Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stacy

How to make a pimple go away faster?

:o I got this huge red pimple. I want it to dry out and fall off as fast as possible. Can I put something on it or do something to it to speed up the process? Please give some suggestions. :D

I've read on this board that toothpaste has worked. I've never used it myself, but apparently if you use plain paste overnight it should dry it up.

Fall off? haha I wish :o

Ummm...I havnt tried toothpaste nor Queen Helenes so I wouldnt know..Ive just learned that when I leave it alone without putting anything on it, it goes away faster. Cuz when I put stuff on it, it scars more...Dunno, maybe its just me

if you want it to go away quick put a whole glob of 1% cortizone creme on it and let it sit that will bring it to a head quickly. Within the day or overnight. Also it will help relieve the pain from it. Unforntley their is no faster way of bringing it to a head then cortizone creme. Unless of course you go to a doctor and have them inject it with even stronger cortizone. As a word of caution do not use cortizone as a acne prevention regiment. Cortizone creme should be strictly used for really bad cyst or pimples.

go to your local neighborhood walmart. And pick up a tube called equate 1% hydrocortizone creme. You can pick up a name brand of it. But the walmart equate brand is just as good and allot cheaper. Hydrocortizone creme is the only thing and i mean the only thing that will get rid of a pimple or a cyst instantly without having to go to a doctor and having them inject cortizone in it. Hydrocortizone creme will bring that pimple or cyst to a head within the day or the next day. Depends on how badly inflamed it is. At the most it will only take a full day for it to come up to a head. Infact you will be amazed the cortizone will cause the cyst to shrink so much that it will actually pop the head on its own. Sometimes it doesnt alway do this sometimes i have to help it allong and prick the whitehead and drain it. But normally the cyst will shrink so fast you will see it come to a head and you will see it literally pop on its own. Just remember dont use the creme as a way to prevent acne. Just use it on existing acne spots.

Cortizone cream or Hydrocortisone 1 % is an anti-itch cream that is meant to temporarily relieve skin irritations, rashes, mosquito bites, etc. I tried it the other night for the first time on this huge zit/cyst on my chin and the next morning it had come to a head. I don't know if this was coincidental or what, but when I put the cream on the night before, it seemed to be nowhere near it's "whitehead state".

You can buy hydrocortisone cream at any drug store, K-mar, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I bought the generic brand.

Thanx so much guys...I didnt know you could pop the head of a cystic pimple even if it had one...I always let it just sit there...dang whatta waste of time. Anyways thanx Ill be getting some of this creme soon 8)

Btw do I put it on before I go to bed or just put it on during the day? :oops:

my doctor said prescription cortizone and hydrocortizone are both major inflammation reducers and in contents their just about the same thing. Inflammation is what drives a pimple and cyst to get bigger and bigger. When you reduce inflammation. You are literally knocking the feet off the cyst and pimple. It just general common sense. you get a bug bite what happens it swells inflammation occurs. You put hydrocortizone on it the itch goes away and the swelling is reduced. The same goes for a pimple. it might take 2 days for the cortizone creme to bring it to a head it just depends on how bad the inflammation is. Figure this for people who still dont beleive me. Would you rather have that cyst come to a head in 2 days or 4 weeks. I think most people would say i will try the cortizone creme. bobo you can put it on when ever. Hydrocortizone it really works folks. But like i state dont use it as a acne prevention regiment.

Does poping its head leaves a scar tho? can we just leave it on and let it dry and fall off? i really dont want anymore scarring.

I've used betametasone, a "daughter" of hidrocortisone, twice on bad pimples. I have two HOLES to prove it! DOn't use this kind of drugs unless they are prescribed!

use Queen helene mint julep masque and place it thickly on spots 30 minutes before you sleep. Leave it on overnight, and in the morning either it will have a whitehead or be....GONE! :D

hey - i was prescribed betamethasone for my eczema so i know that it is one of the strongest, if not the strongest cortisone creams around, so you should NEVER put that stuff on your face unless your doctor tells you to. they don't even prescribe it to elderly people because it is too harsh for their skin. serious stuff.

but i'm interested in trying regular hydrocortisone for swelling in cysts and pimples, i've never heard of that before, and those are the kinds of acne that really piss me off. cuz you can never predict how long they're going to be there, and my skin tends to get really red and irritated even inches around the cyst and it just looks like crap.

i was told by a friend of mines that if you place some eye drops on a pimple it'll reduce the blood cells thus leaving the pimple less visable. I never tried this myself but if anyone has please let us know if it really works.

Hi.. I was perscribed something called "cortate" (1% concentration) for eczema that I get on my neck and sometimes hands.. I was wondering if this is the same stuff as the hydrocortizone and cortizone creams??

Thx!!

~Melissa~

bfg9000d - do you put the creme on by itself or over the BP?

hey stacy

u should try Polysporin triple with added vitamin E formula

dab a little bit on the zit, and in a couple of hours, the zit comes to a head and then then u can gently push the puss out

u should try it!! it works really well man!! i've never seen anything like it

its not like benzyl peroxide and those products that seeks to burn your skin.

this works really good