Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
etfoo2009

proactiv with regimen

so i have been using proactiv for a while but i wanted to try it with the regimen. can proactiv be supplemented for the bp in the regimen or would i need to buy something else?

From the FAQs:

Q: What do you think of Proactiv? And where can I find other Proactiv Solution Reviews?

A: Proactiv is on the right track, but some major flaws seem to prevent it from delivering on its promises to many people. In my opinion, the cleanser they include is overly irritating. Furthermore, they tell you to wash for one to two minutes which adds to the irritation. The benzoyl peroxide they provide is 2.5% which is a good call. However, they recommend a "thin layer". For dramatic clearing, one needs to use a generous amount of benzoyl peroxide after a few weeks of slowly ramping up the dosage. When you do use a generous amount of Proactiv's benzoyl peroxide lotion, its scent will tend to nauseate.

It will prove cheaper and far more beneficial to buy an over-the-counter gentle cleanser, an unscented 2.5% benzoyl peroxide medication, and an oil-free moisturizer. However, if you currently own Proactiv Solution products, don't throw out the benzoyl peroxide lotion. If you can handle the smell, it should work fine, as long as you use it within the Acne.org Regimen and are generous with it. I would not recommend using their cleanser. The toner they include is probably fine to use, but is unnecessary.