Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jerichoa

The Best Approach for Daily Makeup: What do you think?

I really prefer it when women wear little to no makeup, unless it's nighttime or a special occasion. I like to wear as little makeup as possible--Usually powder foundation and a sheer blush with a thin layer of eyeliner on my top eyelid. However, I have the tendency to go overboard with my makeup on days when I feel that my skin is especially bad in order to "compensate" and draw attention away from my bad skin. In retrospect, though, I think this probably draws more attention to the fact that I am uncomfortable.

So, what do you think is better for girls like us? Is it universal that less is more? Does more makeup accentuate what we're trying to cover? Which is more attractive and appealing?

In general, I would say less is more.

But I have to qualify that. If you need a lot of foundation to cover what you are uncomfortable with, go ahead. It's only when it looks obviously caked on that it's a problem. At the height of my skin problems, many people didn't realize I had bad skin because I'd learned over the years how to apply foundation with maximum coverage but minimal caking on.

I'm partial to eye makeup, but I do think some people overdo it on a daily basis. My daily routine now is lip balm and a little black eyeliner, but that's because I'm pretty much clear from Accutane. Before that, I'd wear foundation and blush as well. But I never made it noticeable. Just enough to look natural.

But the bottom line is, do what makes you happy. If you're happy, that's what other people will see, not your 3 pounds of mascara. :)

I used to wear a ton of makeup to hide my skin....didn't work very well. So I agree!

I always go for the simple/natural look now. I use green cream and powder to hide any of my red marks and then I go over that with a normal foundation. I just like using small brushes to paint it on rather than my fingers so it won't look too thick. After that I just set it with a clear powder. It never looks caked on anymore. Thank god!

Other than that I just do a light sweep of eyeliner to give my eyes a slight daytime "cat eye" look and then a bit of simple mascara.

Putting on a ton of eyeshadow and lipstick will only make it look like you're trying too hard to distract attention away from your acne. At least that's the way it seems!

I don't wear much anymore either! Granted, I haven't needed much lately anyway, but I've also learned you CAN have too much, especially if you have bad skin and you cake it on. :(

I agree with what Mercyunbound said about excessive eye makeup. I think, in general, the less makeup one has on, the more natural the person looks (which people associate with being comfortable), and thus, said person is more approachable. :P

There's definitely a way to wear foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick in a natural way too. I think that's important. I prefer the natural look to the clown look.... But maybe I'm just lazy! :D

i use concealer, some foundation from target (works awesomeeely), looks nautrall

with my eye makeup im a little more dramatic, because im hoping to set up a makeup channel on youtube when my acne scars fade :)

but for school i either use neutral browns or light purples :D

When my skin is good all i wear is concealer, translucent powder and mascara, maybe blush if i feel like it. but when it gets bad i wear primer, liquid foundation, powder, bronzer and blush in an attempt to hide it all, then i feel like im wearing so much on my face that i need more on my eyes to make it look like i meant to go for a more "done up" look that day, so its not obvious that i loaded up my face to hide stuff and did nothing on my eyes...if that makes sense

I wear concelear, pressed powder, mascara, lip gloss and sometimes blush and eyeshadow (rarely or if im going out at night to a party or drinking). But what I have noticed is when I wear makeup and people notice, im told I dont need the makeup. So I kinda feel not so pretty wearing more makeup.

More people I know prefer natural look rather than all the makeup. Eyeshadow looks amazing on women I think. All the different colors and designs. I also think wearing more makeup to cover the flaws tend to make them more noticeable rather than wearing nothing and letting it be put out there.

I love natural women or girls that wear little makeup. I find them more beautiful all natural rather than all did up. All women are beautiful.

Natural = definitely better. I hate it when chicks get that "tarantula leg" look when they put on too much mascara. Attractive.

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

Concealer, powder, and doing my brows is a must for me. I've gotten very good at filling and smoothing my brows, and I've noticed that even with bad skin, a nice set of brows can pull a lot of attention away from it!

During the day if I'm just going out running errands or going to work, I brush on some foundation to even out my skin tone and some bronzer to give it some color. It's pretty much impossible to really cover up a pimple if there's a bump. People can tell there's a bump. If you cake it on, the bump looks dry and larger. I just try to cover the redness. I also have tiny eyelashes so i put on some mascara so I don't look dead, and some simple lip gloss.

Less is definitely more. At least, for me anyway. Makeup doesn't really agree with my skin not just because my skin's VERY acne-prone (which it is ^^;; or I won't be on this board!), but also because it's so oily, yet somehow flaky when the weather gets very dry, plus the fact that I hate the feel of makeup on my face. The most I can handle is full-face foundation, concealer, blush, lipcolour, and minimal eyemakeup.

Most days however, I just use concealer and perhaps a bit of powder. Whenever I can, I try to go without makeup at all. It's liberating, honestly. I only wish I can be free of makeup ALL THE TIME and look as good as people with perfectly clear skin.

I agree on the "less is more" thing. I don't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis, either. My makeup routine consists of concealer under my eyes and any other problem areas, foundation, and blush. Sometimes I add mascara and lip gloss in to the mix, and if I'm wanting to dress up, I'll put on lipstick. I'm not a very big eye makeup fan; eyeliner tends to make my eyes look smaller and while I like mascara I can't wear it daily because it tends to smudge (and non-smudge makes my lashes thinner with regular use). I also don't like how fake eye makeup tends to make me look. On some people it looks wonderful but on me it just looks overdone. It's like my features are too heavy for it or something. Anyways, I prefer the natural look - makeup is meant to enhance natural beauty anyways, not cover it up.

I absolutely love mineral makeup. It doesn't bother my skin in the slightest, lasts all day, doesn't require much application, and feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.