Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris M

Should I hang up the AHA+ for good?

:redface: Ok so after going through several episodes of redness, stinging, soreness, tenderness, and overall hell with my face through the past 5 weeks, I have gotten clear! My face all last week and this weekend has been the best it has been in a long time! :surprised:

Until last night...... I got home from work and cleansed as usual, I applied my normal amount of BP, and waited about 15-20 minutes! Instead of my moisturizer though, I figured why not try some AHA?! Now mind you, I have used AHA+ before as my moisturizer 4 times since beginning the regimen and only one time did I have a not so nice reaction to it. So I figured there would be no problem.

To my amazement, the bottom portion of my face began to burn so bad that I had to wash it off! :redface: I did the regimen as normal this morning but my face still stings really bad from the AHA last night. This did happen once before but not to the same extent! And as I said, 3 other times I was perfectly fine... ironically the AHA felt great those times! But anyways, since I have been doing fine without the AHA, my question is... do I really need to risk the crap shoot of possibly torching myself every time I want to try AHA or should I just pack it up and use my normal moisturizer?

Any Advice? Thanks!

What the hell do you think? Obviously if it's burning you to the point of hurting, don't use it.

ok so, i'm aware of that fact, thanks! but I have used it before with great results. I'm just looking for reasons why it might have been so harsh this time. I really like it when it works, it completely eliminates flakes, and makes my face look very nice, but I don't know what i'm doing wrong to make it burn like it did last night! Just looking for some suggestions!

AHA is a back and forth one for me too! For me the results have varied, sometimes it works great other times it seem to make my skin "purge" resulting in tiny white heads. I think it might be best to just lay off of it for now, stay on the regimen a bit longer and then give it another try. Maybe your skin will not be so sensitive after a few more months of the regimen.

wow interesting ive been using aha for about 3 to 4 weeks now and i love it.. it moisturizes gets rid of flakes and has improved my overall skin tone....The only burning i ever feel would normaly just occur under my bottom neck area or if i apply it after shaving as an after shave.....