Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miketomass

Acne and OVER ejaculation, my final call

Since I have discovered the main cause of acne on men, I shouldn´t be here anymore. I only come to help the last few, who are reading this and willing to change their minds.

I notice that this discussion has been beaten to death, but people are too stubborn and too commited with their "common sense".

You only have to google, DHT and acne, and you will find that DHT is an huge acne agravator. You can google also the effects of ejaculation on men, and you will find that DHT level are significantly increased after a men ejaculate.

DHT stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. More oil, more acne prone skin.

When my dermatologist advised me accutane (wich I refused), he told me that I should start to notice results after six weeks... So I think you should try to abstain for sexual activity for at least six weeks. You would be doing more or less what accutane does, by not stimulating your sebaceous glands...of course without the adverse effects accutane has.

Ejaculation may also be bad in the sense you lose many nutritients and you make your body to produce more.

The issue is, your body takes time to recover from an ejaculation, and you are not letting it recover probably since your early teens... your body needs to find it´s balance again.

Now I´m going to answer the typical objections to this theory:

1- If masturbation causes acne, why sex doesn´t? Notice that I mention ejaculation, to point that both do. Although sex with the physical activity helps you to burn DHT, so it should be less harmful.

2- Why don´t adults get acne. Their body is more mature and in balance.

3- Couldn´t be just the sweat of masturbating/sexual activity? Do this experiment; masturbate for 10 minutes but don´t ejaculate. Then the next day, masturbate for 5 minutes and then ejaculate. You will notice that ejaculation will increase your face oilness ten times more.

4-What about the hairy hands or blind etc... This is not even an argument....Even if people in the past made fairy tales to dissuade people to masturbate, and even if acne is associated with fairy tales this is just a genetic fallacy.

5- Why doesn´t science, dermatologists acknowledge this? If you did the research I told you will find that science does support this theory. Although scientists never did the math. They do agree that sex produces more DHT, that DHT produces more oil, and that oil produces acne. But for some odd reason they never associated ejaculation with acne.

More, anyone in our time who says something against freedom or sex, is just seen as a nut , and this is of course a sensible topic. If i was a doctor I wouldn´t tell a patient in front of his parents to cut sexual activity...

6- Isn´t sex natural and safe? In some sense yes, but I guess acne can be a symptom that your body isn´t still ready for it. But even in adults I think too much sex might be harmful, as overeating and eating is natural too :).

With this I hope to not come across arrogant or a know it all guy, but my research showed me that this is very obvious. And true.

I wish good luck for all of you...:

Bye

Masturbation gives me acne even if i do it once every two weeks. I don't get a lot if acne, but if I do it always happens after i ejaculate. Is their some way to combat this. I know there is saw palmetto, but many people don't seem to have good results with this and even report large cystic breakouts. Do you have any other recommendations?

I´m going only to reply to you benny, cause any minute the compulsive masturbators are here saying this is a myth, and I don´t have time for much replies.

If your acne is mild to moderate, I wouldn´t recommend any product. Only wash your face with warm water and then leave your face under the shower for 2 minutes with ice cold water. Don´t put the water pressure too strong for obvious reasons.

And stop masturbating completly, until your acne is gone. If in 4 weeks you don´t notice dramatic improvement in your skin, then the problem might be your diet.

Hope you don´t have problems with wet dreams, if you do, try kegels or something for premature ejaculation.

Your body need to get it´s balance again... try to live the life you had when you are kid, eat and sleep healthy, and no sex. Once you are cured, start sexual activity very gradually..

Hope the best

Edited by miketomass
Guest DireStraits

Im a pretty disciplined guy I don't masturbate (no joke), instead my problem is with wet dreams at night which I pretty much have no control over. Whenever I have a wet dream my skin will become oily and i'll end up developing an inflamed pimple.

The only thing I use at the moment to combat this is zinc but tbh its not doing a good job in helping breakouts from ejaculation.

Just like benny im keen to know of any supplements to get my body into balance,

Thanks miketomass

I follow an extremely strict diet which is essentially a candida diet. This keeps me clear, but i get 2 or 3 zits that are pretty big and inflamed only after I ejaculate. The longest i have abstained is 3 and a half weeks and my acne cleared, but then i ejaculate again and there's another breakout. I have completely narrowed it down to a hormonal imbalance caused by ejaculation. It has to be the cause of my acne because I have tested it many many times over the last year because i didn't want to believe that it is true. I can't abstain longer than a week and my girl gets pissed when i tell her that i can only have sex once a week, but even though this is not excessive masturbation, I still break out. I need some supplement or something to fix this. You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this so please let me know. I also don't use much on my face either, i wash it with purpose which is shown to be as gentle as water and I apply acv to my face as a toner, but that's not the problem. I am frustrated and stressed a lot due to this problem.

