Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inuk

Cortisone shot and hypopigmentation (LOSS of color)

I have this persistent nodule that was injected about two weeks ago.

There is a slight patch of lightnend skin near the injection site (its hard to tell if it was directly on it).

Has anyone had this problem? Did it go away?

There is a slight patch of lightnend skin near the injection site (its hard to tell if it was directly on it).

hey i have a nodule or cyst i believe that had been sticking around forever.. i tried popping it and made it worse (before i knew about the harms of trying to pop and educated my self on acne) now it has a slight bump and is just dark all around.. im curious... if i got this cortisone shot and it made the skin lighter i would be delighted lol... is the cortisone shot expensive?

hey i have a nodule or cyst i believe that had been sticking around forever.. i tried popping it and made it worse (before i knew about the harms of trying to pop and educated my self on acne) now it has a slight bump and is just dark all around.. im curious... if i got this cortisone shot and it made the skin lighter i would be delighted lol... is the cortisone shot expensive?

I live in Canada so it was free. I don't know what it would cost in the US.

I wouldn't really recommend it on something that is not new and highly inflamed. the cure was worse than the ailment in this instance.

Hi Inuk - I recently am experiencing the same side effect from a cortisone shot that I had last month. I have a shallow dent where the cortisone was injected as well as hypopigmentation in the surrounding the area. I was assured that this was temporary, but none the less, that assurance has not calmed my concern!

As it has been a few months since you posted your initial question, I was wondering if you had experienced an improvement in your situation - has your skin repigmented.