Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I'm post accutane about a year now and my acne is coming back! I HATE THIS! I've also been on the usual BP stuff, Vitamin A, B, and Zinc, Salicylic Acid, Pee Therapy, etc.

I REALLY REALLY want some help! I feel like a lot of the people on here... I've broken down and cried multiple times. People'v made fun of me. Pizza face, tomato face... I don't want to be back there again. Anyone who has ANY suggestions to help me out, I'd be happy to listen! I've gone through hundreds of topics and have used MANY regimens, but NOTHING seems to stop it from coming back!

p.s.- I know getting on accutane a second time is an ideal choice, but at the moment It would be VERY inconvenient for me.

Hey guys,

I'm post accutane about a year now and my acne is coming back! I HATE THIS! I've also been on the usual BP stuff, Vitamin A, B, and Zinc, Salicylic Acid, Pee Therapy, etc.

I REALLY REALLY want some help! I feel like a lot of the people on here... I've broken down and cried multiple times. People'v made fun of me. Pizza face, tomato face... I don't want to be back there again. Anyone who has ANY suggestions to help me out, I'd be happy to listen! I've gone through hundreds of topics and have used MANY regimens, but NOTHING seems to stop it from coming back!

p.s.- I know getting on accutane a second time is an ideal choice, but at the moment It would be VERY inconvenient for me.

Sorry to hear about your struggles. Accutane isn't a miracle drug(as you already know), but I think if your acne got back to where it started, a 2nd course would be better, some people take 3, even 4 courses. But if you don't want accutane now, I would try a topical and some anti-biotics.

A little more information might help people know what advice to give you. What type of acne do you have (blackheads, inflamed acne, cystic, etc.)? What is your skin care regimen like now? Do you want recommendations for prescription treatments or over-the-counter?

Okay soooo You've used accutane once before and it worked, right??? And you got put on accutane because you've tried everything else known to man (including the piss method) right??? I understand you may not want a second course of accutane but it appears that there are no other options for you. I mean....you tried everything. Nothing works. And when that happens dermatologists put you on accutane. Case closed.

Sorry to hear about your battle... acne definitely sucks.

You'll get a lot of people telliing you to get back on Accutane, but not me.

Acne is surfaces for many different reasons...

However, you should do everything within YOUR CONTROL to take care of your acne and see what results you get.

What I mean by that is your lifestyle; specifically your diet, your sleep and your stress level.

What is your diet like? Have you heard of food sensitivities? Many people on this board are on so many different acne products, fighting the symptoms (acne) but unaware of what's really causing them in the first place.

I'd start by doing an elimination diet. Do you eat gluten? Dairy? Soy? Nuts? Wheat? These are very common triggers of acne since your body can't properly digest them. Some have cleared 100% simply by eliminating one or all of these items from their diet.

What about your stress level? Has anything changed in your life since you've been off Accutane? Are you under more stress now?

Do you work out? Most likely your stressing about your skin; working out will greatly help you reduce your stress level.

Lets start there by having you answer these questions and build a plan of attack before you pony up on Accutane again which I think is uneccesary in a lot of cases..

PANIC

Sorry to hear about your battle... acne definitely sucks.

You'll get a lot of people telliing you to get back on Accutane, but not me.

Acne is surfaces for many different reasons...

However, you should do everything within YOUR CONTROL to take care of your acne and see what results you get.

What I mean by that is your lifestyle; specifically your diet, your sleep and your stress level.

What is your diet like? Have you heard of food sensitivities? Many people on this board are on so many different acne products, fighting the symptoms (acne) but unaware of what's really causing them in the first place.

I'd start by doing an elimination diet. Do you eat gluten? Dairy? Soy? Nuts? Wheat? These are very common triggers of acne since your body can't properly digest them. Some have cleared 100% simply by eliminating one or all of these items from their diet.

What about your stress level? Has anything changed in your life since you've been off Accutane? Are you under more stress now?

Do you work out? Most likely your stressing about your skin; working out will greatly help you reduce your stress level.

Lets start there by having you answer these questions and build a plan of attack before you pony up on Accutane again which I think is uneccesary in a lot of cases..

PANIC

I agree with you somewhat. Accutane should be the last source. But trying everything under the sun, which he has tried most of, may take over a year, ya know. N he sounds pretty upset and doesn't seem like he wants to take the time to make all those changes and try al of those thing.

Ya feel me?

Hey thanks guys (and girls), I appreciate responses. I'm in the process of trying to better my diet. I used to eat a lot of dairy so now I'm eliminating it from my diet. Hopefully it will help... It seems to be working somewhat. Any other help is greatly appreciated.