Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asdf22

Stereoid injections (what worked for me)

I have quite alot of keloids and hypertrophics scars on my upper body from acne. They are/were red hard and raised about 5mm, some were abit more.

Iv sucessfully gotten them flat by having a doctor inject them whit a stereoid. For every scar it took about 5 injections, 2 months apart.And for one bigger scar about 4cmx3cm multiple injections were required, about 4, again about 5 times, 2 months apart.

Heres what happend:

Some scars were not effected. (most of these were young scars, all of these were "active scars")

Some scars went flat

Some became dents! This happend to about 1/3

Problem:

The scars are still red! And I took my injections about 2 years ago. They have lost some redness however. I have tryed shallow lazer to remove the redness and topical called contractubex, whit little or no effect. Anyone have ideas how to get rid of the redness?

I have quite alot of keloids and hypertrophics scars on my upper body from acne. They are/were red hard and raised about 5mm, some were abit more.

Iv sucessfully gotten them flat by having a doctor inject them whit a stereoid. For every scar it took about 5 injections, 2 months apart.And for one bigger scar about 4cmx3cm multiple injections were required, about 4, again about 5 times, 2 months apart.

Heres what happend:

Some scars were not effected. (most of these were young scars, all of these were "active scars")

Some scars went flat

Some became dents! This happend to about 1/3

Problem:

The scars are still red! And I took my injections about 2 years ago. They have lost some redness however. I have tryed shallow lazer to remove the redness and topical called contractubex, whit little or no effect. Anyone have ideas how to get rid of the redness?

vbeam is for redness, and also helps keloid scars

do you have any information on the strength of the steroid and the price for the treatments?

In North Europe it costs about 130e per treatment.

Im sorry but i dont know the strength or the name of the stereoid the doctor used. I got the idea that its quite common treatment however so ask your dermatologist.

Edited by asdf22

sanjoseskin- did you do V-beam? how many times did u do? how much do u see a improvement of redness & thickness.?