Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Weight Gain related to ACNE?

When i started having skin problems, 6 years ago, i was starting to gain a lot of weight 30pounds to be exact. ever since, my hormones i guess have been out of wack. could the weight gain be related to my acne? if i lose the weight, will my skin be perfect again? i know that this isn't the case for everyone...but i'm so desparate to know why this is happening.......could it be?

i've always been very thin BUT you should get your hormones checked because if your acne coincided with weight gain you could have underlying hormonal issues that are the cause. soy messed with my hormones when i went veggie, i was still thin but it aggravated my acne so badly i had to go on accutane. i haven't had significant acne since then and i avoid soy like the plague.

do get checked out at your primary doc/or endocrinologist

that's really interesting that you should say that because i think soy may actually be doing something to my skin. i'm a vegetarian too....and have perhaps been overdosing on soy. i'm cutting it out of my diet to see what's going to happen. when will this all end ????

H*ly Shit!!!!

When did you become vegetarian, was it six years ago. I swear, trust me, STOP THE SOY before you go see the doc, because you could be put on meds get a skewed result, etc....And switch back to getting your proyein from meat okay> seriously. I don't mean to sound all hysterical but soy messed me up and I know first hand. Again, get rid of the soy. i was eating it almost everyday as tofu and it royally screwed me up. Docs DENIED the connection but my bosy fell apart and stupidass me didn't make the connection until stuff was posted on the web. Trust me, you DONT NEED soy to be healthy.