Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have terrible hyperpigmentation from hormonal acne.

I have just started using copper peptides, and they seem to be helping dramatically in just a few days, but I still have far to go on my cheeks/chin.

I was wondering what type of peel I can do for best results, I have light to medium olive skin.

I am looking for something not too harsh, I tend to do well with Salicylic and Glycolic acids.

What about Lactic acid or TCA peels?

I found a website called perfectskin.net that sells what they call a gentle TCA peel, but a few of the before & after pix are identical to those shown on the American Academy of Dermatology site for Chem peels, so I am suspicious to say the least!

Anyone have any product advice on home peels for red hyperpigmentation?

I am having some luck with lactic acid peels, very gentle and effective over a period of time.

I get my lactic from www.puredeming.com but there are a lot of other good sites.

it like burned the zit off, the skin became white and peeled off, now theres like a burn on my face which is bigger than the zit was. Whatever, i dont even care cause I know that it will heal within the week

I have read that lactic acid is the best for hyperpigmentation, but it seems as though TCA has the most dramatic all around results.

I may try Lactic or Glycolic for a while, then TCA if I need it.

Any other ideas on places to get peels would be much appreciated, I would like to shop around.

Thanks all.

rolleyes.gif

If you don't have any clogged up pores, glycolic may be a good start. I ordered some from platinumskincare.com that was good (the 30%)...I tried unbuffered from another company but it was too harsh for me and burned my skin which healed but still.....the platinum skincare glycolic is a 2.5 ph i think and it was milder and I liked it more......

But, salicylic acid seems to work the best (much better than glycolic even) for me in terms of all around skin improvement.

I read on platinum skincare.com (i think it was that site) than salicylic 2% is as effcetive as glycolic 10% Not suer if this is true but it was MUCH more comatible with my skin. FYI salycilic is oil soluble and can really break up the oil clogging your pores, glycolic just breaks up dead skin from my experience and made me more oily.

I am going to try a glycolic peel from LaraChem.com, they look good and even supply doctors with high % peels. They have good shipping charges too.

I hope it works, but if I don't like it maybe I will go for salicylic, because I have good results with sal acid in other products.

Thanks.

Keep the ideas flowing!

:lol:

it like burned the zit off, the skin became white and peeled off, now theres like a burn on my face which is bigger than the zit was. Whatever, i dont even care cause I know that it will heal within the week