Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lil_charmed_qt12

Good Eyebrow Pencils that Dont Smudge

I'm not sure if it's possible for an eyebrow pencil to not smudge. I've never had any luck with them. They've always looked too obvious for me. I like the powders a lot better. They fill them in just as good as a pencil and it doesn't smudge.

That is definately one of my pet peeves. I prefer powder as well, I just use a matching shade (or lighter even) of eyeshadow. The brush you use is the secret. I have one that is small enough and stiff.

i prefer pencil.. and i gotta say the best pencils are from revlon , l'oreal or the marcel.. i swear they stay on forever.

I would think the powder eye liners would smudge more... And as long as you dont touch your eyes... why would any smudge? I prefer pencils.

ah I see, that stinks. are the powders still able to be thin lines and look good? I didnt even know there were powder eyeliners.

alright girls, if you have eyebrows, but if they are really LIGHT (like me), you can use WATERPROOF MASCARA. Use it like you would with ur lashes, it will darken ur eyebrows, AND looks EXTREMELY natural. Afterwards i use a clear eyebrow gel brush to get that natural curve.

and trust me, i have oily skin too. i used to use eyebrow pencils and yes they DO rub off at the end of the day. mascaras will not, (only if u have eyebrow HAIR) b/c its not touching the skin.

I use powder too (with a pointed smudge brush). I find powder to be alot easier to apply than eye pencils. I use my eyeshadow, which is currently avon.

Maybelline the one that is red colored pencil is great and not pricey. Covergirl is good too. If your pencils are too soft don't put the cap on so it will dry alittle and it will be more smudge proof. eusa_dance.gif

I use Brow Zing by Benefit. I really like it. I, too, have extremly oily skin and it seems to last for a long time.

It is a cream. It comes with a little brush but I recommend that you buy another one as that one does not work too great.

Take care ladies.

LMAO Nodoubt!! That's hilarious! lol.gif

I recently bought Maybelline Brush on Color in light brown cuz of all the reviews on MUA.. I really like it lots folks! It's also really cheap($4.50) so it's worth trying...

I never used to use eyebrow pencils or powders because I always hated how fake they looked. However, after a recent trip to Sephora, my friend Miranda got me to try a product from Smashbox called Brow Tech, and now I am completely HOOKED.

It comes in two forms: one version has a color powder on one side with a wax sealant on the other; and the other version has just the clear toned wax in it with no powder. Using a small brush, you first apply a small amount of the wax to form your brows into shape, then go back over with a small amount of the colored powder to help fill in the areas that look a little sparse.

Now, I admit I don't have very oily skin on my forhead, but I will say that so far, I have not once had any smearing, mess, or other type of hassle from this product. (I even tested it's wearability once by rubbing vigorously at my eyebrows to see if it would come off or smear like crazy. It didn't even budge.)

So even with the $20 price range, I still always recommend it to people. It is a definate "must have" in my makeup kit, and you can check out other people's reviews of it on MUA:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....Smashbox/Brows/

Good luck! And I hope that helps! smile.gif

Brow Tech sounds like a Great product...and well worth the money...

i do have oily skin...but, I do believe I am going to give it a try..!!!

Thank You...Mr. Bones!

Does it come in Bright Blue...? eek.gif

Guest *Clara

I found this and it looks like it must work. It's suppose to make any brow pencilled eyebrows last 12 hours without smudging and it water proof eusa_clap.gif . Click here.

smile.gif

Definitely brush the brow after using the pencil, then follow up with a powder to help set it.

Any hard pencil will work...usually the cheaper, the harder the pencil!

I use the eyebrow powder and eyebrow stencils made by Eyebrowz. I order it directly from their website...don't think you can buy it any other way (correct me if anyone knows differently.)

I LOVE the stencils...they take some practice and getting used to, but once you have the technique mastered, it really makes a huge difference. You can pick any celebrity style you want. I use the Pamela Anderson stencils, since I like the ultra-thin, uber-manicured look. I get so many compliments on my brows - people always ask me how I get them to look "so perfect". It's cool as heck and I swear by these things...never leave the house without foundation and my eyebrowz on, as a minimum requirement.

Oh...and I do have combo skin which can get VERY oily at times. The eyebrows stay on all day (as long as you don't "rub" the area.) I use oil blotter sheets right over my eyebrows throughout the day when they get oily and the powder stays intact...no problem. Here is their site, if you are interested in learning more.

Eyebrowz

Saddest Story Ever, well kinda funny now....

The day of my grade 12 prom my mom had made me an appointment to get my nails and eyebrows done. I had always done my own brows, and I liked their shape, and i figured the brow-lady would just use that shape. WRONG! After like half an hour laying on a table under an intense light with her plucking at my face I was left with 2 pencil thin eyebrows. After some crying my mom took me to the mall where I bought every pencil imaginable.

After trial and error i have found that the cheapest: Bonne bell is also the best. For the night of the prom (and the following month until they grew back) I lightly etched in my brows with that pencil, and then set them with a little bit of loose powder, I actually got some complements on them....hope that helps