Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
usacc

Some nice ice pick correction

i think it could be a good old case of photoshop/lighting i coulld be wrong though

Edited by werdemup

Not true, my skin looks like that after two pixel treatment. My wider (saucer type) scars are still visible, but my scars like the guy in the second pic are gone, my skin looks like his. It depends on your skin and the laser.

Not true, my skin looks like that after two pixel treatment. My wider (saucer type) scars are still visible, but my scars like the guy in the second pic are gone, my skin looks like his. It depends on your skin and the laser.

Did you have similar ice picks ?

All too often these types of before/after pictures are taken too soon after the procedure to see what the real improvement is.

For example, after a Fraxel Re:store treatment, your skin appears normal after a couple of days. Microswelling makes it appear as though scars are gone for at least a few weeks, but once that swelling subsides, scars return. I'm under the impression that all photos showing phenomenal improvement like this are taken too soon, and therefore benefit from the appearance of the microswelling.

All too often these types of before/after pictures are taken too soon after the procedure to see what the real improvement is.

For example, after a Fraxel Re:store treatment, your skin appears normal after a couple of days. Microswelling makes it appear as though scars are gone for at least a few weeks, but once that swelling subsides, scars return. I'm under the impression that all photos showing phenomenal improvement like this are taken too soon, and therefore benefit from the appearance of the microswelling.

Very true. Also, theoretically there can't be any improvement from fraxel re:store right after the treatment, as it doesn't ablate any scarring tissue.

I hate to be negative but many of the photos for these places are often manipulated. Look how they have the light rake across the subject on the 'before' shots, then have it be head on for the after shots. I see derm orgs do this all the time. I have to think it's more than a coincidence.