Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on the Regimen 4 weeks as of today, and my acne has cleared up quite well. However, I'm not very happy with my overall complection. The spots where my acne was the worst are still red, my face looks really oily (although It cant be that bad as I've gotten no new acne in 5 days or more) around my forehead and really dry around my cheeks, and in general my face seems too be more rough and red then my neck, etc. I currently do the following: (and have been for about 3 of the 4 weeks)

Morning:

1. Gently wash face with Neutrogena Soap Bar for Sensitive Skin.

2. Wait 10-15 Mins then Apply BP Generously in worst area's, lightly on the rest of my face.

3. Wait 5-10 Mins and apply Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizer SPF 15.

Evening:

Same thing.

Once every week or so I Use St.Ive's Apricot Exfoliator for Sensitive Skin too help get rid of some of the dead skin, yet I still notice lots hanging around after I've been out in the sun a while.

Too try and speed up the Red mark healing process I've tried the tape method (seemed too do nothing) and the Vinegar method (although not for long as it seemed too irritate my skin even more).

So I guess my Main question is what should I do? Continue what I've been doing and hopefully within the next 3-4 weeks or so my complextion will even out and go back too its natural color? Lay off the BP for a few days and see if that helps? (I layed off it once for a day, didnt really notice a difference) Use something I'm not using too help even out my skin tone?!?

I dunno just really annoyed that it looks like I still have bad acne due too all the red marks, and then too top it off my face looks someburnt in some area's and not in others, and has the odd patch of visible dead skin rolleyes.gif

Any suggestions would be great biggrin.gif Thanks!

it took me a couple of weeks to see results too, don't worry. Some people clear up very quickly, while for some of us, it takes a bit longer. it took me about 3 weeks to see any BIG noticeable difference. Just keep doing it.. patience is the key.

I don't know if this will help you, but I experienced the same things you're talking about. I used the Neutrogena moisturizer for the first couple weeks and noticed it made my skin shiny. I've since changed to Eucerin Renewal and it has helped with evening out my overall skin tone and also helped with excess flaking. The Alpha Hydroxy Acids in the lotion help exfoliate the skin cells.

hey dustino,

You should use a different moisterizer at night. One without spf because those can be a bit more harsh on the skin. Since using a heavier moisterizer at night, my skin has been sooo much better. Since using the creamier moisterizer at night, my skin has even had a lot less breakouts. BTW, i've been on dan's reg for about 3 weeks i think.

Also, i wouldn't recommend using any exfoliaters (vinegar, taping, scrubs, AHA) until your skin calms down. It'll just make things worse.

Guess I should have added that I do indeed use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Combination Skin at night biggrin.gif Although it actually feels lighter then heavier....which kind would you suggest I use if I wanted a heavier one?

Also I'll keep what you said about the Exfoliater's into mind, wont use tape or Vinegar for a few weeks...but I will still be needing too use the Apricot Scrub once every week-week 1/2, as my skin is in desperate need of one by then! (without it I can literally peel dead skin away in clumps by just running my fingers over my face lightly)

Thanks for replies!

ditch the soap. soaps are drying. Change to a liquid cleanser....aquanil, moisturel, cetaphil, basis comfortably clean cleanser, neutrogena exta gentle cleanser (white bottle). Keep your cleansing routine short - like 10-20 seonds or so.

as for heavier moisterizer, there are quite a few that would work well. Basically, a cream moisterizer that comes in a jar. And don't be afraid by the ingredients. I know I might get some flack from other members, but heavier moisterizers are so important for balancing skin tone.

Right now, i use Lush's Celestial moisterizer which I absolutely adore! But i've also used Kiehl's Panthenol Protein moisterizing face cream. Both can be found in stores or on their websites. But you should able to find some face creams in a regular drug store. They work great in combination with BP cream.