Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hii everyone=)

well ive been on the regimen for about 2months now and had some improvement just this month has been hell had this horriable

break out and i just feel like a failure coz i cant control my own skin and i keep telling myself no it will pass be patient BE POISITIVE im just feeling very low and losing hope at this point.

anyway sorry for ranting..

hii everyone=)

well ive been on the regimen for about 2months now and had some improvement just this month has been hell had this horriable

break out and i just feel like a failure coz i cant control my own skin and i keep telling myself no it will pass be patient BE POISITIVE im just feeling very low and losing hope at this point.

anyway sorry for ranting..

I feel you :(.

I've been having my acne dermatologicaly treated for the past 3 1/2 years, and I've tried everything on the market.

The first time my skin got exponentially better it felt so good, and then I got the worst inflammatory breakout I had ever experienced, that scarred me horribly.

I was SO discouraged. I would look at myself and cry. I just kept wondering when is this going to go away, all hope is lost. On top of that, I had just started seeing someone new, and I really liked him and I was afraid that he was going to leave me because of how horrible my face looked.

I got so self conscious. I was so down on myself for the longest time. Then I started new things. And then it came back again. And I'm being treated, AGAIN. With something new.

And I felt exactly how you did. That it was never going to get better, time seemed to go so slowly and I dreaded each new day.

But just remember that you're not a failure. Think about all the other times you've broken out, and how it DID eventually subside. What you're experiencing now you will not experience forever. I know how it feels right now, and it's easier to say that than believe it. But I promise you, it is going to get better very soon and just remember to look back on this moment and be able to make that connection of "wow, it really did clear up" and try to keep that in mind when you do breakout.

It's so so frustrating. I can't tell you how many people have your exact same feelings right now.

I know it feels like it's not ever going to get better, but it will with time. You might break out like that for a while longer until you find a treatment that works for you. But this is NOT by any means for life.

Everyone has their low points and their off days. Or off weeks, off months, for people like us with acne. But you have your whole life ahead of you, and it will subside I promise.

Oh and guess what. That guy who I was worried about is still with me, after a year and two months. Despite how it may seem, you DON'T have to crawl into a cave and stop the world. Try to focus on other things that make you happy or that you succeed in.

A lot of what causes illnesses and sometimes acne are all in your head. I know that's not how it is with acne in most cases, but if you stop thinking about it it'll reduce your stress level and help it go away on its own somewhat. For example, women with "ghost pregnancies". They think about being pregnant so much that they develop the symptoms, and their periods even stop. But it's all in their minds. If you constantly think about how horrible you think you look, or how badly you feel about your acne it will get worse. I know acne is caused by so many other factors, but a big part of it is psychological.

So please don't give up! You'll get through this!

Edited by olive14