It's not for every person. Everybody has a different body and how it functions, although for maybe 95% of people masturbation can lead to breakouts, there is still a good 5% that don't. It's the same with sweets, for most it might break you out, but not for everyone

Props to the OP for having the courage to put this out there. I've wanted to for a long time!

Abstinence from ^^^^^^ is the only thing that's keeping me clear for the most part right now. It might be gnarly to think about, but when I was first updating my gallery, I had been... participating in this a lot. Stress results in a need to so, and getting zits results in stress. It's a crappy cycle, but it's led me to the conclusion that the human body is simply not meant for daily sexual activity.

Truth be told, I did it again a couple days ago, and only now are a few marks popping up. That's probably what sets a lot of people off; you almost never get blemishes right after, and mine only start to form days later.

But trust me, if your acne's bad enough to have considered anything like Accutane or worse, you need to try this for at least a week. It takes tons of sisu, but it couldn't be more worth it.

Also, it'll decrease your appetite, but this is normal... eat slowly and accordingly! If you're trying to get big, overeating doesn't do it. I'm 6'5", 190lbs, growing, and I'm glad I've finally figured this out. Probably saved my life.

Thanks to the OP too.

ive also noticed ejaculating has worsened my acne, i dont think its caused my acne because my dad and brother had acne when they were my age so its genetic too

i went a week and a half without it, then i got drunk my hormones probly rocketed and i ended up ejaculating, i broke out for the next wee. I did think it was mostly down to the alcohol but im going to experiment and find out. so far ive gone a week without masterbating, still suffering from the breakout from last time though.

Hey i have tried to stop masturbation but always found myself bored to death. Its on my mind unless i do it, then when its over i regret I've done it...but i am going to commit to it this time for my skins sake.

..acne limits people in many ways, socially, mentally and physically. There is no way in hell I'm letting acne claim this part of my life also. I eat like a caveman, work out daily, am very clean, take supplements and antibiotics all so I can limit/control my acne. I find doing all of this taxing yet satisfying. There's nothing satisfying about practicing abstinence. I'm in my prime and if I'm hitting it off with a girl, or hitting off with my hand, I won't deny myself the pleasure. I guess what I'm saying is, when it comes to acne, I'll go above and beyond but there comes a point where you have to draw a line in the sand. You aren't taking over this facet of my life acne, you stubborn prick. :hand:

My 2 cents:

I've been masturbating/ejaculating a lot these days (maybe 3-5 times a day) yet my acne hasn't got worse/my skin hasn't got any oilier. But maybe that's because I'm on Accutane? lol who knows. Even when I wasn't on Accutane and fapped a lot I didn't notice any difference with my acne. IMO, diet has much more influence on acne than masturbatory habits.

My 2 cents:

IMO, diet has much more influence on acne than masturbatory habits.

IMO when it comes to diets it helps if you eat healthier, but it depends a lot on how much you eat. Dan was talking about it in one of his videos. If you don't eat as much you don't get that much acne. Something like that.

id say it does effect my skin but not massively. it seems to get worse 5 days after the event. that being said, it sounds like your blaming oil for causing acne. which isnt completely true.

acne/spots/pimples what ever are caused by blocked pores, skin shedding at a fast rate and plugging the sebum below it. once this traps itself, an oxygen free environment sets up a play ground for a spot.

testosterone which is the male hormone does indeed lead to oily skin and increase chances of spots and break outs, however taking a zinc supplement and being healthy should be enough to balance those hormones.

and like someone mentioned even if you abstain from spanking the monkey, you are likely to have a wet dream anyway

I've been masturbating/ejaculating a lot these days (maybe 3-5 times a day)

That's impressive my record is only twice in one day.

Must be on heat. :)

1- If masturbation causes acne, why sex doesn´t? Notice that I mention ejaculation, to point that both do. Although sex with the physical activity helps you to burn DHT, so it should be less harmful.

1- What if you masturbate and then go for a run afterwards? Would that cancel it out?

2 - I'm an adult and I have acne.

You do the maths.

1- What if you masturbate and then go for a run afterwards? Would that cancel it out?

2 - I'm an adult and I have acne.

You do the maths.

As I´ve predicted, this thread that always started serious, ends a joke with people telling they love to masturbate. This is the reason why it´s so difficult to overcome acne, you have these choices:

1- Stop masturbating for 6 weeks

2- Go on accutane

3- Pray and hope your body takes care of it as you age. Though you might get luck with dan´s regimen or so.

