Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demoiselle

I'm getting married...NEED ACCUTANE!!!

First off let me start by saying that I'm a somewhat regular. People may have seen me, but I would think my acne cleared up only to be disappointed in a month or 2 when it came back. And now that I'm getting married in September, I really want to look awesome for my pictures. So, I sought out a derm and she prescribed me Accutane! I'm on Claravis 40 mg twice daily. As of today it's officially the first night I've taken a pill so I don't have any side effects. I've already started my Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar since I was on Clinique Acne Solutions before and my skin was already dry. I figured I might as well hydrate before hand! I'm also using Clinique's Moisture Surge moisturizer to help my skin out.

I'm definitely a makeup dependent girl. I WILL NOT go outside without it. It's pretty sad. I have quite a few scars from my previous breakouts and it's just really horrible. When I was dress shopping with my mom I wanted to cry. I hate those stupid lights that they have in the stores. I looked like hell even though not 10 minutes before in my own bathroom I thought I looked awesome. :cry:

Anyways, it's going to be an interesting journey!! I just hope the headaches won't be too bad since I seem to get them a lot already.

I'll update with pics tomorrow. :)

Ugh..I know what you mean by those damn lights...I will think I am hot shit when I leave my house and then I catch a glimpse of myself at the store and wanna put a bag over my head and run out! I cant wait to be clear so my scar/red marks can heal...I just started yesterday so you are only a day behind me and my dosage is 60 mg although this week I decided to only do 30 to start...I hope you have amazing results for your wedding! Congrats on starting

Ugh..I know what you mean by those damn lights...I will think I am hot shit when I leave my house and then I catch a glimpse of myself at the store and wanna put a bag over my head and run out! I cant wait to be clear so my scar/red marks can heal...I just started yesterday so you are only a day behind me and my dosage is 60 mg although this week I decided to only do 30 to start...I hope you have amazing results for your wedding! Congrats on starting

Thank you!!! I hope your results are amazing as well. Can you post a link to your log so I can follow?

Thank you!!! I hope your results are amazing as well. Can you post a link to your log so I can follow?

Glad ya found me! I have no idea how to post a link to my log..do you?

So today was pretty uneventful other than my stomach has been hurting. I can't tell if it's because im drinking a TON of water or if its premenstrual cramps or a combination of both. It's not really bothering me, it's just annoying.

I dropped my engagement ring off at the jewelers today to get it re-sized so my finger feels naked. The guy said it should be done tomorrow but it could have to wait until Friday since he has the Gem Show to run as well. Boo. In October when DF first proposed we had it sized from a 5 to a 5.5 but now that it's cold and i've lost weight, it needs to go back to a 5. How much of a bummer is that?

I'm off to read Tempted from the House of Night series. Man, I love those books. I've included pictures. Please remember these are WITH makeup, and oddly enough I seemed to clear up quite a bit just in the past week. I may be brave to post some tonight, or you can look through my gallery at some previous ones.

post-22685-1265845895_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845901_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845907_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845911_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845895_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845901_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845907_thumb.jpg

post-22685-1265845911_thumb.jpg

Another thing in common....Same size ring finger! In the winter though even my 5 is a tad bit big but not to bad andit is nice and snug in the summer. I would not worry to much about you scars right now and I think like 6 months after your treatment you can have laser treatment or something..That is my plan!

Hey! Good luck and congrats on starting!

Thank you!!!

Day 3.....HOLY DRY EYES BATMAN!!! I don't think I'm going to be able to wear my contacts much longer. They bugged my eyes all day even with the Visine for Contact Lens Wearers being added as needed. It's time to wear my glasses....yaaaay. I feel drunk when I wear them. Like my depth perception is off. I've been thirsty too, like really thirsty. I can't get enough to drink it seems like. Other than those 2 things, nothing really major. I don't have any new breakouts yet which I expect some soon because I take my NuvaRing out on Saturday. We'll see.

PrettySpotty...I'm sure there is something in the help section that will show you how to add your log to your siggy, but you can go to the main page of your log and in the browser just copy and paste and then you can make a link with it that way. I'll look around the web some more to find info for you.

Day 4

I'm beginning to see the first signs of my skin drying out. My nose is peeling like crazy. Oh and I had to wear my glasses today at work, which I think gave me a headache because I'm not used to wearing them. It took 3 Excedrin to get rid of the headache. Either that or the headache was from the Accutane. I'm thinking a little bit of both, altho I regularly get headaches, so I can't really tell for sure.

