Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeachBabyatHeart

Does anyone know of a Non-comedogenic Chapstick?

Hello All,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a non-comedogenic chapstick? I think that it might be what is causing the breakouts around my lips/chin, and if it isn't I want to cancel it out. But I don't where to start looking? I googled it and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Anything that doesn't include liquid paraffin ( e.g Vasaline ) or mineral oil. These block pores and strip your skin of natural oils so you just end up using more. I got blocked pores around my mouth when using Vaseline so now I use one that's shea butter and bees wax based. Lanolin is good too.

Just go to a health food store cos I can't seem to see decent stuff elsewhere.

Anything that doesn't include liquid paraffin ( e.g Vasaline ) or mineral oil. These block pores and strip your skin of natural oils so you just end up using more. I got blocked pores around my mouth when using Vaseline so now I use one that's shea butter and bees wax based. Lanolin is good too.

Vaseline does not block your pores.

Mineral oil is rated 0 (non-comedogenic) as far as comedogenicity goes. And the only ingredient in Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is petrolatum, which also rates a 0.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist