 5-6 months...

MemberMember
(@vikonacne)

Posted : 01/17/2013 12:12 pm

Hey Rajni...

Thanks for your sharing your acne treatment. Me....tooo going through same phaze. Pls share how is it your skin now...its been 3 years since your last replied. Any new findings......till now that you would like to share....pls pls pls ....share.

Thanks...Vikram