Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, so i am almost acne free :)! just a couple scars here and there and a few whiteheads. but my skin is EXTREMELY dry!

if you have annnyyy sugggestions please let me know whether its moisturizer, masks, natural treatmets etc.

THANKSSS

ps i was going to buy origins a perfect world antioxidnt moisturizer with white tea, any good comments on that.

DOUBLE THANKSSSS :cool:

click!

there it iss

Edited by soccersweetie1101

oh and isnt that moisturizer your getting a little expensive? its like 40 bucks for less than 2 oz.

yeah its pricey :/ but ive heard wonderus reviews about it!

and jojoba oil seems good to me :) i was actually researching it today and it seems like a life saver.

thankss:)

if its anti oxidant im sure its good.

list the ingredients so its easier for us to tell if its good.

id personally look for something cheaper. all these products claiming to reduce age etc i just dont buy into. just go for good ol aloe vera and some bee propolis, its amazing.

Hi Soccersweetie

I'm in the same position (most of the acne is gone, some scarring, super dry skin) and as I just posted I have had a LOT of luck with California Baby products. I would recommend any of the creams but specifcally the Aloe Vera if you want to focus on healing the scarring or the Calming Botanical if you want to focus on moisturizing. The Botanical has aloe in it so it hits that area as well, just not as much.

I'm afraid I don't have much experience with Origins. I tried a moisturizer of theirs a few years ago and didn't like it but I don't remember what it was and they may have changed their forumla since then. I feel like a lot of moisturizers either just sit on my face, clog my pores, overwhelm me with oil and grease or don't moisturize enough. The only other moisturizer I've been ok with is Clinique's dramatically different, but my skin still feels dry after application.

JOJOBa oil......its an awesome moisturizer.....I have dry skin too, and washing my face with just water will make it flaky and tight feeling.....You can add a few drops to your moisturizer to help moisturize, or add a few drops to your cleanser (i find this to work best), and you wont need as much moisturizer....but get some jojoba, its great.

if its anti oxidant im sure its good.

list the ingredients so its easier for us to tell if its good.

id personally look for something cheaper. all these products claiming to reduce age etc i just dont buy into. just go for good ol aloe vera and some bee propolis, its amazing.

thank you! and i was thinking about buying this at cvs

aloe vera

what do you think?

Hi Soccersweetie

I'm in the same position (most of the acne is gone, some scarring, super dry skin) and as I just posted I have had a LOT of luck with California Baby products. I would recommend any of the creams but specifcally the Aloe Vera if you want to focus on healing the scarring or the Calming Botanical if you want to focus on moisturizing. The Botanical has aloe in it so it hits that area as well, just not as much.

I'm afraid I don't have much experience with Origins. I tried a moisturizer of theirs a few years ago and didn't like it but I don't remember what it was and they may have changed their forumla since then. I feel like a lot of moisturizers either just sit on my face, clog my pores, overwhelm me with oil and grease or don't moisturize enough. The only other moisturizer I've been ok with is Clinique's dramatically different, but my skin still feels dry after application.

okay! thanks for your reply! i will look into california baby producta!

JOJOBa oil......its an awesome moisturizer.....I have dry skin too, and washing my face with just water will make it flaky and tight feeling.....You can add a few drops to your moisturizer to help moisturize, or add a few drops to your cleanser (i find this to work best), and you wont need as much moisturizer....but get some jojoba, its great.

thanks! i just bought this primer type thing from ulta and it has joboba beads in it! im really excited to use it!

well aloe is good, but wouldnt rate that one you linked too highly

The ingredients are

Oxygenated Purified Water, Aloe Vera Gel, SDA 40, Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Vitamins A & D, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Lidocaine, Chlorophyll, Hydrogen Peroxide.

hydrogen peroxide? lol

id look for a 99.99% organic aloe vera personally.

and jojoba oil is supposed to be awesome

well aloe is good, but wouldnt rate that one you linked too highly

The ingredients are

Oxygenated Purified Water, Aloe Vera Gel, SDA 40, Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Vitamins A & D, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Lidocaine, Chlorophyll, Hydrogen Peroxide.

hydrogen peroxide? lol

id look for a 99.99% organic aloe vera personally.

and jojoba oil is supposed to be awesome

oh shit about the hydrogen peroxide........lol

and yeah im trying to convince my mom to get me order the jojoba on here but shes all like no X(

Well, I have used Jojoba oil and I'll never use it. It causes me to get tiny whiteheads and makes face look like grease lightning.

I bought a bottle 3x and only used it like several times total before I tossed it.

But I never tried adding a couple drops into a cleanser.

Dry skin problems respond well to home and lifestyle measures, such as using moisturizers and avoiding long, hot showers and baths. If your skin is very dry, consult a doctor and he may recommend you to use an over-the-counter (nonprescription) cream that contains lactic acid or lactic acid and urea.

Sometimes dry skin leads to dermatitis, which causes red, itchy skin. In these cases, treatment may include hydrocortisone-containing lotions. So be careful not to over-do your skin.

I use Aloe Vera gel as a moisturizer and love it. It gets that perfect balance going, really absorbs in to my skin, is very affordable, and has absolutely nothing in it that can cause more trouble for my pores (oil, wax, alcohol, etc.). Just make sure that you check out the label before you buy - there are a lot of gels out there that have ingredients that aren't so great for your skin (lidocaine and alcohol are probably the most common).

I love CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It is the best lotion I have ever used. It absorbs fast, and doesn't leave my face greasy. I have very sensitive skin, and this does not irritate my skin at all. Best of all, it leaves my skin nice a supple.

You can find it at most drugstores, such as CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.