I went cake tasting for my wedding cake today. I ended up getting a 3 tier, round pink champagne cake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting with fondant covering it. There is going to be some decoration on it too, like flowers in purple fondant. It looks really cool. If I can find the picture I'll link it later. It's going to cost $500 and one of my bridesmaids said she would pay for it as a wedding gift to us. That was a big help, but I don't know if I want her spending that much on it. We'll see.

There isn't really a whole lot to report, other than my nose and eyes being dry and my headache. I have noticed I'm a little bit shiny-er throughout the day, but I'm sure it will go away pretty quickly as the dryness spreads to beyond my nose.

I got some flowers from my fiance today at work too. They are so pretty! I guess when they dropped them off the delivery guy said he would call him to tell him they were delivered and the secretary was like "Uhh, he's in Iraq so he's probably not going to answer." So I think they said they were going to send him an email then. I have yet to talk to him tonight, so I'm not sure if they sent him delivery confirmation. Oh well.

I'm off to read. I hope everyone has an awesome V-Day!!

Find a picture of that cake and post it! It sounds frikin yummy! That is great your guy sent the flowers...so sweet! I told mine he better not send me anything, I am not a fan of Valentines day really...I like giving things but not getting them so we will see. So when does he get back from Iraq? Even though your use to getting headaches maybe they are from your dry eyes, ya think?

Find a picture of that cake and post it! It sounds frikin yummy! That is great your guy sent the flowers...so sweet! I told mine he better not send me anything, I am not a fan of Valentines day really...I like giving things but not getting them so we will see. So when does he get back from Iraq? Even though your use to getting headaches maybe they are from your dry eyes, ya think?

I'm not sure really. The headache is still here today and I was able to put in my contacts. Actually, I think it's more of a migraine than anything else seeing as how it comes back right as the Excedrin wears off and then I have to take more.

I am definitely seeing more dryness today. I've been peeling around any active acne I have, and quite a bit on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. No new acne yet. I guess that's a good thing! LOL.

Oh here is a picture of the cake...

Edited by demoiselle

Day...OMG I LOST COUNT! Oh no wait, it's 6.

I am definitely experiencing dry skin, although it still feels oily in places. It's incredibly annoying, and the peeling thing does NOT look good with makeup, as I realized today while going to a Daytona 500 party. I wanted to hide, and it's only going to get worse now. Great...just what I need.

I have this problem at picking at my chapped lips. I really need to stop, because I'm just going to make it much worse than it needs to be. I just gotta remember to keep chapstick on them at all times so that I don't feel the bumps. That's when I'll start picking at them. Because it bugs me.

I'm pretty worried, because next week I'll be outside for pretty much all of the day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have an arsenal of sunscreen and a hat as well, but I have no clue how my skin is going to do. I'll be doing everything in my power not to get burned, that's for sure.

Nothing too fantastic to update about. Back to the weekday grind tomorrow and the incredibly stressful atmosphere that is my work...the co-workers don't really help either. Yaaaay...

Ugh...I keep picking the skin off my damn lips too....If I keep them slathered up then its not a problem but the minute it starts to wear off I am picking at them...This will be a very long 4-6 months! Oh and by the way I am totally in love with your cake and if I ever get married for the 3rd time I just might steal the design!

Ugh...I keep picking the skin off my damn lips too....If I keep them slathered up then its not a problem but the minute it starts to wear off I am picking at them...This will be a very long 4-6 months! Oh and by the way I am totally in love with your cake and if I ever get married for the 3rd time I just might steal the design!

HAHA!! Steal away! I did!! I love theknot.com for all their ideas.

So tonight I mixed up my routine and did a little gentle exfoliating with a wash cloth. Seemed to work pretty well at getting a lot of the dead skin off my face! The true test will be tomorrow!!

HAHA!! Steal away! I did!! I love theknot.com for all their ideas.

So tonight I mixed up my routine and did a little gentle exfoliating with a wash cloth. Seemed to work pretty well at getting a lot of the dead skin off my face! The true test will be tomorrow!!

Keep me posted..I have been slapping 70,000 IU viatmin e oil or the raw unrefined shea butter everynight and the dry skin is only a problem when I wash so far.

I, too, pick at my dry lips. I did it even before starting Accutane. I really need to stop because picking just leads to more picking.

Oh, and that cake is beautiful, by the way.

So today was pretty uneventful other than my stomach has been hurting. I can't tell if it's because im drinking a TON of water or if its premenstrual cramps or a combination of both. It's not really bothering me, it's just annoying.

