Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holly22

Has anyone here seen MAJOR improvement after scar treatments?

Right now I am exhausting every at home option I have to clear my acne scars..... and holding off on getting procedures done until I've tried everything else. I'm afraid that whenever I do go to a dermatologist and get a procedure done (chemical peel, laser etc) that I'll be let down. I feel like it's almost a scam or something.

Has anyone here seen GREAT improvements with these types of treatments? I don't want to pay a ton of money, to only get minor results.

I was reading about someone who paid like $2,000 for laser treatment, and said they saw "a little improvement". I cannot believe that a frickin laser on your face only gets people "a little" help. You're left with a scary bloody looking face after you get it done, and it heals only to give you minor results? Idk....maybe I'm just thinking too negatively. I want to hear people on here who have had great results on their scars...I sort of need the positive feedback right now.

Edited by holly22

When asking this question, one important thing comes to my mind; people who had major improvement aren't on this forum anymore, after all, people only care about themselves.

When asking this question, one important thing comes to my mind; people who had major improvement aren't on this forum anymore, after all, people only care about themselves.

outch...oh so true tho ! we are a bitter sinister lot arent we ;P

i dont think we are all like that....hopefully :) tho i have a suspicion some of you are...thats right u heard me...grrr.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Not true for everyone! I have my settings set so that I see all new posts to the scars forum as I enjoy reading and responding to other people who are struggling with acne scars!

Anyway, to answer holly22, I have had almost EVERY scar treatment out there, and spent THOUSANDS of dollars over the past 25 yrs!! I am a 45 yo white female who suffered from cystic acne into my 20's, and then I picked at my pimples into my 30's, which created more/different scars! I've had these treatments:

1986- Full face dermabrasion (ouch!)

1997- Full face CO2 laser (ouch!)

1998- (2) two separate Partial dermabrasion on right cheek only (done with hand tool)

1998-2007- MANY peels, microdermabrasions and topical treatments

2009- Full face Fractional CO2

After all of my treatments, I can honestly say the Fractional CO2 gave me the BEST results!! It didn't make my skin *perfect*, but it improved it enough for me that I feel confident and happy again!

I would guess I obtained a 60-70% improvement! I do plan to go back and have at least one more, but I am currently pregnant so I can't do it until May after I have the baby. But my PS told me 2-3 treatments would give me *near perfect* skin!

This treatment was NOT the kind where you have a series of 5-6 over the course of 2 months (Fraxel Restore, etc), this was a VERY aggressive treatment that took 7-10 days to heal. It was different from the full ablation CO2, and healing was much less painful and no oozing. But I was red and swollen for a good week and couldn't go out!

So that is my story! I highly recommend seeking a PS who specializes in laser skin rejuvenation, don't waste your time with one who also does other non-facial procedures.

I paid $2500 for the treatment, and I believe follow on treatments are $2000. Totally worth it for me!!!

Good luck! Feel free to contact me if you have questions!

Lol monkey. Some dirtbag probably does have the cure somewhere, and is just greedy to reveal it.

lol no doubt about that in my mind. ah alas its time to follow the mainsteam and get some of these treatments done.

lovemylife, it sounds like you got the most results with the harshest of the lasers...that makes sense and glad you have 70% improvement so far. lets hope they continue.

how come no one is mentioning the plasma lasers, they seem really cool.

Yea it's quite sad. So many members come and go and we never find out how their results are. I made a promise to myself that if I get major improvement, I will still continue to post on this board to help others. It's selfish to keep it all to yourself. I know how it feels to suffer from acne scarring; nobody should have to go through it. It takes a huge toll on your psychological well-being.

I'm done with my laser treatments but I still post here. I also registered on a suicide forum to try to help people. :)

Anyway, I've had GREAT results from lasers. I had them in order to take away hyperpigmentation and it did exactly what I hoped for and more. So yeah, there are actually people who get good results.

Keep your chin up!