Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LeslieTM

Dying hair

Hello All :)

Ive been dying my hair for years and ive done it all. Ive been Blonde, red, black, and brown, even all those at the same time (bad idea but helped out a Cosmetology girl). All different shades. I always loved red and it compliments me so well. I'm thinking to go for it and do it a full on dark red. Problem is, as for anyone who knows that has dyed their hair red, it bleeds. I now use the L'Oreal Preference Mega colors.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to not make the dye bleed so much? I use a color care shampoo and conditioner. Ive been told not to wash my hair but I have to wash it everyday since I go out everyday either to work or running errands or just going out and about.

cosmetics and style? :crazy2: lol no idea, I never use anything for my died hair :/

Sounds like you need a different brand of colour. I'm guessing you're doing colour sections/chunks/strips rather than the whole lot? Obviously colour bleeding wouldn't notice if the whole of your hair is coloured to the same shade.. Unless you're talking about the colour fading? In which case, that's unfortunately just red tones generally. They always fade quickly.

Garnier Nutrisse has a fabulous red that lasted with true color through each time I recolored.

I can completely recommend Garnier! The color I used was a bright Auburn. The conditioner that comes with the color is nice as well.

L'Oreal reds didn't last for me, even with the use of red tinted shampoo and conditioner. I also used a color glaze (apply during shower, rinse off) every week to keep the color refreshed.

Good luck with the color change!

Instead of washing your hair everyday, try a dry shampoo maybe every other day. I don't know a lot about them , but they are highly praised in websites and magazines.

Im doing my whole hair. I dont like chunks or anything. Ive used Garnier Nutrisse for a year back in high school lol.

The dry shampoo is a good idea. Thanks

2nd the dry shampoo recommendation. I really like Batiste dry shampoo. It works really well and is less pricey than some of the other products on the market.

I also have to wash my hair pretty much daily. One other thing that works for me is to do a full wash every other day and just wash my scalp the other days. It gets the oil off but doesn't strip the hair as much.

Im doing my whole hair. I dont like chunks or anything. Ive used Garnier Nutrisse for a year back in high school lol.

The dry shampoo is a good idea. Thanks

Okay, the reason i assumed that was becuase you used the term ''Bleed''. In my experience the term bled/bleed/bleeding normally refers to the colour seeping or leaking from the intended area/foil package and colouring surrounding hair.

If you mean the colour is fading fast, there's not a great deal you can do besides topping it up. Washing it every day with harsh shampoo is not going to help though.

Regards dry shampoo, Batiste is pretty good. Don't use it every day though as it can cause build up just like a styling product.