Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tha Caveman

Finally got Accutane!

Finally after all the insurance problems I got Accutane.

Been waiting for it for quite some time now.

For the first month I was issued 40mg, and then it will be upped most likely next month.

I know I don't have really bad acne, but the red marks take their toll on me as my acne is extremely persistant. Wish me the best of luck and I hope you enjoy my log!

DAY ONE!

picture included.

-Feelin pretty good, just had to drive 30 min there and back to get my prescription in the SNOW! It was rough, but I got it.

-Got about 4 big whiteheads that popped up, and are pretty painful

-Not a whole lot to say, gonna ride this out and see what happens!

post-117281-1265758472_thumb.jpg

post-117281-1265758472_thumb.jpg

Me too! I'm sure it'll work. You seem like a great candidate for it! I'm just hoping to be clear before college. I'd take summer too though! Haha!

DAY 5

-I went out today for the first time in a while and it was really nice to say the least. I feel amazing. Actually got a valentines date comin up too :D

-my face looks alot better, getting whiteheads near my chin area but they seem to go away pretty fast.

-felt very sad the first 2 days, but now I'm so much better off

-definitely saw the light when I got outta the shower today to find all my whiteheads popped in there and I was looking generally pretty clear

-hopefully this puts an end to whiteheads.

DAY 6:

-went rock climbing today, really kept my mind off the whole acne situation.. I'm starting to feel like myself again!

-alot of redness popped up overnight, is this normal?

-also got more oil production.

feedback would be cool!

Best of luck man! You seem to have the right attitude going into your treatment, and that's a plus.

I know what you mean about trying to keep your mind off your acne, I do that too, and I find that if I really concentrate it helps. :]

thanks dude!

yeah it really does help. sometimes I get in those "ehhh" moods where I just wanna stay at home but I have this one friend who's always doin outdoor stuff and I usually tag along.

ultimate frisbee completely gets my mind off of it.

I was playing over the summer when mine was pretty damn bad and when I played I didn't even think about it because everything is so fast paced and requires so much attention.

I'm just trying to ride out the storm and keep the right attitude :D

thanks dude!

yeah it really does help. sometimes I get in those "ehhh" moods where I just wanna stay at home but I have this one friend who's always doin outdoor stuff and I usually tag along.

ultimate frisbee completely gets my mind off of it.

I was playing over the summer when mine was pretty damn bad and when I played I didn't even think about it because everything is so fast paced and requires so much attention.

I'm just trying to ride out the storm and keep the right attitude :D

hhaha awesome i rock climb and frisbee as well! i LOVE the outdoors... but i havent been going or doing much for the past couple years b/c of acne!!!! I would LOVE to go backpacking for a week or over the weekend but i worry way to much about my skin (since it wont be washed and stuff while backpacking) but hopefullyyyy acutane will help me with that!!! :) what else do u like to do outdoors?

Edited by sdsurunner07

ah I love ultimate so much <3

I love to surf and skimboard alot as well.

also when I get my camera when I'm 18 (in less that a month! XD) i'll get into some photography outside.

ah as of today, well, let's just say my body let someone in... by the name of breakout, initial.

>.< I was inivited over my friends house, ex girlfriends to be exact, and I just really couldn't keep my composure. I felt horrible for her seeing me like this. sigh.. flash forward to 3 or 4 months, please. I couldn't even look her in the face and every now and then she would ask me what's wrong, I would just have to say nothing. it honestly hit me today how much acne has struck my confidence. I was a completely different person before this mess. it's nothing like it used to be this past summer, since it was pretty severe, I just cannot interact like I used to be able to.

hoping for the best to everyone on this. I'm really hoping this drug does the trick because if it does this mood will all be forgotten.

the breakout seems just like a bunch of whiteheads.

thank you so much.

I really do appreciate each and everyone of your's support.

it's helping me cope with this so much easier.

I used to think I was alone in how this went on in my head, and its really relieving to know that there are other ppl just like me

just to give you an idea of what's going on.

pictures always made me keep reading in accutane logs.

does this look normal for the first week?

sorry, I'm just freakin out.

post-117281-1266299859_thumb.jpg

post-117281-1266299859_thumb.jpg

ah I love ultimate so much <3

I love to surf and skimboard alot as well.

also when I get my camera when I'm 18 (in less that a month! XD) i'll get into some photography outside.

ah as of today, well, let's just say my body let someone in... by the name of breakout, initial.

