Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

Accutane and Gluten intolerance?

I had severe acne, not cyst but alot of white heads. I have recently discovered that gluten was a big cause for my acne. After only cutting it out for two weeks I see amazing results. I'm not sure if this is the only cause for my acne. Should I go on accutane?

Would accutane cure acne that is cause because of gluten intolerance? Would my acne come back once I stop accutane, and if I sometimes eat gluten?

Thanks.

If gluten intolerance truly is the reason for your acne then accutane wont change that fact.

If you go on accutane it will clear you up regardless of whether you eat gluten or not but once you come off it, if you keep eating gluten you will keep breaking out.

In my opinion accutane doesnt cure acne, it gets rid of it, but acne is a result of an internal disorder and no amount of accutane can cure an internal disorder, accutane just creates an external environment where acne cannot occur.

If gluten intolerance truly is the reason for your acne then accutane wont change that fact.

If you go on accutane it will clear you up regardless of whether you eat gluten or not but once you come off it, if you keep eating gluten you will keep breaking out.

In my opinion accutane doesnt cure acne, it gets rid of it, but acne is a result of an internal disorder and no amount of accutane can cure an internal disorder, accutane just creates an external environment where acne cannot occur.

Wow. Thanks very much! :D :clap: