Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jonima

What helps you to divert your attention from your skin?

I frequently find that I become extremely self-conscious, vain, and I pay so much attention to my skin. Whenever I am alone, I am unoccupied, and there are mirrors, I pay so much attention to my scars and acne.

So this obviously means that I, and others, should always be busy, hardly ever be alone, and stay away from mirrors as often as possible. I find that when I exercise, I hardly think about my skin. It could be because I have to focus on the exercise and because of the endorphins making me feel good. I also hardly worry about my skin when I am hanging out with my friends; when I am just enjoying life without a care in the world. But most of all, music-- especially music that moves me-- diverts my attention from my skin the most. Hardcore music and trippy music moves me, and mellow poetic music stimulates my mind. Thus, I can think of only good thoughts and do only happy things.

How about you?

Simply thinking about all of the things that I like about myself would help take my mind away from my acne. Keeping busy, too. There are plenty of other things to focus on like work and studies.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Simply put, Music.

Also overwhelming myself with uncomfortable social situations every chance I get helps for some reason. For example, meeting new people, going to crowded social gatherings, etc. When I do that, I find myself too excited (or something, idk what it is) to worry about my acne scars.

Edited by Chrisâ„¢

Guest Chrisâ„¢
I just had a epiphany! The best solution to acne is to be a vampire! :dance:

Nahhhhhh man, I'm an ex-vampire, trust me it's not the way to go lol.

There isn't much that diverts me because I don't think about it too much... but things that make me feel better about it is playing around with my eye makeup, hanging out with friends..

I just had a epiphany! The best solution to acne is to be a vampire! :dance:

Nahhhhhh man, I'm an ex-vampire, trust me it's not the way to go lol.

Haha ex-vampire? Its something like "Yeah, between a course of something-that-ends-with-xyn and Accutane, I asked a vampire to bite me. It did not work either". :lol: