Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgitspres

difference in honey?

so after reading about all the super effects of honey ive decided to start rubbing it on my face. ive been doing this for a day now but im wondering if im using the right type of honey. mine is called "Barkman's Busy Bee Clover Honey" is this an organic raw type? i read that using raw is better but where can i find this? i also read that manuka honey is good but where can i find it? thanks.

Guest Scorpioness

I would do a google on manuka honey and buy it online. If it has a UMF rating of at least 10 (preferably 18), it has very strong antibacterial and healing properties. It works great, IMO.

I second the recommendations for manuka honey - it is fantastic stuff. Frances' recommendation for the manuka oil and honey gel from living nature is also great - that product is excellent at preventing and healing spots and minimising scarring from open wounds. It is one of my all time favourite products, and I am a product junkie! wink.gif

Manuka honey is also great for consuming - it can help to kill off some of the bacteria that can aggravate acne.

I get honey from www.comvita.com -I use the pure manuka honey of UMF 18+ as as a healing face mask. I doubt it will help with serious scarring, but it can definitely help your overall skin health and condition.

smile.gif

Sorry if this reply is too late for you, but if that honey has a UMF of 20+ then it sounds fantastic - that's the highest UMF you can get I think (UMF refers to the level of antibacterial activity in the honey). I use UMF 18+ and it's great, so I imagine UMF 20 would be even better.

If you decide to order some let us know how you get on!

Sorry if this reply is too late for you, but if that honey has a UMF of 20+ then it sounds fantastic - that's the highest UMF you can get I think (UMF refers to the level of antibacterial activity in the honey). I use UMF 18+ and it's great, so I imagine UMF 20 would be even better.

If you decide to order some let us know how you get on!