Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 2...........Hi, My name is Wendy and I am a 28 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter and a 2 year old son, My husband is serving in Iraq for the 4th time and my ex-husband and father of my daughter was killed while serving in Afghanistan in Aug of 2009 and that is when my face took a turn for the worst. I never had a pimple until I was about 19 but it was rare, after my daughter was born when I ws 21 it became more frequent but still manageable. When my husband deployed in July it was getting bad but I could still cover it well with makeup and then BAM..We get the call that my daughters father had been shot in the head and passed away 2 days later and my face went fucking crazy..I am not kidding it is so so bad and even if I dont touch it it leaves an angry red mark that then turns purple and then brown before going away and I have way to many of them to count and I look deformed...it is so not sexy and my husband has never seen me like this and he is due to come home mid March so I am pretty much screwed in the looks department until this medicine kicks in and starts to help. I am just praying to be over the IB by the time he gets home so I dont have massive lumps all over my face..I can deal with all the marks because they are smooth but it is hard to cover mountains under your skin with makeup and look normal. So anywho my family has never seen me looking this way since they all live far away and I have avoided chatting with the hubby on the webcam because of how bad it is, I tell him how bad it is but dont want him to see it...yet anyway. I am 5'3 and I weigh 109 lbs, my Dr has put me on 60 mg of Claravis but I am only gonna take 30 mg this week and then start at the 60 next week and see how that goes, he said if the IB gets really bad I can have prednisone for it but I will try and tough it out. Thanks for reading all this crap and I am gonna try and post some scary pics for ya! :dance: Oh and 90% of what you see on my face is old marks and about 5% healing and 5% active..I warned you it was bad!

These pictures were taken about 3 days before starting...........

post-122248-1265771154_thumb.jpg

post-122248-1265771173_thumb.jpg

post-122248-1265771154_thumb.jpg

post-122248-1265771173_thumb.jpg

Edited by PrettySpotty!

I found your log! We have some major stuff in common. My fiance is in Iraq right now. He's a 2nd Lt in the Air Force. I'm so sorry to hear about your ex husband being killed in Afghanistan. /hugs

If you ever need to talk im just a PM away!

I found your log! We have some major stuff in common. My fiance is in Iraq right now. He's a 2nd Lt in the Air Force. I'm so sorry to hear about your ex husband being killed in Afghanistan. /hugs

If you ever need to talk im just a PM away!

How crazy..My hubby was in the Air Force before he joined the Army! He is in Special Forces now and has been doing that for the past 4 years, before that he was a Sapper which is basically a bomb guy! Deployments are tough because he is gone so often..in and out going here and there all the time. Thanks for your condolence, my daughter and her father were very close and dealing with all this while my husband is deployed has been a total nightmare.

My boyfriend is going to Texas for basic training for the Air Force in June-- I just hope that sine he is planning to go into EOD he won't be gone quite so much. :[ I totally feel for you and I'm so sorry you've had to go through all that mess. :comfort: You're a strong woman to be sure!

Good luck on starting Accutane! I'm starting my second course in March so I'll definitely be following your log to see what I've got to look forward to.

By the way-- your skin doesn't look half as bad as you think it does, I promise. :]

My boyfriend is going to Texas for basic training for the Air Force in June-- I just hope that sine he is planning to go into EOD he won't be gone quite so much. :[ I totally feel for you and I'm so sorry you've had to go through all that mess. :comfort: You're a strong woman to be sure!

Good luck on starting Accutane! I'm starting my second course in March so I'll definitely be following your log to see what I've got to look forward to.

By the way-- your skin doesn't look half as bad as you think it does, I promise. :]

Hey how long were u clear from your first course?

Thanks for stopping by my log! Just think... 5 months and we'll have picture perfect skin! You have to tell me how you posted your pictures... apparently I'm not capable of even the simplest of tasks. Confused!

Thanks for stopping by my log! Just think... 5 months and we'll have picture perfect skin! You have to tell me how you posted your pictures... apparently I'm not capable of even the simplest of tasks. Confused!

