Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YoshWakalaka

Simple question. Any good alcohol free toners

I use rosewater (Rose Hydrosol) as a toner. It's said to have regenerative properties and to help with acne, scaring, and evening skin tone. It's also very gentle and is great for all skin types. :)

I use rosewater (Rose Hydrosol) as a toner. It's said to have regenerative properties and to help with acne, scaring, and evening skin tone. It's also very gentle and is great for all skin types. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I find toners like that?

Everywhere I look, I can only find SA toners with alcohol in it. :think:

I order mine online but you may be able to find it at Whole Foods or other health stores.

Well from your experience, does a toner help calm down your acne?

Some people out there keep saying how toners aren't needed in a persons skin regimen, and that it doesn't help at all.

I wish more people would reply to this. I keep hearing so many different stories. One person says you need it, the other says no... :doh:

I've used regimens with toners (Proactiv, Acne Free) and regimens without toners. Honestly, I didn't see any difference. I think the best "toner" is just water. Clean, warm water. I usually do my acne regimen before I shower and thus, give my face a very thorough rinse after my regimen.

Toners are optional. As BombCenter said, with many toners you will not see a difference. For example, every name brand toner has done nothing for my skin, except dry it out. Using a good toner, however, can certainly make a difference, though if you are looking for a more extreme change you're best sticking with serums. I use rosewater because it hydrates and calms my skin and helps even the tone, and I am careful to let it fully absorb before applying moisturizer. I think the best toner is a plain hydrosol or a hydrosol mixed with carrier/essential oils. Be sure your ingredients are of good quality, though.

What is a hydrosol?

Hydrosols, also known as floral waters, hydroflorates, flower waters or distillates are produced from steam-distilling plant materials. Hydrosols have similar properties to essential oils but are much less concentrated. Unlike their "essential oil added to water" counterparts, true steam-distilled hydrosols contain all the beneficial components that whole plant materials have to offer.