Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dont Watch Me

I want this nightmare to be over

i need to rant

i'm too old for this shit

26 and been dealing with hell for about 4 years now. been through multiple doctors visits, blood tests, dermatologists, and natural remedies without a single change. i have numerous skin problems, going bald, and generally feel horrible now.

my face is purple. i dont even wanna be seen in public now. i can't even go out shopping, to the grocery store, to a sporting event. i feel like every single person is looking at me and thinking how disgusting my face is. when i look in the mirror and pictures i look ugly. i think "this isnt me, this isnt what i look like". i see a person who doesnt look like what i "really" look like......under my fucked up skin.

i have been single for years now........and i really want to meet someone. i'm on a personals site and cant even post my picture because of how horrible i look. i dont have an old picture either and dont think thats fair on the other party anyways. i dont want to miss my opportunity. i really want to find the one now.

its caused me to stop doing the things i love. i've stopped on all my goals .........im extremely frustrated and feel like i havent accomplished anything i wanted to at this stage of my life. i wonder if i will ever do things i want to.......like getting married.

maybe its stupid to feel like this over something so "minor" as skin problems, but i dont consider it minor. i dont think anyone can truly understand how you feel unless they are going through or have been through. no one wants this and no one should have to go through it.

i just want to wake up and have my face normal. i want my life back.

Edited by Dont Watch Me

hang on there mate.

i know and understand how you feel. Been struggling with pretty much fucked up skin my whole college years.and right now, im 21, with acne and no job.Sucks right?

This past few years i've experienced months of clearer and brighter skin, but it comes back with revenge when i am finally enjoying my life hanging with friends, looking for job etc.

i know this will be over soon,but still it blows my confidence and self esteem really bad.

hang on there mate.

i know and understand how you feel. Been struggling with pretty much fucked up skin my whole college years.and right now, im 21, with acne and no job.Sucks right?

This past few years i've experienced months of clearer and brighter skin, but it comes back with revenge when i am finally enjoying my life hanging with friends, looking for job etc.

i know this will be over soon,but still it blows my confidence and self esteem really bad.

How come your face is purple? I mean what's causing that?

I've felt like you do in the past. It's a difficult thing to deal with. But it's not impossible to overcome. You could try talking to yourself differently. Or you could do the opposite of what your feelings tell you. I mean if your feelings tell you to not go somewhere because you think you'll be too self-conscious to be able to enjoy yourself, go anyway! Chances are you'll find things aren't as bad as you imagined them to be beforehand.

Anyway, just some advice. :)

as someone whos been dealing with acne for 7 years, from moderate to severe with scarring like no other.. i know the feeling.

my problems started young. and ive never had a girlfriend in my life.. sad.. but you just have to hope for a better future. know that better times will come, as hard as that may be.

as for the face being purple part.. care to explain?

I have very similar feelings man.. although I wish I only been dealing with this stuff for 4 years like yourself. I've had acne constantly since I was about 13 and now being 24. I have very oily skin with black heads and inflamed zits that every night/morning are just begging to be released. >_<

It really does hurt your self confidence something horrible. All the time and effort you put into fixing it with seeing little to no change takes a toll. I've had a lifestyle change going on 2 years now of working out weekly at a gym along with a diet adjustment. Even though I've seen very positive results in my body physically.. the acne remains the same for the most part.

I'm right there with ya to on the girlfriend thing. 24 and never have had a girlfriend, yep.. I'm not saying I couldn't ever have gotten one. It was never a case were there was a mutual interest. That's just how things go though.. Having the low self confidence with this takes away from your own personally which seems to be one of the biggest things that's attractive.

How come your face is purple?

if i knew why i wouldnt be on this site

yea, i havent had much luck with relationships. im shy too.

i was out on saturday and actually didnt care much about my face...even had a rash on the side of my face that i didnt try to cover up. i wasnt that self conscious about it though, i just went out and enjoyed myself.

trying not to stress about this as stress isnt good for your body but i would rather not have this waste away any more of my life. im ready to LIVE and do what makes me happy!

Good thing that you went out and didn't care, keep it up. I am also 26 and had acne about 7 months ago, dermatologist managed to give me some antibiotics that literally cleared my acne within 2 weeks.

However, last week, my chin area was so red and had a lot of whiteheads, GP said it was Rosacea, anything i put on didn't work. But i thought screw it and went out with my workmates anyway and was enjoying the night so much that the redness didn't even cross my mind until i went to the GP the next morning. It also helped that my workmates are amazingly nice and understanding about my condition (am a male and workmates are 1 male and 5 females in my department).

Anyway, my chin is healing up very well at the moment after i was put on a different antibiotic this time with 2 topicals in Zineryt and Differin. Ater 2 days, it wasn't red anymore and also, it kind of created a 2nd layer of skin which when i showered, it came off and the skin underneath it looked a lot better in just 2-3 days. My chin is still healing because even though it's not red, it is a dark color and i can see parts of it slowing going back to my normal skin color.

I got my derma appointment in 2 weeks just in case. Don't let acne hold you back, do the things you like doing which is all that matters.

Purple as in post inflammatory hyper pigmentation that has a purple tint to it?

i guess you could describe it as that.....why do you know what it is?

my face is misshapen too.....its just.....weird

I AM SO FARKIN TIRED OF THIS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS FRUSTRATED

all i wanna do now is sleep.....and eat. sleep and eat, yea that sounds good. no self motivation to do anything else. i am disappointed in myself. i dont let stuff get to me yet this is. its got me feeling trapped inside a cage and i cant get out. i want to get out. i dont want to depressed and hopeless.

i feel helpless. i have no support.....doctors have shoed me away and my family doesnt care. they tell me "your skin looks fine". hell, they cant even tell that im losing hair.

I WANT IT OUT OF ME!! NOW.

can i find a doctor who will actually listen to me and treat me instead of collecting a paycheck? i am just so weary of doctors now and have spent enough time inside hospitals already in my life. just figure out what the heck is wrong with me and treat it, because i sure as hell cant do it myself.

ive tried. ive tried everything. im fed up.

dude i fell your pain i've been dealing with ance a long time over 15 years & let me tell you im tyred of this shit

i've never been so furstrated in my life things got to get better i dont know how much longer i can take this crap

best of luck to you

i feel ugly. i am ugly.

i put my pic up on this personals/dating site. managed to somewhat hide it and its a side pic. no one has even looked at my profile since! that's less than when i didnt have a pic posted. so yea......this shit has made me ugly. just gonna take it down and forget about it.

how am i ever gonna get a relationship with this crap? seriously, no half decent chick is gonna want someone that looks like me. so im gonna be single until i get this fixed.......but at this point it feels like it will never end.

i havent been out in like a week. i dont even want to leave my house or be seen by anyone.

this cant be all one big coincidence. it doesnt make sense for everything to go awry at the exact same time. my face becoming discolored and disfigured, losing my hair, getting psoriasis/eczema/seb derm/rashes all over, and having a weird blueish mark across my stomach with a gut. i know what it is but i cant get rid of it or be taken seriously by a doctor.

what am i supposed to do now? i'm fed up. do i go back to the doctor even when i went through multiple visits and blood tests for nothing. when i tried talking to my doctor they looked at me like i belonged in a lunatic asylum. i just want it gone.

all i wanna do is music. its my passion and been the only thing ive wanted for years. i feel like the window of opportunity is closing and i dont want it to slam shut on me.

This is a really terrible story and I can't imagine what you must feel like. You're going to have to consider using make-up, but you have a severe problem that make up can be the solution to, so don't put yourself in a position where you feel feminine.