I uploaded them in the attachment section and then clicked manage current attachments then you can paste them into your log...it took me a little bit to figure it out!

The last thing you said to me...made my damn eyes tear up! I am such a baby. It is so strange but when someone who has great skin says something like that to me it does not mean anything, but someone else who struggles with it say's that and it means the world because you know they can relate! Thanks so much and tell your BF good luck in Basic..even though he doesnt start till June!

Hey - thanks for the comment on my blog, so in turn, I'll return the favour and begin to stalk this one. I'm sorry to hear about your ex. My friend's boyfriend is starting in Iraq in three-ish months, so I'm sure she'll keep me up to date on all that.

May I ask what prednisone is? I see it on here all the time and have no clue.

Hey - thanks for the comment on my blog, so in turn, I'll return the favour and begin to stalk this one. I'm sorry to hear about your ex. My friend's boyfriend is starting in Iraq in three-ish months, so I'm sure she'll keep me up to date on all that.

May I ask what prednisone is? I see it on here all the time and have no clue.

Prednisone is a steroid pill that reduces inflamation like if your having a very bad breakout they can write you a script for a few weeks of it but really nothing more since steroids are not good to take and they weaken your immune system, Hope that helps ya out! And thanks for stopping by!

Hey I just wanted to wish you well as you start. I'll be following your log since we are starting almost exactly at the same time!

Day 3...... So as the day progressed I got about 10 of the smallest whiteheads I have ever seen in my life, about 7 on my left cheek and 3 on my right. I also feel something popping up on the rightside of my forehead about an inch from my hairline. No real side effects this soon in my treatment, I assume things may pick up when I double my dosage on Monday though. My daughter has her Valentines party at school tomorrow so we had to go to Safeway and get her some cookies and things to take to her class, other than that I pretty much did nothing all day. I did get some kick ass e-liquid in the mail today and it is super yummy...e-liquid is nicotine liquid for the use in Electronic cigs or personal vaporizors as I like to call them and they have been a godsend to me since Sept. There is no second hand smoke, no cancer risk and it is safe and legal to use them anywhere you want and it feels like your smoking! So if your a smoker or what to know more about it just ask me! :D

Day 3...... So as the day progressed I got about 10 of the smallest whiteheads I have ever seen in my life, about 7 on my left cheek and 3 on my right. I also feel something popping up on the rightside of my forehead about an inch from my hairline. No real side effects this soon in my treatment, I assume things may pick up when I double my dosage on Monday though. My daughter has her Valentines party at school tomorrow so we had to go to Safeway and get her some cookies and things to take to her class, other than that I pretty much did nothing all day. I did get some kick ass e-liquid in the mail today and it is super yummy...e-liquid is nicotine liquid for the use in Electronic cigs or personal vaporizors as I like to call them and they have been a godsend to me since Sept. There is no second hand smoke, no cancer risk and it is safe and legal to use them anywhere you want and it feels like your smoking! So if your a smoker or what to know more about it just ask me! :D

My mom wanted to start that stuff, but she said it's kind of expensive. Where do you get yours from?

I'm glad your not getting any real side effects yet! My eyes are crazy dry!! It's driving me insane.

Thanks for visiting my log! Looks like were on similar Accutane paths, i.e. similar dosages for our weight. Did your Doc recommend only starting at 30? or was that your decision. I was prescribed 80 to start but am planning on doing 40 for a week then upping it.

My mom wanted to start that stuff, but she said it's kind of expensive. Where do you get yours from?

I'm glad your not getting any real side effects yet! My eyes are crazy dry!! It's driving me insane.

Hey! There is this website caledl cig not .com (one word) and check out the joye 510..it is the best and only $35 or so..then instead of buying new cartridges just but e -liquid and refil your own, you can get a big bottle for about $10. it is actually much cheaper than smoking after the initial purchase! Sorry about your eyes..mine are not bothering me yet but my few little whiteheads and my scalp are itching like MAD..its a trade off I guess!

Thanks for visiting my log! Looks like were on similar Accutane paths, i.e. similar dosages for our weight. Did your Doc recommend only starting at 30? or was that your decision. I was prescribed 80 to start but am planning on doing 40 for a week then upping it.

Thanks for stopping in! I left ya a message on your page about this!

I got those weird little whitehead things too! Must be some sort of accutane-defective zits.

To the person above who asked how long my skin was clear post-Accutane: my skin was entirely clear for about five months or so. It then slowly returned to its former state. First it was only mild, but steadily worsened over the past few years. Now it's certainly not the worst ever, but it's still pretty bad. I would say at least moderate, borderline severe. I get mostly whiteheads and often a cyst or two. And I greatly exacerbate the problem with compulsive, constant skin-picking. :[

@PrettySpotty: I know what you mean about hearing compliments from other acne-sufferers. I'm glad it made you happy. (By the way, I'm a huge baby, too. Everything makes me tear up. It's really quite sad.) Accutane is a scary thing to go through and we all need to boost each other up and try our best to keep the positivity going strong. And thank you-- I really hope Jared does well at basic. I hope they don't completely rip him to pieces there. By the way, since you're a military wife, I'm probably going to inundate you with questions. :] Just a warning!

To the person above who asked how long my skin was clear post-Accutane: my skin was entirely clear for about five months or so. It then slowly returned to its former state. First it was only mild, but steadily worsened over the past few years. Now it's certainly not the worst ever, but it's still pretty bad. I would say at least moderate, borderline severe. I get mostly whiteheads and often a cyst or two. And I greatly exacerbate the problem with compulsive, constant skin-picking. :[

@PrettySpotty: I know what you mean about hearing compliments from other acne-sufferers. I'm glad it made you happy. (By the way, I'm a huge baby, too. Everything makes me tear up. It's really quite sad.) Accutane is a scary thing to go through and we all need to boost each other up and try our best to keep the positivity going strong. And thank you-- I really hope Jared does well at basic. I hope they don't completely rip him to pieces there. By the way, since you're a military wife, I'm probably going to inundate you with questions. :] Just a warning!

Your pretty awesome! Feel free to question away...I am a 2 time Military wife and have been at it for the past 11 years so I know my way around all the crazy Military drama...crap and confusion!

I got those weird little whitehead things too! Must be some sort of accutane-defective zits.

Yea..They are strange..not big at all but they are itching me like crazy!

Day 5........

So its day 5 and my face is pretty much the same since day 3, The super tiny whiteheads are sorta still here but going away slowly and nothing new since then. The thing that was coming up on my forehead was actually an inflamed whitehead that went away while washing my face yesterday and didnt leave a scab so that is always good! One thing that is weird is that I have never had acne or anything on my chest and now I have like a clogged pore between my boobs, it is just like a bump, no redness or anything so who knows how that will turn out. My scalp is itching like crazy off and on but I may massage my scalp with some shea butter before I wash it and see if that helps. My lips are a tiny bit dry but the neosporin Lip treatment is working magic on them and I only apply it like 2 times a day. Anywho that is all for now and I'm sorry its not more exciting.....Hope your all doing well!

My log isn't all that exciting either right now. We're just in the beginning stages. Give it another week and I'm sure we'll both be cursing the Accutane. LOL!

My log isn't all that exciting either right now. We're just in the beginning stages. Give it another week and I'm sure we'll both be cursing the Accutane. LOL!

So true..I am sure when I up my dose in a few days things may change!

Day 6.........

My va-jay jay is driving me crazy...It is itching like crazy and not like an infection itch like an I'm dry as the sahara dessert itch. It is a good thing I am wearing sweat pants today and can sorta scratch through them cause otherwise I would be wearing jeans and doing the Al Bundy....That is just not ok. So I guess since my mom is almost 60 she probably has a dry va-jay jay and may be able to suggest a crotchal moisturizer! My face is the same and my lips are a bit more dry!