I dropped my engagement ring off at the jewelers today to get it re-sized so my finger feels naked. The guy said it should be done tomorrow but it could have to wait until Friday since he has the Gem Show to run as well. Boo. In October when DF first proposed we had it sized from a 5 to a 5.5 but now that it's cold and i've lost weight, it needs to go back to a 5. How much of a bummer is that?

I'm off to read Tempted from the House of Night series. Man, I love those books. I've included pictures. Please remember these are WITH makeup, and oddly enough I seemed to clear up quite a bit just in the past week. I may be brave to post some tonight, or you can look through my gallery at some previous ones.

MMM I Think i have the solution for the ICE PICK SCARS IN YOUR FACE you just gotta use this SOOTHING CARE CHAFING RELIEF POWDER GEL just put it into face and then put your makeup at the top of the SOOTHING CARE CHAFING RELIEF POWDER GEL im just trying to help this work for my friends with that tipe of scars

You can find it at any drug store or at cvs store

Thanks, is it like Monistat? I do have some face primer from BE that helps fill in lines and scars to help even out the foundation, but if that is cheaper and won't make me break out, I'm definitely about trying it!

Day 7

Today was a little bit better in regards to the flakiness showing through my makeup. I had used the washcloth to GENTLY remove the dead skin cells. I noticed when I got out of the shower that I was REALLY red after that, and pretty much was all day despite the fact that I had makeup on. I've invested in some SPF 50 face protection from MAC that is supposed to be really awesome. The true test will be this weekend!!!

I've kept a pretty good water intake. I'm not sure if I'm at the 6 glasses a day, but I know I at least drank 2 liters. I was so incredibly thirsty!!! But, I guess it happens when your drying out all over the place. One crazy thing I noticed was that the inside of my nose is peeling. It hurts like crazy so I went to my works Outpatient Pharmacy and picked up some nose soother (don't know the exact name) and it was pretty much like putting chapstick on the inside of your nose. It burned like you would not believe. But, I was able to breathe after that!!!

I was also able to wear my contacts today without them bothering me. Well, up until now but I've had them in for a good 12+ hours. Which reminds me, I need to make an appointment to get new contacts. I've heard some wonderful things about Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear. Has anyone tried them that can give me some reviews?!

I, too, pick at my dry lips. I did it even before starting Accutane. I really need to stop because picking just leads to more picking.

Oh, and that cake is beautiful, by the way.

Also, since I forgot this in my last post....THANK YOU! I hope it comes out the way it is in the picture. Sometimes it eats at you because you want things to be perfect. I have 7 more months before I can update and tell you guys (and show you) how it actually looks. Cross your fingers for me! HEHE.

I am just hoping that by the time you get hitched we will be good enough friends that you will actually send a piece of that bitch on some dry ice! LOL I mean you will be a military wife then and in this family there is a special code we follow...Take care of the other wives! I WANT THAT CAKE!

I am just hoping that by the time you get hitched we will be good enough friends that you will actually send a piece of that bitch on some dry ice! LOL I mean you will be a military wife then and in this family there is a special code we follow...Take care of the other wives! I WANT THAT CAKE!

HAHA!! That's hilarious! I wonder how much it is to send something with dry ice....

Check into it and I'll send ya the cash! For real yo! I love wedding cake! Before my ex husband went active duty he worked as a wedding photographer and he did like 3 weddings a weekend for a year straight he would bring me a piece of cake from all of them......It was when I was prego with our daughter and I think that had something to do with the almost 70 lb weight gain!

Day 8

Today was a pretty good day overall. I went to Walgreens after work and bought some Neosporin Lip Health Daily Hydration Therapy with SPF 20. It's really smooth and it feels really good on. I've noticed that my lips are taking a huge hit hydration wise. I looked in the mirror at work, and a layer of skin was trying to come off of my lips, so I helped it along because it felt weird and looked odd.

I don't know if I'm going to end up kicking myself in a week, but i bought some MAC foundation that is gel based and really hydrating and my skin looked awesome all day. You could only tell I was peeling if you were basically up right next to me and really looking at my skin. I actually got compliments with people saying that my skin is glowing. I think they are full of it. LOL.

Pretty Spotty...I can understand the weight gain...wedding cake is awesome! The taste testing was enough to give me a headache from all that sugar. I'll have to look into sending you a piece. :)

I am totally teasing you...but send away if ya feel the need! Congrats on the lip health..I have been singing iabout it for about a month now! I am addicted to it...