Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sydneyrocks18

Zenmed Scar Treatment

I have heard that Zenmed Scar Treatment is really good and that it work well on scars. My question is does it work on black people? How long does it take for it to work on your face? Is it permanent? And Please tell me about your success using Zenmed Scar Treatment

please clarify what you mean by scars. this is a topical you are considering.

when you say scars do you mean actual indents in your skin, or are you talking about hyperpigmentation of where your acne use to be. In black skin, once acne goes away it tends to leave a dark spot. this is not a scar, if it is not an indent. This is a temporary pigment problem.

If you have indents, topicals wont do anything.

If you have pigment issues, its probably best for you to save your money on whatever zenmed is. Give your skin time time time time, and instead get an alpha hydroxy or glycolic acid face wash. Try applying alpha hydroxy cream at nights to the dark spots. you can buy this online I think its alphahydroxy.com but not sure. You can also use exfoilating products and at home microdermabrasion kits to speed up the process. It will take months though. I think IPL treatments might be safe on black skin, and this usually helps with brown pigment problems.

In terms of using skin bleaching cream, hydroquinone, I would say stay away. I read online that in black people, hydroquinone can actually make you darker sometimes. I read this online, so I have no clue how accurate that statement is.

If you have true indents, then no this cream won't work. Read the forum for procedures that are available for someone of your skin type. I know your concern is your skin color, rest assured under the right doctors hands, there are many safe and practical options for you.

please clarify what you mean by scars. this is a topical you are considering.

when you say scars do you mean actual indents in your skin, or are you talking about hyperpigmentation of where your acne use to be. In black skin, once acne goes away it tends to leave a dark spot. this is not a scar, if it is not an indent. This is a temporary pigment problem.

If you have indents, topicals wont do anything.

If you have pigment issues, its probably best for you to save your money on whatever zenmed is. Give your skin time time time time, and instead get an alpha hydroxy or glycolic acid face wash. Try applying alpha hydroxy cream at nights to the dark spots. you can buy this online I think its alphahydroxy.com but not sure. You can also use exfoilating products and at home microdermabrasion kits to speed up the process. It will take months though. I think IPL treatments might be safe on black skin, and this usually helps with brown pigment problems.

In terms of using skin bleaching cream, hydroquinone, I would say stay away. I read online that in black people, hydroquinone can actually make you darker sometimes. I read this online, so I have no clue how accurate that statement is.

If you have true indents, then no this cream won't work. Read the forum for procedures that are available for someone of your skin type. I know your concern is your skin color, rest assured under the right doctors hands, there are many safe and practical options for you.

I have acne scars from popping my pimples and now they have left scars

I know you asked if that zenmed stuff will work on black skin. Obviously topicals don't work or we wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars on procedures.

So ok gotcha, you got actual scars...well lets think of some safe options for you, that are not really pigment dependent on fitzpatrick type 6, which is probably what you are.

here it is for your reference:

http://www.syneron.com/fitzpatrick-skin-ty...mp;print_page=1

So options for you that i know of, there prolly is more that a doctor knows of, but this is what I know... include the following.

Subcision is fantastic, and I believe safe to use on you.

eMatrix looks very promising, look up their website, made my syneron. Great results on any skin color. However, this is a new device, the pics on the website have great results, but we really wont know until we get feedback on this site. If it doesn't have the dangers of thermage, then i'm even willing to try it. Look it up! Supposedly each treatment is more affordable than lasers.

You would be a great canidate for fillers.

You might even be able to get away with fractional erbium such as the Pro Fractional device made by sciton. This is just a guess, i'm not sure for certain how high on the fitz scale it can treat. Deffinately worth looking into. Also check out Alma Lasers Harmony Pixel ERBIUM, not the co2. I have a gut feeling pixel erbium at safe settings would help you after several treatments.

Also there is no reason you cant have a TCA peel with adequate pre-planning with hydroquinone. I did tell you earlier that hydroquinone may make you darker, however if you are under a doctors care, he can gage if the hydroquinone is working on you or not. Preparing your skin in advance with hydroquinone/tretinoin/steroid mixture, will make you a great canidate for peels. Again you need to go to a top expert who has experience in darker skin.

There are also IR devices that heat your skin from the bottom up, you might be a canidate for this also. They now have fractionalIR. Also fractional RF which is what ematrix is.

I don't know if needle rolling works, I'm still trying to figure this out by doing my own rolls. However, you might want to try this out. I would suggest you inform your doctor that you plan to home roll, so that you can prepare your skin with the above mixture. Also fitz type 6 is prone to Keloid formation. So I would suggest you roll in a test spot, to see how your skin reacts.

I also don't see why a skilled doctor could not perform a very very very very superficial dermabrasion or dermasanding. I'm talking just slightly stronger than a microdermabrasion. This might improve some of the jagged borders of your scars. You can possibly request this light light light light dermabrasion be done in sessions. Multiple session just enough to achieve improvements safely, but spaced apart, which may ultimately give you the result of 1 deep dermabrasion, but nothing too deep done at once to cause problems. Plus you don't want deep dermabrasion done anyway, its a hassle. Approach a doctor with this idea.

Stay away from TCA-Cross. I'm going to get people on here screaming at me for saying this, but fitz type 6 will deffinately form a keloid with tca-cross. Please visit that above link. It provides you a detailed fitz scale and your risks.

I personally would start with subcision, after multiple sessions, you might be so satisfied you wont need anything else. Plus I don't see why this isn't safe for all fitz types.

It's clear there are tons of options here for you, do some research, find a good doctor, and you will be on your way to improvement

Edited by sanjoseskin