Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mach1

Help determining scar type

I have a scar on the right side of my nose that's been bothering me for quite a while. It came from a huge zit I had way back in 03-04 or so, and the scar has been there ever since.

Unfortunately, I can't take a clear picture of it at the moment, but it's basically very slightly raised (extremely hard to tell unless looking really closely from the side in a mirror) and it has a straight gash or line through it. It's not deep at all and if I gently stretch the skin around it, you can see that. However, when left alone, it can be pretty noticeable.

I was hoping someone could tell me what method I should approach to remove it. Does it sound like something only dermabrasion would be able to handle?

I have a scar on the right side of my nose that's been bothering me for quite a while. It came from a huge zit I had way back in 03-04 or so, and the scar has been there ever since.

Unfortunately, I can't take a clear picture of it at the moment, but it's basically very slightly raised (extremely hard to tell unless looking really closely from the side in a mirror) and it has a straight gash or line through it. It's not deep at all and if I gently stretch the skin around it, you can see that. However, when left alone, it can be pretty noticeable.

I was hoping someone could tell me what method I should approach to remove it. Does it sound like something only dermabrasion would be able to handle?

too easy. its a hypertropic scar and the best method is a scar removal cream off the net or silicone sheets. ur lucky, as these are the easiest scars to treat. all the best.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

too easy. its a hypertropic scar and the best method is a scar removal cream off the net or silicone sheets. ur lucky, as these are the easiest scars to treat. all the best.

That's encouraging to hear. Are there any specific creams you could recommend for it?

Also, since we're already on the subject...I have a few small, circular and shallow pitted scars on my nose. One in particular that's a bit deeper than the rest but like the others, if I stretch the skin around it, it appears flat (albeit darker) with the surrounding skin.

I was told at one point that TCA cross would be an option, but I really don't want to risk making an even bigger scar in the process. Are there any safer method I could use for these particular scars?

Any help is appreciated!!

That's encouraging to hear. Are there any specific creams you could recommend for it?

Also, since we're already on the subject...I have a few small, circular and shallow pitted scars on my nose. One in particular that's a bit deeper than the rest but like the others, if I stretch the skin around it, it appears flat (albeit darker) with the surrounding skin.

I was told at one point that TCA cross would be an option, but I really don't want to risk making an even bigger scar in the process. Are there any safer method I could use for these particular scars?

Any help is appreciated!!

i dont have any raised scarring but a lot of people claim to have seen good results over a few months with dermatix, mederma or bioskincare. bioskincare claims to work on pitted scars too but it doesnt. alternatively you could just get steroid injections in the scars which would be heaps faster. i have no clue if there are any side effects from this.

the indented scars are the hardest to get rid of. thats why everyones here looking for answers all the time and eagerly awaiting new treatments. tca cross does work. i did it on some of my deeper scars a few months back and they are much shallower. what i think helped more were the tca peels which reduced the depth of my overall uneven skin. i do have relatively white skin so the ongoing redness for a few months wasnt the best. but im pleased to say its all gone. the scars are still there, just shallower. guess u can try needling too. thats all id recommend.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Much thanks. I think I'll look into the silicone sheets for the raised scar.

As for the little pitted scars, I'm thinking about going with the dermarollers (needling). However, I'm not sure exactly what size (if there are any) I should get. The small scars I have on my face and nose are rather isolated and I had heard that dermastamps may be better for the nose, so I don't know which derma tool I should buy.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where I can buy them as well, I'd appreciate it.

I've uploaded a few pictures so I could possibly get some more input before buying anything. Apologies for the gross closeups.

post-105592-1268638602_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268638622_thumb.jpg

The scar at the front of my nose (on the right) is the one I was referring to in my OP. Can't catch it on camera, but it's slightly raised. All the other scars circled in these pictures are slightly depressed/pitted.

post-105592-1268638674_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268638724_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268639110_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268639138_thumb.jpg

Granted, I know the scars don't appear that bad, but they really get on my nerves. I have school coming up in a couple of months, so I'd like to start on any treatment soon. Can the pitted scars that are pictured be lifted/removed with a dermaroller or dermastamp? And if so, which needle length should I go for?

post-105592-1268638602_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268638622_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268638674_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268638724_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268639110_thumb.jpg

post-105592-1268639138_thumb.jpg

Really...

haha id run if i was u dude. people here are going to get soooooo angry. e.g. people with serious scarring and all. mines moderate so i dont have too many bad feelings seeing urs. i think u need to relax and be happy. ur skins great.

Your scars are hardly noticeable. Everyone has a few scars, and you'll come to accept your minimal scarring. I say hold off on the treatments because they aren't worth the risk. Just keep your skin moisturize, dab a little AHA maybe, and let you skin heal itself.

Yeah, I didn't mean to put anyone off here, so I apologize if I did. However, I didn't think that this forum would only cater to those with moderate-severe scarring. Believe me when I say that I can sympathize since I had to have subcision treatment on quite a few ice-pick scars last year.

I have a mild case of OCD, so I'm aware that the pics of the light scars I posted might seem ridiculous to everyone else, but that doesn't mean it bothers me any less. I really only wanted to know if any lighter, safer treatments (like peels?) could remove them or help reduce their appearance.

Appreciate the posts. If anyone can contribute a little more info, I'd be grateful.

This doesn't even look like mild scarring to me. Just a few tiny tiny indents the size of a pore. Do you honestly think anyone else will notice this..?

Don't do anything ofcourse, imagine if it goes wrong and your skin gets alot worse. You'd need multiple treatments to fix these anyway.