>.< I was inivited over my friends house, ex girlfriends to be exact, and I just really couldn't keep my composure. I felt horrible for her seeing me like this. sigh.. flash forward to 3 or 4 months, please. I couldn't even look her in the face and every now and then she would ask me what's wrong, I would just have to say nothing. it honestly hit me today how much acne has struck my confidence. I was a completely different person before this mess. it's nothing like it used to be this past summer, since it was pretty severe, I just cannot interact like I used to be able to.

hoping for the best to everyone on this. I'm really hoping this drug does the trick because if it does this mood will all be forgotten.

the breakout seems just like a bunch of whiteheads.

hey man hang in there. i def know how your feeling.... im going through the same thing right now... once your ib is over. its semi smooth sailing though! you KNOW acne is going to be come every day that comes by. so hang in there man!

Good luck starting acutanne :)

I have a question im going to the derm february 21 in 5 DAYS !!! i know he will prescribe me accutane because last time (1 month ago) i told my derm to prescribe me accutane he said i gotta try the last resort after he prescribe me accutane so he prescribe me a antibiotic and he said if nothing improves in 1 month he will prescribe me accutane so this 21 will be 1 month and my acne is looking bad so i know he will prescribe me accutane but the question is

AFTER HE PRESCRIBE ME ACCUTANE FEBRUARY 21 IN HOW MANY DAYS I WILL FINISH THE LIVER TEST AND EVERYTHING THEY DO BEFORE PUT ME ON ACCUTANE ? I WANT KNOW A DATE WENT I WILL TAKE MY FIRST PILL OF ACCUTANE ? PLEASE HELP GIVE ME YOUR OPINION

Edited by BigBuck

I had the same thing last week when I started...Got a bunch of whiteheads..a few turned to actives but nothing major and I have dealt with alot worse in the past. Stay positive and remember this will all pass and soon we will have clear breakout free skin! Good Luck

I have a question im going to the derm february 21 in 5 DAYS !!! i know he will prescribe me accutane because last time (1 month ago) i told my derm to prescribe me accutane he said i gotta try the last resort after he prescribe me accutane so he prescribe me a antibiotic and he said if nothing improves in 1 month he will prescribe me accutane so this 21 will be 1 month and my acne is looking bad so i know he will prescribe me accutane but the question is

AFTER HE PRESCRIBE ME ACCUTANE FEBRUARY 21 IN HOW MANY DAYS I WILL FINISH THE LIVER TEST AND EVERYTHING THEY DO BEFORE PUT ME ON ACCUTANE ? I WANT KNOW A DATE WENT I WILL TAKE MY FIRST PILL OF ACCUTANE ? PLEASE HELP GIVE ME YOUR OPINION

I was worried too but basically when I went and he prescribed me accutane, I was given a prescription form that I could go to a Rite Aid and pick it up. but it wasn't activated until they got the positive results from my blood test. I took the blood test the very same day and 3 days later I got the go to go ahead and get it and start.

thanks for your support guys!

it really means the world to me right now.

I was worried too but basically when I went and he prescribed me accutane, I was given a prescription form that I could go to a Rite Aid and pick it up. but it wasn't activated until they got the positive results from my blood test. I took the blood test the very same day and 3 days later I got the go to go ahead and get it and start.

thanks for your support guys!

it really means the world to me right now.

Alright thanx for your information , im happy that the day is comming :)

Good luck for you.

thank you everyone!

question.

is it alright to wash my face with cetaphil cleanser?

and sometimes whiteheads pop in the shower, I'm not sure if thats good or bad.

everythings looking good I guess, had a ton of whiteheads this morning but now they're ALL gone.

gosh, this trip has been up and down.

DAY 8:

-Huge amount of whiteheads, they come and go though

-Pretty painful whiteheads, but they seem to come and go quickly as anything

-Skin is definitely drying out in face, and looks like on hands as well

-Lips are dry as shit now! I'm applying lipbalm constantly, and it does help control it

Going through this IB is definitely hard, but I'm trying to keep my head positive. It's fucking HARD though. I'm getting there, however.

Showers are pretty much the best part of my day cause I feel so damn clean, and my face usually clears up a little bit afterwards.

As for accutane, if it really does work, how I'm feeling right now is pretty much no different than when I was breaking out before using it. I feel a little better knowing that it's accutane breaking me out, but for a good reason.. hopefully it's just getting all this stuff out and it'll clear up. Might as well keep my head up high until it's over, and we'll take it from there.

Cmon acne, hit me with your best shot now. Your going DOWN.