Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brazilianJJ

weightlifting while on accutane?

Lol, well this is all just stupid. Your like an older brother who insists he is right on everything. Of course i am known to be a flamer. Just leave it at this, your right, im right. No one can prove my method doesn't work and no one can prove yours doesn't either. Peace be within the world of bodybuilding. THA END :hand:

Post a pic!

Oh I know the type of guy this Cpt Obvious poster is...

He has been lifting weights for a few months, put on some chubby weight which he thinks is muscle. What he has done is put on novice gains. What he needs to understand is that his body is going to plateau like everyone else on earth, but how is he going to rise above this plateau?

I did it through correct diet and hard training. Apparently this guy is going to go through about 50 eggs a day...

Chubby weight?? are you serious?? My body fat % has dropped since i started. And i didn't just start, just started back after i was injured and took time off. Look you have no idea who i am so you have no idea what your talking about. 50 eggs isnt bad if you do cardio, which i do, and take the yolks out, which i do. I went from having 14" arms to 17.5" now and that isn't novice gains. If i had a camera to upload a pic i would. Quick trying to make yourself look like you just know everything because you definately don't. I haven't plateaued yet and won't much because i know how to beat them. I lift and get my advice from guys that place high in BB comps so stfu and go eat your salad.

Usually have salads with my steak, yeah they're good.

It is so convenient that you can't even post a picture. It is 2010 and you have no way of doing that? Trust me when I say you are not on my level.

OP, I see this thread has turned into a dick measuring contest between two scrub weightlifters, but I'll try and answer your question.

I've been taking 80 mg isotretinoin a day for the past month and haven't noticed any difference. No difference in soreness, work capacity, max effort capactiy, etc. The only think I've noted is that some days when my skin is dry on my shoulders / upper back, heavy squats can be a little uncomfortable.

You shouldn't need to make many dietary changes to accommodate accutane either. The general rule I've seen most often for protein is 1g / lb of body weight, so in your case hit a minimum of 150 grams a day. As long as you are drinking adequate amount of water, shoot for a gallon a day, a high protein diet won't have any sort of negative effects. I'm currently 210 pounds, and eat around 250-300 on most days, and pretty much never under 210.

I don't know why people get so hung up on "zomg the proteinz are gonna make me hyooge!!11", probably because they have a piss poor understanding of diet and nutrition. Provided you are getting an adequate supply to repair your muscles after a workout, it doesn't really matter what your protein intake is beyond that. I'm trying to cut a bit of weight so I'm keeping my intake high because protein keeps you fuller longer and is also takes more energy for your body to digest than carbs or fats.

In case it matters to you, I'm 6'0", 208 pounds. Max lifts are 280 bench, 375 squat, 450 deadlift with 4.5 years of lifting / dieting experience. Hope this helps dude. Remember don't sweat the small stuff just get to the gym and train, and eat to gain weight. Given enough time you'll get the results you want.

OP, I see this thread has turned into a dick measuring contest between two scrub weightlifters, but I'll try and answer your question.

I've been taking 80 mg isotretinoin a day for the past month and haven't noticed any difference. No difference in soreness, work capacity, max effort capactiy, etc. The only think I've noted is that some days when my skin is dry on my shoulders / upper back, heavy squats can be a little uncomfortable.

You shouldn't need to make many dietary changes to accommodate accutane either. The general rule I've seen most often for protein is 1g / lb of body weight, so in your case hit a minimum of 150 grams a day. As long as you are drinking adequate amount of water, shoot for a gallon a day, a high protein diet won't have any sort of negative effects. I'm currently 210 pounds, and eat around 250-300 on most days, and pretty much never under 210.

I don't know why people get so hung up on "zomg the proteinz are gonna make me hyooge!!11", probably because they have a piss poor understanding of diet and nutrition. Provided you are getting an adequate supply to repair your muscles after a workout, it doesn't really matter what your protein intake is beyond that. I'm trying to cut a bit of weight so I'm keeping my intake high because protein keeps you fuller longer and is also takes more energy for your body to digest than carbs or fats.

In case it matters to you, I'm 6'0", 208 pounds. Max lifts are 280 bench, 375 squat, 450 deadlift with 4.5 years of lifting / dieting experience. Hope this helps dude. Remember don't sweat the small stuff just get to the gym and train, and eat to gain weight. Given enough time you'll get the results you want.

thanks tones for that man, it really helped. im enjoying gym a lot and just trying to get my diet working for me atm. im giving myself a lot of time to see results to so hopefuly by the end of the year some time i may get a little bigger but till then just getting in the gym is great fun and most of the guys in there are pretty cool as well.

I agree with pimpstick when he said

Provided you are getting an adequate supply to repair your muscles after a workout, it doesn't really matter what your protein intake is beyond that.

But how much fully repairs your muscle?? I believe my intake of 400 a day is my sweet spot. Some others like this prick tommy2010 will disagree with you and insist your wrong because he is Mr. Einstein and all. :rolleyes:

But yeah what Pimpstick said, give it time and you will see results most definately with proper diet and rest. I like seeing going to the gym as enjoyable time instead of a chore, that way i don't get discouraged when i go a week or two with no noticable gains. Stay in there, have fun with it and eventually you'll be "superjacked" as we say it at our gym.

If you weigh 180 pounds, take in at least 180 grams per day obviously. But to go to 400 g per day is plain stupid.

I know nothing about weightlifting, but it was interesting to read these comments from these young males.

However, the downs comment is unacceptable. I think this should be eradicated from this thread.

Mods - is this something you can do?

I know nothing about weightlifting, but it was interesting to read these comments from these young males.

However, the downs comment is unacceptable. I think this should be eradicated from this thread.

Mods - is this something you can do?

Agreed, i apologize