For you ben, yes running would be good. It doesn´t cancel, but it helps. I know also that adults get acne, and even more these days that in the past, but obviously my statement was a general one and you didn´t need to behave like a biter...

best wishes

lads, there is nothing wrong with it once a day.. 3-5 times a day whatever about being bad for your acne...its just unhealthy, you are obsessed with it...you should learn to live with your dick not being in your hand lol. You need a certain amount, its healthy to have a certain amount (4-7 a week to keep test. levels where they should be for a lad 17-22 Its less as you get older) abstain if you want but w/e.

miketomass and others,

i really don't think there is any sound science to your claim. any dermatologist will tell you there isn't really much to the causes of acne besides genetics. diet, grooming, and masturbation have NO effect on your acne.

i think you guys are taking some anecdotal experiences to make your claim true in your mind, but i think science will disagree with you. i liken it to the denial of global warming just because it's snowing outside.

to debunk this masturbation causes acne myth, according to a conversation with a dermatologist friend of mine (i'm almost 30 by the way), acne cyst are actually formed a month in advance of a breakout. they just remain dormant until it is triggered by stress or other conditions, so just because you notice yourself clear for a few weeks because you haven't masturbated goes against this natural schedule of acne formation in your body.

and to break the myth with my own anecdotal experience, when i was a teenager, i masturbated...A LOT and my skin was clear as a bell. i didn't really develop acne until my adult years when i actually masturbated less because i was in committed sexual relationships. the fact of the matter is, it was a genetic disposition that triggered acne to develop when it did, and nothing more.

this isn't to say you shouldn't do things to prevent acne breakouts (benzoyl peroxide worked for me), but for the love of god (figure of speach, i'm not actually religious at all) don't be afraid to masturbate because you think it will give you acne. why deprive yourself of one of life's simple pleasures because you read something on google that might lead you to believe it will give you acne.

if you don't believe me, go ask your dermatologist, and i would hope you trust a trained professional over something someone wrote on the internet.

"""""Masturbation does increase acne. Sexual activity directly affects the release of hormones which causes inflammation in the skin(acne). Pretty much anything that causes your blood pressure/rate to rise helps worsen acne (exercising, stress, suger, caffeine, sex). The best way of counter acting these hormones in a sexually active person includes eating foods that are anti inflammatory which will help to reduce acne caused by hormones. Such foods include grinded flax seeds, garlic, salmon, ...basically eat like a diabetic. Search google for anti inflammatory foods. I masturbate daily and try to stay away from greasy foods like hamburgers and fast food. Never diet by eating less rather diet by eating better foods like fruit and nuts. doing this helps give you more energy and fight imflammation which leads to better sex!""""'

"miketomass and others,

i really don't think there is any sound science to your claim. any dermatologist will tell you there isn't really much to the causes of acne besides genetics. diet, grooming, and masturbation have NO effect on your acne.

i think you guys are taking some anecdotal experiences to make your claim true in your mind, but i think science will disagree with you. i liken it to the denial of global warming just because it's snowing outside.

to debunk this masturbation causes acne myth, according to a conversation with a dermatologist friend of mine (i'm almost 30 by the way), acne cyst are actually formed a month in advance of a breakout. they just remain dormant until it is triggered by stress or other conditions, so just because you notice yourself clear for a few weeks because you haven't masturbated goes against this natural schedule of acne formation in your body.

and to break the myth with my own anecdotal experience, when i was a teenager, i masturbated...A LOT and my skin was clear as a bell. i didn't really develop acne until my adult years when i actually masturbated less because i was in committed sexual relationships. the fact of the matter is, it was a genetic disposition that triggered acne to develop when it did, and nothing more.

this isn't to say you shouldn't do things to prevent acne breakouts (benzoyl peroxide worked for me), but for the love of god (figure of speach, i'm not actually religious at all) don't be afraid to masturbate because you think it will give you acne. why deprive yourself of one of life's simple pleasures because you read something on google that might lead you to believe it will give you acne.

if you don't believe me, go ask your dermatologist, and i would hope you trust a trained professional over something someone wrote on the internet."

Without a doubt masturbation is one of my triggers, along with stress and just being horny. Of course doctors and dermatologists are going to deny it, where's the money in it? They can't sell you 'not masturbating'. HOWEVER, Acne is different in everyone and I think that other people's triggers are different, and that masturbation is just one trigger that causes Acne in certain people, but probably has no effect whatsoever in other people. Its all subjective. Thats why anecdotal experiences are worth something when it comes to acne.

Also, I think that life is too complicated and tough to give you a simple pleasure for free.

Edited by Acnejohn12

i feel like an old man now when i say this, but the willingness of young people to believe anything they read on the internet over long-tested, peer-reviewed, scientific fact makes me concerned about the next generation.