Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michael Y

Nose Problems :( pics included

Im 16, and have not really had any acne problems up until these stupid "cystic pimples" on my nose!

I used to just pop them when they came to a head..but these ones on my nose arent coming to a head! So far, Ive been using Benzagel 5% bp to no avail. I also dont ahve many resources available and Id rather not go to a dermatologist..lol. Any suggestions/tips/home remedies? Thanks

post-122377-1265866817_thumb.jpg

post-122377-1265866850_thumb.jpg

post-122377-1265866817_thumb.jpg

post-122377-1265866850_thumb.jpg

Well if they're really cysts then benz or any other topical treatment aren't going to help. Various home remedies, most commonly hot compresses, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, toothpaste, and crushed aspirin have been recommended to help dispel troublesome cysts. None have ever worked for me personally, but others swear by them. Barring that, the other options are to consult a doctor or just tough it out until they eventually come to a head and/or fade away on their own (rest assured, there's no such thing as a permanent zit). The good news is you're young and may still "grow out" of your acne problems. Nearly everyone has skin problems at your age. Not that that makes it any easier to put up with I realize.

Being 16 i can confidently conclude you are suffering from hormonal acne. This means a hormonal imbalance in your system and toxins arent being flushed out correctly by the liver.

Id recommend 2 simple things for you. More water, and start taking vitamin B6 supplements. Vitamin B6 is great for controlling hormone levels and helps correct imbalances. Great for your heart, brain and skin.