Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serinedream

(Renova) First-Timer, Input Appreciated

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting. I don't really have acne at all, as I have cleared my skin myself through many different routines.

Me: Fair to Light skin, brown hair, 22, light freckling on face (particularly nose)

Currently, I use a AHA/BHA with Tea Tree Oil cleanser 2x a day, DDF Oil-Free Moisture Dew, and Gly-Hyralonic acid (Makeupartistschoice.com is where I buy these products) at night if I have blemishes or redness.

Complaints: Blackheads on nose (nothing I do will elim. them)

Oily skin (and/or dry) - Combination type

Large pores

Redness

I hate the oily skin and the shine. My Gly-hyralonic acid serum makes me wake up pretty oily.

I went to a dermatologist, and while she said my skin is in good shape, she understood that I have tried hard at clearing my skin on my own, and a derm would be last resort. She gave me some samples, Eucerin redness relief, and Renova .02 cream sample (and a Retin-A cream Rx). She said it would eliminate blackheads on my nose and to use every other night.

I've googled and googled, I read great reviews, read bad reviews. To be honest, I really want to incorporate Vit A but I am frightened by everything.The derm downplayed it when I asked questions of purging, clogging, drying, peeling, etc.

I guess what I am asking for is any input? What better than to hear from similar skin types, similar situations, those who have had Renova successes, etc. Thanks!