Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am beyond excited. after lurking for a while now, i finally decided to post... and why is this? because TOMORROW i take my final pregnancy test so that i can get my accutane prescription!

finally, the day has come. i'm 27 and have had acne since college... it's gotten really bad lately and has really been tough for me to deal with. i can't wait for the day to be able to leave the house w/o taking 15 minutes to put on concealer!

wish me luck. it's gonna be a long journey but i'm ready for it! :D

Edited by Soul Sister

Good luck! Getting Accutane is a pain in the booty if you're female. I almost had a nervous breakdown trying to get mine because of all of the red tape, but I finally got it! Yesterday was my first day.

Keep us updated on your progress and GOOD LUCK! :D

thanks guys! i absolutely feel like i'm jumping through hoops but i think that the prescription has finally been called in and i should be able to get it today or tomorrow! :dance:

ok, quick question. i know that a lot of people recommend Cetaphil and CeraVe as a moisturizer. my question is lotion or cream? and the same with Eucerin.... there are so many different types that I find myself completely confused. I already use Aquaphor - that stuff is awesome but i only use it on my lips. what do you guys think?

Congatulations on starting Accutane! :hifive:

Yeah, there's a LOT of mess you have to go through to get the stuff. It's crazy. But once you get the first pack of pills on your hands, it will be awesome! I'm due to start in March (my SECOND course of Accutane) and I'm super excited. I'll be following your progress : D Good luck!

By the way-- I use Cetaphil lotion and I love it. :]

ok, so i'm gonna go with the cetaphil lotion... i like it so far but it just seems kind of thin and watery. i'm only on day two and my face is itching! knowing me, i'm probably imagining it :rolleyes:

mark.paul: hell yes! i'm ready to be done with acne... i'm too old for these shenanigans!

Good luck! Getting Accutane is a pain in the booty if you're female. I almost had a nervous breakdown trying to get mine because of all of the red tape, but I finally got it! Yesterday was my first day.

Keep us updated on your progress and GOOD LUCK! :D

I almost had a nervous breakdown waiting to start accutane as well!! My derm told me I had to take birth control for 3 months before he would consider prescribing me accutane. This would prove I was "serious" about it. That was BS. And I cried in his office after he told me that. I was kinda forced to stay with him because I didnt have insurance and he was cutting me major deals. I could be almost done with my course now, if he had prescribed it to me way back then.

hey, good luck with your treatment. For now, I would use the lotion and as you get drier you can switch to a cream if needed. Let your skin tell you what you need and remember to drink lots of water!

thanks for the advice everybody! i'll definitely start w/ the cream once my face starts feeling dryer.

day 5:

ahhhh! my face is so itchy! and it's really weird but i have some pain around my nose - almost like there are a few zits growing under the skin but there are no bumps. i can't tell if it's just really dry skin or if i'm starting the big IB. fantastic!

i have been getting headaches lately. this is not too strange, though, b/c i do get headaches a lot. of course i was in a panic last night and thought my brain was swelling or something.... it's gonna be a long road, folks.

Hey the ichtyness went away after a couple of days ago... make sure you moisturize a LOT. Dryness will come soooon. Thats what happened to me. I'll be keeping up to date on your log! post some pics! i think its good to see progress :)

day 6, oh god, only day 6....

ok, so today was really freaking annoying. not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or what but my lower back was hurting all day aaaaand my face and scalp were itching like crazy. my body just feels different today and i really am not totally sure why. of course, i'm always SUPER tired on monday but today i felt really off. my lips are kind of dry but no big deal really. i've been using aquaphor like a crazy person so maybe it's helping. in a few different places on my face i can feel some activity under the skin but no bumps yet... just hurts a little bit, like something is in growing in there.

it sucks going to work and having to worry about how your face looks. i find myself constantly looking in the mirror just to make sure nothing is oozing, no scabs are falling off, and all of my spots are sufficiently covered. i can't wait until i don't have to worry about it anymore! that is going to be so fantastic...

kernel panic: thanks for the good luck! good luck to you as well!

sdsurunner07: ahhhh! i'd welcome dryness now. the itch is terrible. i'll get around to posting pictures soon!

prettyspotty!: i dunno if it's because i read about your lady town problems or not but i swear today i was having the same issue! it's better now but i swear, if you cursed me.... kidding! :)

day 6, oh god, only day 6....

ok, so today was really freaking annoying. not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me or what but my lower back was hurting all day aaaaand my face and scalp were itching like crazy. my body just feels different today and i really am not totally sure why. of course, i'm always SUPER tired on monday but today i felt really off. my lips are kind of dry but no big deal really. i've been using aquaphor like a crazy person so maybe it's helping. in a few different places on my face i can feel some activity under the skin but no bumps yet... just hurts a little bit, like something is in growing in there.

it sucks going to work and having to worry about how your face looks. i find myself constantly looking in the mirror just to make sure nothing is oozing, no scabs are falling off, and all of my spots are sufficiently covered. i can't wait until i don't have to worry about it anymore! that is going to be so fantastic...

My skin, and scalp especially, itched very much around day five. It could be mental, but it happened to me too.

I know how you feel about the oozing and gushing! I worry about that too. It will be truly amazing when I can go places without worrying about my skin and makeup. Hopefully I won't even have to wear any! How great would that be?

Good luck and don't get discouraged by the little beasts that are moving out. They're not coming back! ;)

ok seriously guys, why does my nose hurt so much?! it's such a weird sensation. almost like a sunburn... almost like zits forming under the skin. i'm guessing it has to do w/ the oil drying up but really i'm kind of pulling that out of my tushy. it's funny - anything that feels wrong - or hurty - on me is being blamed on accutane. my big toe is a little sore. accutane! my right armpit is sweating more than the left one. accutane! it's getting to be a bit much.... moving on...

jerichoa: YES! those little beasts BEST be moving along because we deserve to be confident enough to not have to check the mirror every .3 seconds!

prettyspotty: haahah, i have lots of names for it. lady town is definitely one of my faves though! how's it going?!

day 9.

side effects: suuuuper dry and painful lips, itchy scalp, skin on face is a bit flaky but nothing too bad. still waiting for the big IB. feeling a little bit sad but i doubt it's the accutane (lots of stuff going on...)

nothing else really to report... i hope everyone is doing really awesome with their course!

The great folks in lady town are settling down a bit! Face is a bit more dry and flaky but not horrible..Lips are total shit and my scalp is falling off in chunks because it is so dry and itchy..but other than that everything is cake! Thanks for askin! :D

I hope you can start to feel less sad..Life sucks balls sometimes but not as much as I do!

Edited by PrettySpotty!

day 12! hey everybody!

gahhhh!! the folks in lady town are freaking out! i have no idea what the problem is but it's reallllly starting to irritate me. i'm not sure if this little problem is from the accutane or just a coincidence. but wow, it sucks. probably TMI, but i've been walkin around like somebody put itching powder down my pants hahaha!

my lips have been dry on and off. kinda peely... is that a word? my face is dry in the morning but isnt too bad after i shower and slather on the cetaphil lotion/cream. my scalp is still itchy but again, nothing too bad. i'm wondering if the side effects are going to get worse... and i still haven't had an IB. i do have a few new little monsters under the skin on my chin but they actually seem to be getting smaller now. it does seem like any blackheads i have are getting pushed out from the inside. it looks pretty gross if you look up close. i hope these go away soon....

i've been using a humidifier every night in the hopes of keeping a bit of moisture in my skin and i really think it's helping.

prettyspotty!: life DOES suck balls! so much so, that my friends and i say that life actually IS balls. as in, "life is balls." feel free to use this phrase and pass it on :)