Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Samantha0193

I used it for about 5 months with little results, while the cleanser and lotion was very light feeling and did make me feel clean, it didnt really clear up my acne. the only benefit really is that if the regimen you were on before doesnt really work in your favor you can re take that skin test to determine what might work better for you. i called in to cancel and the lady offered to send me out different products to try for free....i declined but if you try and cancel they try to keep you with free things.

A little background about me: I have had acne for years - since high school and now I am three years out of college. As you can imagine, I have used multiple products for treatment, including 1 and ½ rounds of Accutane (I had to stop the second round due to side-effects).

I have used Skin ID for a little over a year. I think the products are effective. Typically, when starting a new regimen you break-out more at first before the treatment works – and in some cases the treatment never “works.†I did not have this experience with these products. As Samantha0193 said, you can re-take the acne quiz to obtain different products – which varies in strength. I never did this.

The regimen I use is drying; however, I always put on much more than I should. I do not recommend the moisturizer they offer as an add-on. It is not effective. Overall, for the price, I would give it a try.

I have been using SKIN ID for almost over a year now. The first regimen I started off with was 7 (3.5% BP cleanser/mask) 40 (2% Salicylic acid toner) and 32 (2.5% BP treatment) this regimen was VERY drying. The only thing it did was keep my acne under control but didn't really get rid of my acne. So I switched to something gentler 14 (2% salicylic acid cream cleanser w/ glycolic acid) 40 and 32 this worked a little bit better and got rid some of my blackheads and whiteheads. I would say it helped get rid of 10% of my blackheads/andwhiteheads probably because of the cleanser. The toner really didn't do anything except remove excess makeup and burn my skin. The treatment only worked for my big red pimples and dried my skin out. I justgot my regimen again and am sending it back. I decided to try something else. I paid $51 for each time I ordered it and I've already used it about 10 times!

IM SURE IT DOESNT WORK....AND IF IT DOES...MAYBE ONCE YOU STOP USING IT, IT WILL CAUSE YOU TO BREAK OUT MORE...JUST LIKE PROACTIV

IM SURE IT DOESNT WORK....AND IF IT DOES...MAYBE ONCE YOU STOP USING IT, IT WILL CAUSE YOU TO BREAK OUT MORE...JUST LIKE PROACTIV

YES! I hate proactiv too, same reason!

That stuff ruins lives. :wall: