Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobo

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (Awsome!)

Hey guys...Ive listened to some ppl here and went and purchased this Queen Helenes mask ( green bottle ) to try. Ive dont it 3 times so far and it is great! It dries out acne and even makes my skin so smooth after using it. I read some reports from some ppl on the net saying that this product isnt good for ppl with sensative skin. But I think I do and it dont aggravate it at all! When you put it on you leave it on for 15 mins...It tightens up with a minty sensation. I havnt yet used it for spot treatment, but Im sure it works as everyone said it would hopefully...Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know about this product and for the others who use it to come in and talk some knowledge and experience :o

Mmmmm I would say use it 2wice the most a week...Although I would do it 1nce....Yeah cheap! Big bottle for only 6.95 thats dang good! 8)

so it doesn't make you break out?

I'd like to try this - where would I find it? Do they carry it at normal pharmacies, or would I have to order on-line?

6.95?!?!? You got RIPPED OFF!!!!!! lol...

Still cheap, I bougth mine for 2.99, Buy one get one free!

It is avaliable at many pharmacies and stores. It's been spotted at Walgreens and Eckerds. Its also (but a bit harder to find) at Wal-mart, Target, and CVS. This is in the US. If you are out of the US, you will probably have to order online.

Hey Hamas...Thats becuz I bought it off the net with shipping :o But yeah I didnt know it was in the normal stores til later...

calla I would recommend you try it, everything is worth trying once I guess :roll:

I've used this product many times. It works very good, but if you use it too much, it irritates your face. Probably twice a week is good. I've used it for years mostly because it is really cheap and easy to find at most drug stores.

About using it with retin a I have no clue..U need to wait for someone with knowledge on retin a to answer that.. But as for clearing up blemishes, I dont think it does...As a matter of fact, this stuff seems to make the blemishes stand out after I get done using it. But thats only for like 2 mins hehe...

It will probably be WAY too harsh if you use it in conjunction with Retin-A Micro. I dunno, but it faded my red marks a little, I guess it exfoliated it out :D.

yeah it doesn't clear up blemishes on the spot but that's not the intent of it I don't think. it does noticably dry them out like it says it does, which for me is nice. when they're dry they cease to be painful and that's cool.

Ok... well I just bought a tube. It was so cheap! and smells great. Thanks for suggesting it, I'll post on the results.

:D

I'm not sure if you can get it in Canada... but if you can't find it in a drugstore chain then try an online pharmacy. The stuff is great! It smells so good and dried up my pimples.

Hi, I have to jump in here and say I used this when I was a teenager (I'm 28 now) and now remember how great it really works since I've just purchased it again! I can't believe it's still less that $3 at Walmart. It works well as a spot treatment and helped to smooth out all the little bumps on my face that I used to be tempted to pick at. It makes me almost excited to get up in the morning. It smells pretty good and doesn't irritate my skin so I would definitely recommend people to try this. I am only going to use this as a mask 2 or 3 times a week, though.

How are all the other Queen Helene products such as:

Queen Helene Egg Yolk Masque

" " Grape Seed Extract Masque

" " Mud Pack Masque

Also for those of you using Dan's regimen, when do you put this on? After washing and right before using the BP or what?

The grape seed extract masque is OK, not really noticeable difference. It's reallyyyyyyyyyyy sticky, but once you peel it off you feel really smooth! Tape is just as effective methinks.

I think all of the Queen Helene probucts are really good. I have the mint julep mask, egg yolk mask, honey mask, mint julep facial scrub stuff and they each only cost 2 dollars and something. 8)

Hummer, you can find it in any local store which has face washes and all that type of stuff..go look man! :)

Hey, what are all the other queen helene products and what they do?? like the grape? the egg? and others?

This is my first time here. I am 29 and have had "adult" acne since I was 23 (I like to blame it on Law School) Anyway, I started thinking about what I am doing differently now then I was 7-8 years ago when my skin was immaculate (not even kidding, I'd get constant compliments, boy do I miss THOSE days) My regime back then, if you can believe this was noxema face wash, rubbing alcohol and occasionally Queen Helen Mint Julep. Only last night I was thinking about that stuff and thought I should give it another try and then I read this message board!! Right now I use a 20% Glycolic acid face wash, 20% Glycolic acid face lotion, Renta A micro, Clerosin, Monodox (I think) and some spot treatments. All from the Derm. I also have Mario Badesco drying lotion. I am also on Ortho-Tri_cycline for about one month. I take vitamins, A Zinc etc and to tell you the truth I have really not seen any improvement. What am I doing wrong.? :)

Moxie, maybe TOO much stuff? Simplify it...also if you think Law School is to blame: try getting more sleep, always works for me.